Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tt-01 Drift... Help D;.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? tt-01 Drift... Help D;.

Hi, I have only just joined this Forum, and this is my first ever post so don't ban me if i break any rules >.<. Anyway, I was looking around on youtube when I saw a "Rc Car Drifting" video I was absolutely amazed by it and I got addicted to watching them and I feel the urge to start doing it my self after shopping around on different website quiet a few people say that the tt-01 is the best entry level car. Then I was looking around and people said you need to buy extras for it to drift so, what do I need?

Other notes: I would preferbly like to have the cheapiest best stuff, and also I saw on ebay a TT-01D with some extras but no servos >.<. Oh I also come from the uk so uk products. I have no expierence in building rc cars, but I do have a nitro Rex-X off road car.

Thanks for the help
-Jay
Old 12-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you buy the TT01D XB (expert built, pre-assembled RTR) you don't need anything extra.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm interested in that as well, sorry for hijacking the thread.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Theoretically, any car can be a drift car with the right tires. Well maybe not FWD, but I've even seen some one drift on of those kinda.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks, But I can't find any tt-01D Expert Builds I can only find tt-01 EB on ebay... So D;. Could you please find a website or store that does them please sorry for being a pain... (I am in the UK remember no US sites >.<)

-Jay
Old 12-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Don't you have any hobby shops in your area?
Old 12-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes I do, But I'd rather not pay model shop prices... Cos' They always make you go for the things you don't need or the more expensive stuff. I will be paying a visit to it though.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

The Standard TT01 for whatever reason doesnt come with what would be
the most basic of parts: bearings & metal centre-driveshaft.
Everything is a 'hopup', that has to be bought separately, making the car alot more expensive than it needs to be....
Its not unheard of for the hopups to double the actual total price of the car.

The TT01 is a reasonable car, just way overpriced for what it is....

The TT01D (D for Drift) at least has good drift tyres & wheel bearings.
Also look at the TB03D, or TA05:much better cars.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AbundantToast
Thanks, But I can't find any tt-01D Expert Builds I can only find tt-01 EB on ebay... So D;. Could you please find a website or store that does them please sorry for being a pain... (I am in the UK remember no US sites >.<)

-Jay
Have you tried ebay.com.uk ??

Good prices at RCmart.They will send to UK.
http://www.rcmart.com

TT01d: still needs batt, charger & radio gear.
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tam...n-p-28550.html

tb03, needs esc, batt, radio gear
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tam...0-p-28151.html

http://www.drccentral.com/forums/index.php?showforum=56
Old 12-31-2009, 05:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah, Thanks for your help I have like £130 so... Ill be looking to get one in few weeks, Im still not sure which radios to get, I will keep you posted with pictures etc. In the next couple of weeks.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Or can anyone sugest any better cars?
Old 01-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

-Jay
Any reason why you don't want to use a USA site? I'm sure they'd ship to the UK? You might want to check out www.towerhobbies.com to shop around and see what is available- then maybe look for a local store that carries what you determine you want. TT-01D is probably available in kit form for less money, and if you're OK with putting it together, you'll learn a lot about how the TT-01 works. This is helpful for later if you ever need to repair it, or if you want to install upgraded parts. You'd of course need to supply the electronics (the kit would come with a motor, but you'd need to supply the receiver, servo, transmitter, ESC, etc.) Some kits come with a ESC, so shop around.

Jason
Old 01-01-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Or can anyone sugest any better cars?
Depends on what you want to do.. If you just want to drive it around in a parking lot (we call that "bashing") then you've got a lot to choose from. I personally like the Tamiya TB-02, which is another tub-chassis, shaft 4wheel drive Tamiya kit, but it is a bit higher end. Because the TB-02 just got replaced in Tamiya's line up with the TB-03, the TB-02s are usually available for cheaper. Out of the box, they come with ball-bearings, oil-filled shocks, aluminum driveshaft, adjustable suspension parts (all the things that you'd have to pay to upgrade on the TT-01 chassis). I believe the TB-02 has a "d" model for drifting as well, just like the TT-01.

On the other hand, if you want to start out racing, the TT-01 has a good class for beginners going on (pretty sure it's big in the UK too, you might want to check?)

Other brands? HPI has an electric touring car. Check out hpiracing.com
Old 01-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks, This really helped