Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Oooohhh yeah thanks
Old 04-08-2002, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default ONE of my Spare Axis2's for sale...

Hey Guys...I'd decided I wasn't going to sell my spare Axis2, but now I've inherited my buddies Axis2 also as he owed me some money...I definitely don't need 3 cars!! I've posted it on the ForSale forum...if you're interested in a VERY well maintain car, with quite a few spare parts, check it out!!

Ron
Old 04-08-2002, 05:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Kevin K: thanks for letting us in.

That looks great man. I see you have plenty of purple on there.

You really have everything nice and organized on there. Why didn't you want to put the transponder behind the motor?
Old 04-08-2002, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Where I race the transponder has to be between the front and rear shock towers. And where it is the closest I can get it to the front and still keep it on the chassis that why it there. Im sure it helps in a tight race where the transponder is mounted. I know forsure that the ROAR 1999 National Championship was won because I made a transponder mount for Steve Rossi on his Losi Street weapon that put it in the front bumper. It came down to the third and final main he and a Yokomo driver, who mounted his transponder on the right side rear of the car both were battling for second and the Yokomo guy did cross the line first but Steve's transponder counted first. This second place gave Steve the Overall win in Stock TC. So thats why its there and not behind the motor.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default mission?

guys- i love my axis2, the smooth handling and all. My best car ever. For all you guys who have missions. How has the new chassis and stuff affected handling and all. also is it worth it. thx for the advice
Old 04-08-2002, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Darkseid
Well esc is cool and if the brushes aren't wearing prematurely and the comm isn't showing burn marks, I would say just make sure there is nothing dragging on the chassis. If not, then just keeping on rolling. I'm at a loss for what the problem could be.

Any of you guys have any picks of your Missions? I remember seeing some on here a while ago, but those are way back on the thread by now. If you still have the pics, can you guys show them again.
By dragging, do you mean the chassis bottoming out?
Old 04-08-2002, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default Drag

I think what he meant, or at least what I was thinking was that you may have a bind in the car somewhere...Back the pinion away from the spur and spin the wheels and see if they're free, or if they feel bound up...

Ron
Old 04-08-2002, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

actually....someone was commenting on the drivetrain when I had the motor out of the car...they were handling the car, spinning the wheels, spinning it by the spur...and they commented that it rolls with a lump....so if I spin it, it doenst just free wheel till it naturally slows to a stop...it seems to always want to stop on the same spot......

I got the alloy pulleys ( I was wearing the stock ones out getting in and out of there all the time ....I am going to put them in tonight...
Old 04-08-2002, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

This is my car the way it used to be. Large electronics fit nicely this way, but be warned, mounting the speedo this close to the motor is blocking the air flow and will raise the temperature of the motor.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-overview.jpg  
Old 04-09-2002, 07:43 AM
Regional Moderator

neas: What I meant by "dragging" is a range of things. Like AZ_Ron said, check the gear mesh. Then if you run on carpet, check all the wheel bearings and pulleys for carpet lint wrapped around them, if you run outside check the spur, pinion, and pulleys for pebbles, you know, just give your car a complete check up for anything that might be putting extra stress on the motor.

If someone noticed a lump in your drive train, that could be a symptom of a problem. Without the pinion connected, the car should just roll to a natural stop.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:51 AM
Regional Moderator

Jesse T: yeah it is pretty tight in there. Right now, I'm planning on using my beloved Tekin G10 along with my XXtra receiver. But I have serious concerns as to whether the two of them will fit in the space given. But, I used to fit the G10 and a similar sized receiver into the chassis space on my MR4TCpro. It has about the same amount of space or a little less than the Mission, so the two of them should fit.

If not, I guess I could use my GMV12 speedo instead.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well, I got her all apart last night and I didn't see anything strange. I put the alloy pulley-holder thingamajigs in, those are slick...though the purple is a different shade then the other purple alloy on my car ??

Anyway, I did some free wheeling and it seems to spin nice and loose...THE ONLY THING I noticed is that, lets say I am spinning the belts and looking at the front diff...it spins perfect, with no distortion side to side...it doesn't wobble. The rear though, has an ever so slight wobble, not side to side but front to back (cuz baby girl like it like that, uh uh)...At this point I am just being picky though, looking for anything...its VERY VERY slight...

I moved the ESC, to give the motor some love (air), hopefully that helps the heat problem...
Old 04-09-2002, 08:02 AM
Regional Moderator

neas: well you've certainly done all you can. I guess there really isn't anything wrong. If you know someone at your track that has a temp gun, you might want to see what the motor temp is before you move the esc and after you move it. That way you'll know for sure if relocating your esc is really helping anything. I say this because I assume you put the esc in where you actually preferred it when you first built the car. So if you have to relocate it, your probably moving it to somewhere you don't want to. By using the temp gun, you'll at least know if its helping. And if it isn't, you can put the esc back where you wanted in the first place!
Old 04-09-2002, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Default Couple of questions...

Hi All...as most of you know, I'm running an Axis 2...the ONLY Axis 2 where I race...As I'm reading some of the older posts, I find a question or two that I need answered...

Aside from the material, what is the difference(s) between the S1 and CF chassis on the A2? It seems there is some kind of geometry or ??? Difference between the two...

Secondly, and this is pretty much hypothetical unless I decide to get REALLY ambitious...what would be the result of putting a Mission style chassis on an Axis2? I.e. Batteries on the right side, and everything else on the left...it looks feasible...has anyone tried it? Is there any problem with the motor being in the middle of the car with this setup instead of towards the rear like the Mission? I've got a couple of Square Feet of CF and could do it if I feel ambitious enough...just wondering if I'd be wasting my time or not...

I had another question, but can't remember it at the moment...it'll come...

Thanks!!

Ron
Old 04-09-2002, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

The carbon chassis has the front housing and suspension mounted on single thickness chassis rather than on the double thickness. The rear suspension is also on the single thinkness with spacers to raise back to the origional height if required.

I don't think that the weight balence would be right with cells all on one side. I haven't looked at an A2 but i would think that the cells would need to be too far over for clearence. This may put the ballence out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.