Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stock JPX.21 or Moded Novarossi N21

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I prefered run a Picco for 8 - 9 gallons before to rebuild it than run an OS for 3 gallons and having to rebuild it, and OS parts are as expensive as Picco parts.

Hey, all high end engine (Novarossi, Picco, RB) are expensive to rebuild.

If you want an engine who's cheap when rebuild, buy a Force, Dynamite, Axial, HPI.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Mathiew, I ran the JP-3 with the picco P-7 motors for years & loved the power that combo made,probably my favorite combo of motor & pipe of the many I have tried. There is 1 down fall to this combo though & thats run time.

Integra & Maximo finally conned me into trying the DYN 086 on the jammin motor & evo2 & like they both said repeatedly run time went up dreasticly, like 1-1.5 min easy. I noticed with the JP-3 in buggy the power started pulling so hard so low that many of my friends I let drive the car called it uncontrollable out of corners & didnt like it, but said it pulled perfectly for the lenght of straights we race on. I would be driving their cars at the same time & was thinking WOW he spent $500 on this motor plus cost of pipe & this thing is gutless.
When I put the DYN 086 on the Jammin motor it required only a slight retune but lost the explosivness out of the corners at very very low rpm but still pulled as strong as most motor & stronger than some but where it started to pull violently had move up quite a bit in the power band. now about 15 maybe 20' out of the corner it would hit hard & light up all 4 wheels & had the feeling that it would still be pulling hard 20' or more past my braking mark for turn 1. Just like they said I got 1-2 more laps before pitting & at low traction tracks it was easier to drive just not as fun.

Also keep in mind that with jammin motor & JP-3 pipe you can go 1-2 teeth bigger on motor compaired to your friends with same car & different motors. With the DYN 086 the gearing you ran before will be fine or maybe 1 tooth up.

When I run that motor now its a toss up between the 2 pipes,mostly depending on who is running that day & what kind of mood I'm in.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by butch man
Mathiew, I ran the JP-3 with the picco P-7 motors for years & loved the power that combo made,probably my favorite combo of motor & pipe of the many I have tried. There is 1 down fall to this combo though & thats run time.

Integra & Maximo finally conned me into trying the DYN 086 on the jammin motor & evo2 & like they both said repeatedly run time went up dreasticly, like 1-1.5 min easy. I noticed with the JP-3 in buggy the power started pulling so hard so low that many of my friends I let drive the car called it uncontrollable out of corners & didnt like it, but said it pulled perfectly for the lenght of straights we race on. I would be driving their cars at the same time & was thinking WOW he spent $500 on this motor plus cost of pipe & this thing is gutless.
When I put the DYN 086 on the Jammin motor it required only a slight retune but lost the explosivness out of the corners at very very low rpm but still pulled as strong as most motor & stronger than some but where it started to pull violently had move up quite a bit in the power band. now about 15 maybe 20' out of the corner it would hit hard & light up all 4 wheels & had the feeling that it would still be pulling hard 20' or more past my braking mark for turn 1. Just like they said I got 1-2 more laps before pitting & at low traction tracks it was easier to drive just not as fun.

Also keep in mind that with jammin motor & JP-3 pipe you can go 1-2 teeth bigger on motor compaired to your friends with same car & different motors. With the DYN 086 the gearing you ran before will be fine or maybe 1 tooth up.

When I run that motor now its a toss up between the 2 pipes,mostly depending on who is running that day & what kind of mood I'm in.
What head shims do you run with the 086 ? I find the 086 runs better with a little higher compression...on 30% we run .4 mm total shims, stock is .5 mm.......
Old 12-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Stock shimming on stock motor. Next time I run this motor I will pull down shims & see.

If I ever have any money I was also thinking of trying one of your modded Jammins.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

I don't know if i'll take a sotck JPX21 or a CLockwork Picco P7

But i like explosive power, and this engine will drop in a heavy X2 CRT truggy, so this explosive power would be nice
Old 12-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Maximo, i've sent you a MP
Old 12-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been running PowerHouse motors for the last few years and would never run anything but. His work is phenominal, you tell him what you want out of an engine and he does it. Not only that but he stands behind his work 110%. I have run his modded p5 all year and it ran better than any other motor I have ever owned. The new Nova .21 3 port runs GREAT after he works his majic on it. Once my P5 dies thats the motor im going to.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mathiew
I don't know if i'll take a sotck JPX21 or a CLockwork Picco P7

But i like explosive power, and this engine will drop in a heavy X2 CRT truggy, so this explosive power would be nice
stock jpx21 is almost to much power for the x2 truggy i ran it in my dads last week at the race and i was riding willies at the middle of the long straight bc there was a little hump about half way. it was by far the fastest truggy at the track and i have yet to see one out run it. sometimes it has to much power and will just sit there spinning when having not much traction. get the stock JPX21 and through on the JP3 pipe and go race, you will NOT be disappointed!
Old 12-21-2009, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To ad to what my son jhmaxey51 said , i have been told by several people at the track that my engine is the best running jpx they have seen. Maybe i just somehow got a really good one ? i don't know because it is the first one i have had. I am going to buy another soon so i will find out then .
Old 12-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im glad people are catching onto the 086 on the JPX and Picco P7R engines. I know Supertib/Maximo/Neal and I spoke about this a LONG time ago and that he also highly recommends his cutomers and others to run this pipe on these engines as well This has been my pipe of choice and recommendation since i started modifying these engines. This is also what pipe i used when i test the P7R on the X-Dyno as it works so well with it. So needless to say there are dyno results for those of you that want to see the actual curve on paper of this engines mated with this pipe.

The JPX and P7R EVO series engines are very high on my list of .21 truggy engines thats for sure. Quality, power and reliability are top notch on these mills and all for a great price!