Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Try to use softer spring as the kit spring is way too hard. I use 2.4 front and 2.2 rear spring on dusty surface. For high grip concerte I use 2.9 front and 2.7 rear springs. Reduce the camber to 1.5 degree. Check tire wear as I end up with 2 degree outside and 1.5 inside. And shock oil I use stock piston with 40wt oil front and rear. Seems to work ok. The swing shaft I bend one. Change to the steel one and the last very long time. Oh, and try to remove the pole in the middle for the upper deck and remove the screw and spacer hold the servo ball crank to the upper deck. More chassis flex works a lot better on low grip track.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks all for your help, I have installed the heavy duty arms.
I will need to purchase the softer springs.

Does anyone know the viscosity the shock oil is that comes with the kit.

GPM you said change the camber to 1.5, is that for rear or front or both? what brand spring do you use, 2.4, 2.2?

with the sakura/3 racing springs which are the softer, 6.5 or 4.25?
for the last 5 years I have run xray fk05 and they rate theirs by weight eg 16lb etc.

Dave.

Last edited by davenz; 08-15-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by davenz

with the sakura/3 racing springs which are the softer, 6.5 or 4.25?
for the last 5 years I have run xray fk05 and they rate theirs by weight eg 16lb etc.

Dave.
I just got the sakura/3racing new springs (21mm)and i think the 6.5 must be softer than 4.25.I don't understand why according 3Racing the T4.25 is the softer and T6.5 is the hardest.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Born2Run
I just got the sakura/3racing new springs (21mm)and i think the 6.5 must be softer than 4.25.I don't understand why according 3Racing the T4.25 is the softer and T6.5 is the hardest.
The more coils in a spring the softer it is given the same wire gauge.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Besercoe
The more coils in a spring the softer it is given the same wire gauge.
I know that.Maybe in 3racing they don't :-) Anyway 4.25 is the sping with the less coils so it's the harder one.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by robk
Narrowing a car definitely makes the car grip more. I know adding spacers to the suspension holders (widening) on a car like a TC5 or Xray will take grip away. Going from outdoor to indoor, it was easy to widen the car at the bulkheads to reduce grip for carpet.

That being said, wider cars are supposed to have less lateral load transfer, so maybe this narrowing is working the tire harder. Widening the car will reduce traction roll too, so that seems in line with narrow cars having more "side bite".

I think you're spot on there. I run an xray 009 and I made the front end a whole 2mm wider on sunday and it had less responsive handling and because its a lot more stable, you can afford to add more Dual rate on the transmitter. My laptimes dropped a further 2 tenths per lap with this change.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I'm gonna have to do some research on that...I keep remembering back to the old "Wider is better" commercials for the Pontiac Grand Prix and the comparison between the F103 and F104 where the F103, the wider car, is a better handling car.
I think thats when the whole car is wider, its better, but because we only have 190mm to work with and you want to add or take away grip from one end of the car, making it narrower gives more grip on that end of the car.

Its all relevant, because if you had 200mm to work with, the car would still be 199mm etc at one end of the car and less on the other end to give a good balance. I remember when the 1997 F1 cars had a wider track and then in testing for 1998 with the 10% narrower cars straight away being 2 seconds slower per lap, so indeed wider is faster.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

3 Racing released !
Graphite Main Chassis 2.25MM (Narrow) For Sakura Zero
Attached Thumbnails Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-3r-sak-13bwo.jpg  
Old 08-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by martynp
I have switched from a Xray T2009 to the Sakura and my spares bill has come down not from breakages but from the plastic stripping on the Xray. The Sakura is every bit as good as the xray for quality and at my local track I am going quicker with it than the Xray 09
Are you sure about this LOL. Not a tiny bit of exageration?
Old 08-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxg123456
Max the Zero is nigh on unbreakable, and I have tried lol..... the car has had over 8 hours actual time on track and had some stonking crashes that would have destroyed any other car, but am still to break anything at all, parts are cheap and they don't break, all in all no exaggeration here !!!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by maxg123456
I am certain of it I have only had to replace 2 broken parts due to major crashes hitting the wooden track surround that had got stepped out on the sakura non through wear and tear where as on the xray I was stripping plastic parts every 3 or 4 meetings
Old 08-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by martynp
I am certain of it I have only had to replace 2 broken parts due to major crashes hitting the wooden track surround that had got stepped out on the sakura non through wear and tear where as on the xray I was stripping plastic parts every 3 or 4 meetings
I have to agree with martynp, I ve never broke anything yet, this is a one tough car.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Maybe i got inferior parts with my sakura,
I have broken:
1 x rear suspension arm ( broke both mounting holes where the pin goes through to connect to chassis),
2 x swingshafts where the outer ball connects to the shaft.

I have since replaced the latter with heavy duty items.

all breaks in separate incidents.
I am an experienced racer but was just bad luck to be involved in the incidents.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Initiate

I race in novice, so you can imagine some of the monumental accidents I have had. I have raced the car since it was released and have only broken one c-hub. Unfortunately, rims are a different matter. I have destroyed four sets or wheels of varying brands. I am about to try some speedminds as I have been told these are more resilient.

I have no complaints at all about the strength of the car itself.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oggie
I race in novice, so you can imagine some of the monumental accidents I have had. I have raced the car since it was released and have only broken one c-hub. Unfortunately, rims are a different matter. I have destroyed four sets or wheels of varying brands. I am about to try some speedminds as I have been told these are more resilient.

I have no complaints at all about the strength of the car itself.
Oggie +1 on the Speed Mind wheels, they are all we ever use out of choice, but be certain you are getting the K28 labelled wheels as they are supremely resilient to damage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.