Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stock JPX.21 or Moded Novarossi N21

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Matthiew- what you have to do is look at what you want the engine to do. Do you want smooth consistant power delivery, do you drive the truck side ways through corners with tires lit? You have to be honest with yourself as far as that goes. If you want the biggest weed wacker on the block, then step it up to a .28 and my modded .28's will get about 10 minutes of runtime in a truggy even running hard. I run a Plus28-7T with a JP1 and it gets between 9 and 1030 depending on the conditions. Just remember that everyone is faced with the same conditions you are so if you are losing run time, so are they. I have placed very well at bigger events because my .28 will go as far or farther on fuel than their .21's so the old theory of .28's not getting runtime are over. If you are in it to prove a .21 can work well in a truck, a modded N21R will be smoother than the Jammin but will still work well. The Jammin stock or modified will be great. Other engines to consider are my modded P5, Plus4 and Toro Nero. I have seen a couple of Max's picco's run and they were very stout so either way you can't lose. Let us know what you end up with and how it runs for you!
Old 12-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mathiew
Yes, i've see this new Ofna 21 JL. But i'am sure that the Jammin/Picco is better, not only in term of performance, but in material quality and longevity.

Maybe i'am wrong, but the JPX is a Picco, Italian base engine, and the Ofna 21 JL is a Force, Taiwaness base engine.

The Force 21 is prety new, and nobody here have somes decent opinion on this engine.

The JPX21 and Nova 21b are on the markaet since long time, and lot of people post comments on this mills.

I'am sure that a moded JPX21 should be a beast
But wich modders to choose from?? AB, RB, Clockwork, Power House performance.......

I've only seen AB moded engine run at my track, and the Picco P3 i've seen is absolutly monstruous, nothing can come close with it.

Probably that best thing to do will be to take a stock, reliable and powerfull engine, so the JPX21 seem to be a great choice.
Get with me and im sure we can work something out that fits your needs perfectly. I stock and sell a lot of modified engines and can custom tailor one just for you.

Adam Blevins,
AB Mods
Old 12-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Does anyone know who sells the con rod for picco jammin .21 or evo2/3/4 ? (I suppose they use the same con-rod)

Haven't been able to find one yet!!
Old 12-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

nitrohouse

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=12846
Old 12-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks buddy... Wow it is expensive!!!
Old 12-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i am romax's son and i ran the engine last week in his truggy and it is amazing! it hauls and i had to be easy on the throttle because im not used to such a powerful engine. but i love that engine my favorite by far and i have driven alot a different engines. he let me run it for a little while in my X2 buggy a few weeks back and i loved it in the buggy. i drove a lot better with it than any of my engines i have had and i hope one is under the tree this year. great engine with tons of power and like he said the RB pipe is great for that engine and it gets about 8 min or so a tank in the buggy with that pipe. not sure about the truggy because i ran the JP3 pipe with the truggy and i think we were getting 9 min but i dont know i just pitted when he told me too.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Mathiew i saw your post on another topic asking about the RB pipe being to long. the answer is because the truggy engine is mounted farther forward than the buggy and also on the buggy the pipe went out a little farther than the chassis but on the truggy it hit the stone guards its almost a perfect fit but it wont quite fit you could cut a very small hole in the guard so that the pipe can have the tiny but more space and it should work perfectly.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

OK, but if this JPX21 work great with a JP-3, i'll run it with this pipe, because i ever have the JP-3 install in my truggy, and i don't want to spend money for another pipe.

I'll buy another pipe only if this engine don't react good with the JP-3
Old 12-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
Mathiew i saw your post on another topic asking about the RB pipe being to long. the answer is because the truggy engine is mounted farther forward than the buggy
How do you figure this ?
Old 12-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

OK, but if this JPX21 work great with a JP-3, i'll run it with this pipe, because i ever have the JP-3 install in my truggy, and i don't want to spend money for another pipe.

I'll buy another pipe only if this engine don't react good with the JP-3
JP3 works decently, tho I do like the JP4 better.......086 is my favorite tho
Old 12-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Maximo, did you have some JPX21 in stock now? or you only have the Picco P7R EVO3?
I know that both engines are good, but which one is better? JPX21 or Picco P7R??
Old 12-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
How do you figure this ?
Actually he was thinking compared to the x1 but if you had read his complete post you would have seen that he said it was hitting the stone guard & could be made to fit. Come on integra give my 19 year old a break he is just trying to help. While his statement about the engine being farther forward was not accurate he did say the stone guard was the problem . But go ahead & try to correct every thing he say's if that makes you feel like a man. I won't respond to you anymore keyboard cowboy .
Old 12-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by romax
Actually he was thinking compared to the x1 but if you had read his complete post you would have seen that he said it was hitting the stone guard & could be made to fit. Come on integra give my 19 year old a break he is just trying to help. While his statement about the engine being farther forward was not accurate he did say the stone guard was the problem . But go ahead & try to correct every thing he say's if that makes you feel like a man. I won't respond to you anymore keyboard cowboy .

okedoke.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Maximo, did you have some JPX21 in stock now? or you only have the Picco P7R EVO3?
I know that both engines are good, but which one is better? JPX21 or Picco P7R??
They are pretty much identical as far as performance... The EVO 3 has slightly more aggressive port timing which will move the powerband upwards slightly...The EVO 3 also has a updated case as well as what seems like a better fit and finish........These are very good Truggy engines IMO....too much power for buggy in most cases, but top notch for Truggy.......

I know plenty of engines are good, but for my conditions and driving style the Picco .21's are my favorite for truggy..Their out of the corner rush is unlike any others I have tried..They do seem to peak out earlier then other engines, but my radar testing has showed they have as high or higher speed down the straight...they just accelerate in such a rush they reach their peak earlier...A motor with a softer bottom will seem like its will never stop climbing, even if its top speed is less then the Picco, it just takes much longer to hit speed so it gives the illusion of a better top end.....
Old 12-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xjqkz
Thanks buddy... Wow it is expensive!!!
Picco's are great engines until they stop working and then theey are not worth rebuilding. It's too expensive and not worth it in the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.