Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hmmmm....I haven't had the problems you're describing...I run my shock only in the outer hole on the arm though...I've run them in every hole on the shock towers, and haven't had any problems setting the ride height there...Adrian from Schumacher USA or Racer X, or a few other guys will probably have a much better answer for you...

Ron
Old 04-19-2002, 11:46 AM
Tech Rookie

I forgot to mention, It's just the rear that won't go lower than 7mm. The fronts seem fine at 5mm. All shocks are the same length. using inner hole on the arm. please help!
Old 04-19-2002, 11:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Tick: thats odd that you cant get the car where you want it with the ride hieght. I run my shocks with the lower mount on the inner hole. On the shock tower, I have the front in the number two hole and the rear in the number three hole. With this setup, my car sits at a perfect 4mm front and rear. If I remember correctly, I built my shocks to 64mm from the top of the shock, to the bottom of the ball end.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Darseid: This is driving me nuts. I have all ball cups screwed all the way into the shafts and all shocks are the same length. I have the fronts at position 2 and the inner hole on the arm which sits the front a 5mm. The rears are also at at position 2 with inner hole on the arm and it sits at 7mm. I've tried all the shock tower positions and as expected, it did'nt make a difference. This is with the stock tires.

The shocks hold the springs with no slack. What the heck is going on!!!
Old 04-19-2002, 12:10 PM
Regional Moderator

Tick: I'm at a loss then. I also measured mine with the stock tires on. When I mount up my LP H13s or my LP Losi Yellows(both of which are REALLY low profile), then I will probably have to raise the ride height slightly. Other than that, the ride height is perfect.

If you have your droop screws set to have the arms level(like the manual suggest), I don't even see how its posible to get a 7mm ride height in the rear.
Old 04-19-2002, 12:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Darkseid,
I could bring down the ride height to 5mm by turning the droop screws almost all the way through. The problem is that this really compresses the shocks and makes it super stiff. AAAARGH!

I really appreciate your help though!
Old 04-19-2002, 12:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Tick: Again, thats very odd, the droop screws need to be turn in very deep to get the arms level, but on my car in doesn't even compress the springs at all. In fact, my grey rear springs don't even have tension on them until I set my car down. Otherwise they still have a little play in them between the spring retainers on the shock. The same for my blue springs up front.

Man, I can see why your frustated. I'm out of ideas. Maybe Adrian can help you.
Old 04-19-2002, 12:33 PM
Tech Initiate

The Tick. Do you have your shock over filled in the rear. This will cause the shock to add a little extra ride hight.
Old 04-19-2002, 12:55 PM
Tech Rookie

All my springs have slight tension in the shock with no play. The car hardly droops when i set it down. The oil level is fine. I'm still tinkering with it guys. Fortunately, I was still hooked up last night at the races. Thanks Again!
Old 04-19-2002, 01:09 PM
Tech Rookie

OK, I've practically reassembled the whole rear end with no dice. I think my only resort at this time is to put some spacers above the diff mounts which will raise the shock tower.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:30 PM
Tech Initiate

The Tick,
You may want to call Schumacher USA before you do that. The guys really know there stuff and are glad to help (813) 889-9691
Old 04-19-2002, 01:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the number Damon! it's busy right now, but I'll keep trying.

I noticed that the softer springs are taller. The reds fit perfect with no slack, but the grey and blues are in ther pretty snug. is this normal?
Old 04-19-2002, 01:52 PM
Tech Rookie

It seems I can get the car to sit at 4.5 - 5mm if I use red springs only. Any softer spring is taller which makes the car sit higher.
Old 04-19-2002, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Tick.....How long are your shocks??? The over all length should be about 66 to 67 mm long. Also make sure that you have the correct Shock tower on the rear of the car, there is a differance between the two. If you still cant get the springs to fit correctly you can run Associated springs or Losi springs on the shocks. I personaly like the Losi springs but they both work just as good.
Old 04-19-2002, 03:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the tip Kevin. I realized that there is probably nothing wrong with my car. I looked at one of the setup sheets in the manual that used grey springs with ride height at 6mm in front and 6.5mm in the rear. I copied the exact same setup and also got 6-6.5. I gues the car is designed to ride high when you use the taller softer springs. I prefer to ride a 5mm or less, so I guess I'll have to find some shorter springs. I'm kinda bummed about that because I just bought a full set.

I'm not sure how long my shocks are, but I screwed the ball cups all the way in. Thanks for all the help guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.