I need faster lap time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need faster lap time

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Practise,practise and more practise,honestly the pro's practise all the time,even if you have natural talent,it's still practise that wins in the end.Keep going,don't get down-hearted,it will come eventually.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Prophet

sure u can practice a lot if you have a local track to go to which i dont.
i did have a local track but the owner dint know how to run it good.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Don't get discouraged. I've been driving about 3 years and I'm still slow. Just have fun, learn from the fast guys, and practice!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Prophet

oh yea i still have fun racing of corse,im not a (fast) guy like the pro buggy class but im not bad though , compared to others i won races before.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You're already at an advantage because you're driving an Xray, it's a little harder to break than most. As stated, practice and work on turning consistent laps without crashing. Crashing, spinning out, hitting pipes all cost you a lot of time. Work on hitting your lines the same lap after lap. If you can't make your truck hit the lines you want and hold them, then look at your setup. I just started racing in September this year after a 9 year break from the sport. So far I have finished between 2nd and 5th every race. We have some fast guys at our track, a couple that I thought I'd never beat but I have. I didn't beat them head to head, the crashed, broke, flamed out, or whatever. My Xray finishes every race without a problem, but I don't know that I'll ever beat these guys head to head. I'm shooting for it though. Just keep your head down and practice turning laps over and over.
Here's what I've found. Go to the track when no one else is there and practice. After a few times of having to marshal your own truck and having it stall before you can get it flipped over, you'll quickly learn where you're making mistakes and correct them. It might mean slowing down in that particular section, but a slow clean lap is faster than half a fast lap with a wreck.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

You are probably to aggresive on the throttle. Go easy on the throttle. It will look slower, but I can almost guarantee that you will go faster. If you go "slower", you can focus more on lines and not tipping over - and that will get you very far.

My first national race in my truggy, I reached the A Main final. I was around 4 sec slower per lap than the leaders, but I didn't tip over, and I was able to drive the same lap-times over and over again. That will get you far.

And as mentioned - get the right tire. The tire is the most important thing in your setup.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
il say it like this if you been racing for 6, years and you are just a good enough driver than thats what u will be,if you are a exellent driver than thats what u will be .

i been racing electric onroad for about 3 years, when i started out and i been. doing offroad for about 2 years and i ,was never a exellent driver just good enough and i really dont think il ever be a pro, but i dont care i just deal with it .
I have no idea what you were saying in that first paragraph. PROOF READ and USE PERIODS AND COMMAS IN THE RIGHT PLACES.

I am the opposite of most. I was running say 50 seconds laps consistently and I was dropping down to about 5th or 6th place in quals. I was running the exact same lines as the pros so I didnt know what I was doing wrong. So I was watching the expert buggy and drake, truhe, maifield, etc. and they were driving much more aggressive. I tried driving more aggressive, just small things like braking later and get the car to roate through turns by braking, if there is a long run up for not a big jump you can go full throttle then tab the brake to slow you down at the bottom of the jump and accelerate through. Just small things like that took off about .5-1 second each lap, and it really added up. So instead of getting 5th and 6th I was getting 2nd and 3rd.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
I have no idea what you were saying in that first paragraph. PROOF READ and USE PERIODS AND COMMAS IN THE RIGHT PLACES.

I am the opposite of most. I was running say 50 seconds laps consistently and I was dropping down to about 5th or 6th place in quals. I was running the exact same lines as the pros so I didnt know what I was doing wrong. So I was watching the expert buggy and drake, truhe, maifield, etc. and they were driving much more aggressive. I tried driving more aggressive, just small things like braking later and get the car to roate through turns by braking, if there is a long run up for not a big jump you can go full throttle then tab the brake to slow you down at the bottom of the jump and accelerate through. Just small things like that took off about .5-1 second each lap, and it really added up. So instead of getting 5th and 6th I was getting 2nd and 3rd.

well if you have a problem where i put, the commas and periods than dont comment on what i write then.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you all for your great comments.
As some of you said, My Xray is like a tank and very reliable so no issue here.
As for the power I have the Novarossi Toronero with plenty of available punch.

The only gap from the pros is with the tires. I have the proline crimefighter while they runing the AKA, I will might try it.

As for crashes, I'm getting better and during the semi final I crashed only once.
I think that my main gap is on the turns, I go slow before any turn while they take the turn at high speed, I don't now how

Thanks for you comments, I will keep my head up and continue to practice

FYI, the system doesnt let me to put a link on the thread, if you want to see our (very nice) track with one of the pros at practice, go to Youtube and under search type: "new Negev Speed RC Track" it will link you to our track in Israel.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
well if you have a problem where i put, the commas and periods than dont comment on what i write then.
It's hard when you are typing random crap that nobody can understand. Do you even know how to use commas and proper English?
Old 12-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by banji
Thank you all for your great comments.
As some of you said, My Xray is like a tank and very reliable so no issue here.
As for the power I have the Novarossi Toronero with plenty of available punch.

The only gap from the pros is with the tires. I have the proline crimefighter while they runing the AKA, I will might try it.

As for crashes, I'm getting better and during the semi final I crashed only once.
I think that my main gap is on the turns, I go slow before any turn while they take the turn at high speed, I don't now how

Thanks for you comments, I will keep my head up and continue to practice

FYI, the system doesnt let me to put a link on the thread, if you want to see our (very nice) track with one of the pros at practice, go to Youtube and under search type: "new Negev Speed RC Track" it will link you to our track in Israel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6cPGsTozDU

you have to have 10 post's to post links.

Anyways this last year was my second year of racing. (09)

i have gone through 4 different cars to find that one car i could drive consistently.
i drove a race revo (before the class was dead) a mugen mbx5r, Hot bodies d8, and right now i am racing the kyosho ST-RR

there is a track about an hour south of me were wheni raced buggy, i was never fast never consistent, nothing hardly finished races...
last weekend i was racing my truggy, i was fallowing the top 2 guys in the main line for line i was able to keep up with them then second place droped off after a flame out, it just takes practice....

actually i think racing buggy helped me get fast in truggy, also VRC the rc racing game has really helped me with throttle control and turning.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Prophet

not to bad just get a little smoother on the throttle with the buggy ,and you defiely will be faster. what i try to do is when im coming close to a big jump i just give it enough throttle, so i dont over clear it and let of in the air just a bit so i can downside it.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

You said "easy to drive".

A properly tuned Xray is anything but "easy". Time to get a better feel for aggressive tuning.

Ask an pro what they want in 1/8th and it's allways the same. More steering and rotation, without getting too slidey, at all speeds.

Dial that thing in 'till it will turn inside of anything, but is kind of a handful, then learn to drive with the wheel and less with the trigger.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
You said "easy to drive".

A properly tuned Xray is anything but "easy". Time to get a better feel for aggressive tuning.

Ask an pro what they want in 1/8th and it's allways the same. More steering and rotation, without getting too slidey, at all speeds.

Dial that thing in 'till it will turn inside of anything, but is kind of a handful, then learn to drive with the wheel and less with the trigger.
lots of tag body spray
Old 12-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by houston
lots of tag body spray

Yup, It sure deos help to have cutting edge tire treatments like TAG for a team sponsor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.