The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

I went out to the track for about 2 hours this morning. No one else showed up. Brett called later and said he went out to look around as well.

1. The end of the drivers stand opposite the stairs has blown down. Jon, can you bring your tools out to fix it?

2. We need to get as many people out at once as possible as the stand also shifted about a foot and now wobbles. We need to reposition the asphalt blocks under the legs.

3. Still a no go on the mower. It clicks like a dead battery when being jumped. Bad starter? Siezed motor? Can anyone take a look at it? If not, I will see if Brett will pick it up and fix it for me.

4. The push mower sucks!! It started and I mowed a bit but it can't handle the grass out there. I think there is more wrong with that thing than it is worth.

5. One of the weedeaters works (I did not try the other) but it would take forever to cut the grass that way.

6. We need to get some weed killer out on the track. Igy...you said you had some. Can you bring it out to the track someday?

7. The Port-a-Jon was blown down the hill. I strapped a rope to it and pulled it back up the hill. Hopefully who ever does the maintainace on it will swap it out. One of the skids came off of it and the door is crushed in.

We need to do more maintainace on the track and keep it up better than we have if we want to continue to use the area. At any moment the Camp Commander could take the land from us.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is it just the railling on the driver stand? Are the pieces still there and fixable?

I'll look at the mower. You didn't happen to tip it up on it's side?

I'm good whatever day everyone wants to get together to move the stand back.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I won't be able to help this weekend. But next weekend I should be able to help out.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm free Saturday. What time is the work party?
Old 08-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

get back late Thursday, can try for Sat, but no guarantees...
Old 08-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by igyrigged
Is it just the railling on the driver stand? Are the pieces still there and fixable?.
It is fixable and all the pieces look to still be there. None of them seemed to be broken, just pulled off.

I'll look at the mower. You didn't happen to tip it up on it's side?.
Nope. Should I have tried that? I only rolled it out and rolled it back in.

I'm good whatever day everyone wants to get together to move the stand back.
I'm good all weekend as the family is going out of town Friday We could even just use a jack to get the leg up enough to put in the blocks, rinse and repeat.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

I may have another mower locked on. I'm working out the details now. I'm trying to snag it before someone else can get to it.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the push mower needs a new blade the one on it is all bent to shit.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Picked up another riding mower today. It came with two decks. The one on it now does not work. I am hoping the second one will function properly. I didn't have the time or clothes to try it today. The mower is chained to the connex box at the track. I think the decks are compatable with the mower already there.

I'll get out there later this week and change the decks to see if the second deck will work. I think Greg fixed the deck on Igy's mower. Does anyone have any welding skills and think they could repair the deck on my mower? Let me know.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Last time the mower was tipped on it's side, oil ran into the carb and wound up hydro locking the motor. Had to remove the carb and sparkplug and let drain. After that it started and ran fine. I can be out there Saturday around 10:00. We need a bunch of people to show up at the same time, even if it is only for a couple of mins, so we can move the stand.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Went to the track. It actually looks better now than before the typhoon, the grass is nocked down. Mower is jacked. Magnet in starter motor imploded(opened it up, cleaned it out). Engine runs great, just has a weak starter because a piece of one of the magnets is gone. Mower stalls because something is wrong in the rearend. Actually got it to move, but it would bog the motor way down.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

Change of plans....I won't be able to make it Saturday. The wife and kids actually fly out on Saturday.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

So Sunday morning around 10:00?
Old 08-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Last time the mower was tipped on it's side, oil ran into the carb and wound up hydro locking the motor. Had to remove the carb and sparkplug and let drain. After that it started and ran fine. I can be out there Saturday around 10:00. We need a bunch of people to show up at the same time, even if it is only for a couple of mins, so we can move the stand.
Igg, can you make the showtime a bit earlier? That way it will be cooler when we start.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

So Sunday morning around 10:00?
If we do this on Sunday I need to leave by noon. How about 0900?

Last edited by raycerZ; 08-10-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.