Tilted RC?? Something wrong with their site

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Old 01-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yes sad indeed, I always had good experiences with them and their fuel.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

this economy is tough. im in construction and its tough! especially with all the local illegals under bidding everything like they can because they dont pay taxes, social sec, or insurance for car or work. i have to pay all that plus workmans comp and they under bid me like you wouldn't beleive and nobody will do anything about it. they wonder why the economy is so bad, these guys dont pay taxes then send the money back to their countries. if the money were going to hard working americans and veterans that are hard working we would be putting it back into the economy. sorry little rant!!

homer has some inventory he is trying to get rid of so help him out and buy his remaining inventory at a good price.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koreanassasom
this economy is tough. im in construction and its tough! especially with all the local illegals under bidding everything like they can because they dont pay taxes, social sec, or insurance for car or work. i have to pay all that plus workmans comp and they under bid me like you wouldn't beleive and nobody will do anything about it. they wonder why the economy is so bad, these guys dont pay taxes then send the money back to their countries. if the money were going to hard working americans and veterans that are hard working we would be putting it back into the economy. sorry little rant!!

homer has some inventory he is trying to get rid of so help him out and buy his remaining inventory at a good price.
Easier said them done when you cant find anything on the site.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Prophet

yea i went on their website and was looking, for a engine and nothing showed up?
Old 01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koreanassasom

Yeah, it really bites when another smaller hobby shop closes. I just picked up several items off the site, and didn't have any trouble. It was tools and such, but they were right there on the site.

Check under "new products", and "inventory clearance"....
Old 01-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I definitely bought $350 in tires from them a few months back. Would have cost $600+ on A-Main and $900+ 13% tax locally. They had the best sale prices.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Prophet

i think it had to do with to much compition, really the reason why they closed.
with the small lhs it all depends on if its in, a good location lots of people that start businesses dont think about that really.

thats the other reason why my lhs closed ,last year cause its was not in a good location.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Yeah they were the cheapest around. I hate to see them go...
Old 01-04-2010, 06:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hate to see them go and Love to see them go at the same time.....EVERY single order i did through tilted there was either something missing that they would not admit to at first....then they would delay the shipping by Weeks and weeks to only force me to do another order to get the few item's i was already promised.

email after email was sent to only get lame excuses 1 after another like "oh me and homer were real busy this week with blah blah blah"
next excuse was "oh that stuff is on backorder" Umm NO IT isn't...i can see you have stock RIGHT NOW>

blah...cheap priced but VERY poor customer service....and imo 1 does not go without the other.

here's the e-mail for every one to see.

"It is with great sadness that we send this email today.

Over the past two years, with the economy in such a downturn, it has been increasingly difficult to provide you with the service and the prices you have come to expect from Tilted RC.

Slow sales and an unbelieveably wet race season have forced to re-evaluate Tilted RC's future. We had decided that we are closing Tilted RC - both store locations and the website.

The website will be offering tons of 'inventory clearnace' items over the next few days but only for a very limited time. Please be sure to take advantage of these deals while they last! We are adding more items and will be over the next few days. So please check back often - remember, once these items are gone, they are gone!

We'd like to thank everyone for their patronage over the years and we wish everyone the best of success for the future.

The Tiltyard track will remain open in the future. We are going to concentrate our attention on racing - which is where our true love lies. You can stay in touch with us at www.tilted1.com - the web conference. We plan to keep this open."

www.tiltedrc.com
Old 01-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Hate to see them go and Love to see them go at the same time.....EVERY single order i did through tilted there was either something missing that they would not admit to at first....then they would delay the shipping by Weeks and weeks to only force me to do another order to get the few item's i was already promised.

email after email was sent to only get lame excuses 1 after another like "oh me and homer were real busy this week with blah blah blah"
next excuse was "oh that stuff is on backorder" Umm NO IT isn't...i can see you have stock RIGHT NOW>

blah...cheap priced but VERY poor customer service....and imo 1 does not go without the other.

Same exact thing happened to me 2 times from them. And that was the only 2 times I ordered from them. Heck, they still owe me a set of green losi clutch springs from 3 months ago. LAME!!! They blame the economy but don't you think word might of got out on the poor CS? I mean come on, when racers place a order, they needed the stuff yesterday, not 2 weeks from the date they placed the order!!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Prophet

yea i think thats the other reason why, they went out of bussiness consumer service by making people wait, for the stuff a long time or forgetting it.