Search

OFNA Hyper "X" TC

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default OFNA Hyper "X" TC

Hi all,

I was looking through some old magazines and found an old article on the 2008 Byron on-road event. I saw that in 1st place was some guy with something from OFNA called the Hyper "X". I looked on OFNA's site and have found nothing on it. Was it even released? Is it even in existence? I need help. I got an old MTX-3 I'm looking to sell, but I'm still interested in nitro TC racing at my local track, and plan to race there in couple of years or so. Thanks, guys.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I've never heard of that car. Maybe it was the Hyper GPX4 as that was the only other car produced. It's pretty decent for a parking lot ride. I see your in Naugatuck. What track do you go to? I'm in West Haven.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
I've never heard of that car. Maybe it was the Hyper GPX4 as that was the only other car produced. It's pretty decent for a parking lot ride. I see your in Naugatuck. What track do you go to? I'm in West Haven.
I know for a fact it wasn't the GPX4 or whatever. It said right in the article that it was a new car from OFNA.

I go to Controlfreakz in Chaplin. Great place. Owned by one of the most successful Kawasaki dealerships in New England. The owner spent $9000 for the drivers stand alone. Has a gigantic on-road and off-road track. This is the only place to race in CT!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taco94
I know for a fact it wasn't the GPX4 or whatever. It said right in the article that it was a new car from OFNA.

I go to Controlfreakz in Chaplin. Great place. Owned by one of the most successful Kawasaki dealerships in New England. The owner spent $9000 for the drivers stand alone. Has a gigantic on-road and off-road track. This is the only place to race in CT!!!
Those updates may have made it into the late 2008 GPX4 models.
The GPX4/ (Hobao) car was available in 2007, and kits were still being sold early 2009. Don't see new kits available from Nitrohouse now, just parts support. Haven't seen any new 1/10 TC sedan offerings from OFNA.

If the race was Byron's challenge at Leisure Hours Raceway, I remember it. Jeffrey Lin was driving a 1/10 TC and 1/8 DM1 Spec.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

I seem to remember jeffrey lin was running a prototype ofna TC. It never went into production. I think his engines are tiscontinued too the JL red dots.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

as i remember correctly it was a new hobao prototype, that is why it was called X. but time has passed and have not heard of any new updates...
Old 01-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

In north america OFNA is hong nor and hobao. OFNA is exclusive importer. There packaged as OFNA's. JL didn't do to well with that car. He had alot of mechanical issues. He just made the start of the main by about 30 seconds.