Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Here ya go Paul.
This is great!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
OMG Thats funny!!!!!!!!!!.
I found this too and it totally describes Rap Snacks!

http://www.cultureblues.com/2010/04/...nd-rap-snacks/
Old 08-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Paul,

Can you describe your break-in method for your nitro engines?

Thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by musti72
Hi Paul,

Can you describe your break-in method for your nitro engines?

Thanks

HI, I im really not the "nitro motor guy" atall. but when i get a brand new engine i idol 5 or 6 tanks threw it keeping the temp around 180 by adjusting the low end accordingly. It is Best to use a very high oil content fuel when doing this. ill shut the motor off after every tank and let it cool down completely between tanks (heat cycle's). after a handfull of tanks like this i will loosen up my 2 speed and tune the motor in on the track to run a good temp, 16%nitro 260deg , 20% 250, 25% 235, 30% 220. Ill run the motor like that for a good while, maybe 1 gallon. Then ill replace the rod and lean it out good and hope its fast.

Again i dont know for sure if that is a good way. but that is how i would do it. if im at a race and dont have the time to do that i would just idol the tanks with the heat cycles and let her rip, and of course prey. lol
Old 08-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Good to see you out at Leisure
Old 08-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Congrats on your recent win at ROAR

I was just wondering how do you check for diff slip?is it

1) grab either tire and the spur with one hand and check for slip by
by turning the other tire with the other hand? if you do which side
do you check for slip.

2) grab both tires and check for slip by turning the spur gear?

thanks in advance
Old 08-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Paul,

Dieter gave me your message you asked him to forward to me while we were checking out the off road Nat's. Right back at ya my friend!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by robk
Good to see you out at Leisure
Thanks RAB. you too. it was a great race.

Originally Posted by tb214
Congrats on your recent win at ROAR

I was just wondering how do you check for diff slip?is it

1) grab either tire and the spur with one hand and check for slip by
by turning the other tire with the other hand? if you do which side
do you check for slip.

2) grab both tires and check for slip by turning the spur gear?

thanks in advance
Thanks, you can do it both ways if you know what you are looking for. I always grab my LR tire and spur gear and try and slip the right side tire. for mod i always look for the belt to climb the gear and almost skip, but the diff will slip before the belt skipps. for stock classes (less powe) your diff dosen't have to be as tight. the more free feeling the better with no slip.

Originally Posted by B.JUCHA
Hey Paul,

Dieter gave me your message you asked him to forward to me while we were checking out the off road Nat's. Right back at ya my friend!!!
LOL
Old 08-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
At the Worlds i used the 2 hole arms but their were reasons for that.
high minumum weight and big tires, if that race is 1350G minimum weight and normal size tires i most likely would have had one hole arms on my car.
Hey Paul, thanks for all the helpful information you give us on here.

Isn't 1420 grams a normal minimum weight? In what races do you run 1350?

What's a normal size tire -- Sorex? Was the vtech tire bigger than a Sorex?

Also on your T3 setup sheets since Reedy Race you haven't indicated the swaybar mounting point you use on the rear arm -- middle?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Paul,

Running a T3 on carpet with JACO blue tires, I have a pretty decent setup, but now we have gone back to a slower motor combo, again my car is pretty decent, BUT, it has the slightest corner exit over steer (sort of feels lazy and over rotates coming out of the corner). I was thinking rc change with rear upper link, or shock position change, but not feeling positive on either of these or which direction to adjust, what do you suggest.

Thanks much

Oh ya, Vegas baby.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hi Paul,

Running a T3 on carpet with JACO blue tires, I have a pretty decent setup, but now we have gone back to a slower motor combo, again my car is pretty decent, BUT, it has the slightest corner exit over steer (sort of feels lazy and over rotates coming out of the corner). I was thinking rc change with rear upper link, or shock position change, but not feeling positive on either of these or which direction to adjust, what do you suggest.

Thanks much

Oh ya, Vegas baby.
Johnny - u should post your whole setup and what motor class u are now running. -Mike
Old 09-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by MarkBrown
Hey Paul, thanks for all the helpful information you give us on here.

Isn't 1420 grams a normal minimum weight? In what races do you run 1350?

What's a normal size tire -- Sorex? Was the vtech tire bigger than a Sorex?

Also on your T3 setup sheets since Reedy Race you haven't indicated the swaybar mounting point you use on the rear arm -- middle?
Hi, i havent been to races that have 1350 but a lot of the euro set ups have been on 1350weight, their was a dispute at the worlds as to what the weight would be because many of the drivers had been running on different weights going in to the event. 70G is definately a different set up.

"normal size tire" LOL I guess i could have used defferent words for that, the LRP tires are the largest tires that i have ever run.

The rear bar was mounted in the middle hole.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hi Paul,

Thanks much

Oh ya, Vegas baby.
I would try thicker front oil or stiffer front spring (if you are softer than 2.8 right now) and making your steering post one notch shorter.

Ill see ya in a couple days!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Paul, thank you so much for the help you gave Jason and me at the IIC. I was once again impressed by your knowledge and willingness to help others. I hope Xray and Mr. Hudy are aware of the fine job you do not only racing, but helping others at the events you attend. I cannot even count the number of times I saw you put aside your own car to look at and help others with their cars. It is hard for me to imagine how you are able to do this given the level of competition you are involved in at this kind of event. And to watch you compete, in person, wow.

Thanks again, Keith and Jason.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks again for your help at the IIC Paul. Both in Vegas and in Orlando you have helped make my week a more enjoyable experiance. All the drivers in the pits were talking about how you are the quintessential example of how a company representive should be at one of these events.

Cam
Old 09-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Paul, I can only add to the 2 above posts, your passion for the sport and support for the products you use are second to none. Thanks for all the help in the past as well as Vegas, even after the race hanging with us was priceless. Hope to see you again sson.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.