Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:13 AM
Tech Adept

The wait never seems to end... First it was early 2010, then April 2010 and now last 4th quarter?!

I think they will miss out on a lot of sales being this slow, with the Serpent, Agama and others now being sold. Why so long? I may just forget Durango and move on elesewhere. They never reply to e-mails. Worrying from a support point of view...
Old 07-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by David1976
The wait never seems to end... First it was early 2010, then April 2010 and now last 4th quarter?!

I think they will miss out on a lot of sales being this slow, with the Serpent, Agama and others now being sold. Why so long? I may just forget Durango and move on elesewhere. They never reply to e-mails. Worrying from a support point of view...
I received reply from Durango, they told me that they are waiting for the manual to be completed, box, and packaging
Old 07-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Looks like they are getting closer for distribution. It may take and other 3 months for the instruccions and the box .
Old 07-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

not till end of september...
I heard on a german thread
Old 07-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David1976

To be fair, the Agama just became available for sale in the last 24 hours. The Serpent was released earlier than the others, at the expense of having a sub-par instruction manual, badly fabricated (delaminating) shock towers, wrong/missing parts in the kit, a fuel tank lid that won't hold a seal, a cascade of failing throttle servos, chewed-up servo horns, and prematurely failing driveline bearings.

Sometimes being the first to market isn't worth the bad impression you make on customers with mostly minor, but still irritating and avoidable problems. As for Durango, the verdict is still out; let's hope they don't flatter only to deceive.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
To be fair, the Agama just became available for sale in the last 24 hours. The Serpent was released earlier than the others, at the expense of having a sub-par instruction manual, badly fabricated (delaminating) shock towers, wrong/missing parts in the kit, a fuel tank lid that won't hold a seal, a cascade of failing throttle servos, chewed-up servo horns, and prematurely failing driveline bearings.

Sometimes being the first to market isn't worth the bad impression you make on customers with mostly minor, but still irritating and avoidable problems. As for Durango, the verdict is still out; let's hope they don't flatter only to deceive.
the durango will be here when it gets here, and I am sure it will be worth the wait. The Agama is here. And the problems with Serpents are only some, not all like you seem to claim. I have one and have no problems with my towers or any of the carbon seperating after properly sealing the carbon as should be done with any. The missing and wrong parts were only a problem with the first run. I have had zero sealing issues with my tank after a few gallons through it, my servos are holding strong with no issues even sitting next to a 250 degree motor in 100+ degree weather. Also no issues with my throttle horn stripping with end points and linkage properly adjusted. The bearings arent the best in fine dusty conditions, but that is my only complaint, other than that, it has been awesome.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i agree, and the durango will have Growing pains as well...Hi captain ive seen u a bit on the serpent thread, do you own one? kinda sux bout the rush job they did...also the durango being released in september works for me,gives me time to focus on my serpent, i will ALSO by the durango tho, looks to sweet to pass up...i do agree that the serpent 811 instructions were TERRIBLE , and that they did rush it to get out, so there are a few issiues because of that, certainlly not the shock towers, there carbon fiber man, i prepped and sealed mine, no issiues yet, but i also am going the aluminum on when mitch from m2c is ready, i will NOT pay those outlandish serpent prices...55.00 for 4 aluminum shoes...NO WAY...sorry for thread hijack, very excited for durango to surface!!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speedy2
not till end of september...
I heard on a german thread
Is this source reliable? End of September seems a long way if there are only packaging and instructions left to do.

I can live with a few niggles with a new chassis, but the Serpent Throttle servo problems do worry me - particularly as there is a difference of opinion to the cause.

If patience is a virtue I am not a virtuous man...
Old 07-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
i agree, and the durango will have Growing pains as well...Hi captain ive seen u a bit on the serpent thread, do you own one? kinda sux bout the rush job they did...also the durango being released in september works for me,gives me time to focus on my serpent, i will ALSO by the durango tho, looks to sweet to pass up...i do agree that the serpent 811 instructions were TERRIBLE , and that they did rush it to get out, so there are a few issiues because of that, certainlly not the shock towers, there carbon fiber man, i prepped and sealed mine, no issiues yet, but i also am going the aluminum on when mitch from m2c is ready, i will NOT pay those outlandish serpent prices...55.00 for 4 aluminum shoes...NO WAY...sorry for thread hijack, very excited for durango to surface!!!!
Hi Tommy. I don't have a Serpent, but I've taken a keen interest in the car, and I'm playing the "wait and see" game for now, hoping that the bigger issues will be worked out because I just don't feel like doing their R & D/troubleshooting for them. Assuming that they can get most of the bugs sorted, I'll be more than happy to pick one up. Until then, I'm very happy with my MP9.

It'll be very interesting at the very least to scrutinize and compare the Serpent and the Durango, considering that at one time they were both technically the same car.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Honestly..............

I can't stop looking at this buggy and don't mind waiting for it.

The design team at Durango appear to do what no other company does. Incorporating all the latest ideas along with proven ideas. It just looks awesome, and really durable. I like the low profile, and the thick chassis that's milled out. The gold touches, and the centered fuel lid. The dust boots on the outdrives, and the countersunk screws.

I don't mind paying 700 bucks for a kit, but I hope the parts are reasonable.

I am looking foreward to seeing how it performs and so on...
Old 07-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has this been posted?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ganymede
Has this been posted?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
It has now

Since that doesn't look like a car wheeled by an expert driver, are we to conclude that the car's already available to the general public in Asia? And they should definitely fix some of those landing ramps, lest they want to end up with a prematurely bent chassis.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It has now

Since that doesn't look like a car wheeled by an expert driver, are we to conclude that the car's already available to the general public in Asia? And they should definitely fix some of those landing ramps, lest they want to end up with a prematurely bent chassis.
If they are available in Asia, how come no announcement??
Old 07-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It has now

Yeah, you can hear the chassis slamming the ground at almost all the landings...
Old 07-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Who's to say it's even a Durango? Could be an Ofna Hyper 7 for all we know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.