Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new nitro rs4 3 build

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default new nitro rs4 3 build

im gonna buy part by part, including engine. what will i need to get me up to 60mph? im planning to buy a 5 port engine. as for the handling at 60mph what will i need? sway bars, shocks, springs, droop?
Old 12-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cannouu
im gonna buy part by part, including engine. what will i need to get me up to 60mph? im planning to buy a 5 port engine. as for the handling at 60mph what will i need? sway bars, shocks, springs, droop?
My question is WHY!! Cut your costs on the build, and live to build again. Buy a good used one for cheap, or even a roller. Add a nice .21(modified) engine and you can blow right by 60mph. Oh yea, I did it.

Under the hood
Old 12-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Rookie

man.. thats nice, but see on this project i want to be able to do it with a .12 high revving engine, just maximize the porting, 30% nitro, highest gearing, and suspension parts. possible? i dont really care about the torque, as long as hit can hit it in 2 football field lengths
Old 12-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Initiate

man.. thats nice, but see on this project i want to be able to do it with a .12 high revving engine, just maximize the porting, 30% nitro, highest gearing, and suspension parts. possible? i dont really care about the torque, as long as hit can hit it in 2 football field lengths
Thanks man. I did that too, but it had better be the strongest modified .12 you can get, and get the weight down on the RS4, it's not a lite as the belt drives. My Picco JLR .12 is much quicker and faster in my G4. I never clocked it, but it was fast.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Or you could just buy a Traxxas nitro 4-TEC and go 70 right away? I had one and it was stooopid fast but still handled decent and was durable!
Old 12-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gtxcowboy
Or you could just buy a Traxxas nitro 4-TEC and go 70 right away? I had one and it was stooopid fast but still handled decent and was durable!
The nitro 4 tec is NOT a good car in my eyes
Old 12-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah get ready to buy some parts:

1. hardened cvds for the front and back. The stock dog bones will snap due to too much power
2. hardened middle shafts
3. clutch bell, fly wheel that will fit, or a complete centax cluch for engine
4. depending on motor and/or motor mount, you may need to do some dremeling to fit new motor, or you may have to buy upgraded chassis.
5. upgarde brake disk
6. HPI sway bars are a joke.
7. lower the ride height by removing shock collars and use stiffer springs, or upgrade to adjustable shocks.
8. manifold and exhaust to fit new motor.

That's a lot of work and money and not even get close to the performance of a RRR, G4, mugen or the likes. Trust me, I've done it too. The car does handle well in parking lot conditions.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default just go for the big block

there is a thread on rc universe about putting big blocks in 1/10th scalers

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_82..._1/key_/tm.htm

read about the big block .15 that might be a option for you if you can find one in descent shape

here is a pic of my ntc3 before i put the foams on it

thanks