Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC >

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Old 09-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Brady_21x
Sounds good! Thanks for the quick response definitely better than the $9 a can for motor cleaner!
No prob!

Originally Posted by Meradin
Wait Brady, these are for cleaning cars and tires...you actually have to race one to get it dirty! Just kidding! Hopefully we will see you racing again soon!

Paul, Thanks for the responses! I wouldn't want to put the naptha in the canister, I just squirt some on my rag and rub the tires down. Works well. I tried using the alcohol as a tire cleaner and it did not impress me. I will take a video of it. The Alcohol in the canister will work great as a motor spray substitute! Gotta pick me up a bottle.

I also see you have a new formula for carpet compound. Can you speak on that? How does it compare to the LG2? SXT?

Thanks for the input!. The new carpet additive seems to be working out really well. the feedback is 95% positive so far. Compared to LG2 it is much different, It is thinner and contains less oil. compared to SXT it seems to work in a similar way but generally the rear of the car seems a more stuck, or at least that has been the most common feedback.

thanks!
Old 09-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Meradin
Wait Brady, these are for cleaning cars and tires...you actually have to race one to get it dirty! Just kidding! Hopefully we will see you racing again soon!
Hey now I thought we were friends I'll be back for the winter season full time. Got this dirt oval fever I can't seem shake! Also been having to much fun with 1/8th scale buggy

Also Paul, glad to see you'll be at the Midwest indoor championships in Marshall MN at Brandon Skewes track! I'll have to stop by and say hi and pick up a bottle of the new carpet compound, been using the older LCG and have had good luck with it, doesn't seem to fall off like some of the other brands I've tried.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Brady_21x
Hey now I thought we were friends I'll be back for the winter season full time. Got this dirt oval fever I can't seem shake! Also been having to much fun with 1/8th scale buggy

Also Paul, glad to see you'll be at the Midwest indoor championships in Marshall MN at Brandon Skewes track! I'll have to stop by and say hi and pick up a bottle of the new carpet compound, been using the older LCG and have had good luck with it, doesn't seem to fall off like some of the other brands I've tried.

Yup Ill be their!
you should race.
The old stuff worked really well if the proper amount was used for the proper time. the new stuff is more versatile.

Thanks!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Hi Paul,

I know your more on the onroad side of the Hudy house, but i was just wondering if you could share any information on how the XB-2 project is going?

Do you think it will be released before Christmas or some time first quarter of next year?

I have the XB-4 and it's amazing...!!!

Thx
Old 09-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
Hi Paul,

I know your more on the onroad side of the Hudy house, but i was just wondering if you could share any information on how the XB-2 project is going?

Do you think it will be released before Christmas or some time first quarter of next year?

I have the XB-4 and it's amazing...!!!

Thx
Hi, I have no actual inside info on the release date but i do have my opinion. yes I THINK that the 2 wheel will be released by Christmas. I dont know a ton about the project itself though, I do know that the motor forward prototypes right now are working very well on high grip and astro turf tracks. Wish i knew more.

Thanks!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Paul, last year at IIC, several people witnessed you going to your room with a large rubber hanging out of your bag, and dragging on the ground behind you. do you have any insight as to where the fist might be, and could we we expect to see its return for the 2013-2014 season?

thanks in advance.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm looking at gearing suggestions for 21.5 blindly. I run thunderpoercwith standard rotor on X-ray t4 with 73 spur and 39 pinion and temps of 65 degrees c in day. Timing at 40. Changing to torque rotor, thinking of starting at 74/38 fdr 3.71 timing 30. Running in heat of day so looking for good starting point so not to let the smoke out of the can. Appreciate any input.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussierevo
I'm looking at gearing suggestions for 21.5 blindly. I run thunderpoercwith standard rotor on X-ray t4 with 73 spur and 39 pinion and temps of 65 degrees c in day. Timing at 40. Changing to torque rotor, thinking of starting at 74/38 fdr 3.71 timing 30. Running in heat of day so looking for good starting point so not to let the smoke out of the can. Appreciate any input.
Even though this is Paul's thread you should be good up to 82 degrees C so you could probably drop to a 3.6 fdr but I wouldn't run much more than the race time. Also on the higher turn motors you should keep the timing up pretty high to help get the top end of the motor. Here in the US running 25.5 VTA I'm geared anywhere from 3.50 to 3.70 depending on track and the temp outside. Running maxed out timing on the can. If your extremely worried about temps I'd start at like a 3.65 run it for length of your race and temp it and adjust from there.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Paul. will you be bringing product to sell at the IIC??

Nick K
Old 09-27-2013, 03:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fladust
Even though this is Paul's thread you should be good up to 82 degrees C so you could probably drop to a 3.6 fdr but I wouldn't run much more than the race time. Also on the higher turn motors you should keep the timing up pretty high to help get the top end of the motor. Here in the US running 25.5 VTA I'm geared anywhere from 3.50 to 3.70 depending on track and the temp outside. Running maxed out timing on the can. If your extremely worried about temps I'd start at like a 3.65 run it for length of your race and temp it and adjust from there.
thanks for the input. i got a chance to give it a go starting at 3.71 with 30 degrees and the car was very slow. Got down to 3.56 with 40 degrees timing and motor temp was pretty low at around 50 degrees c at midday but it was still about 0.40s a lap off the pace.

i'll try cranking the timing up to see how it goes. hopefully that helps
Old 09-29-2013, 08:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

hi paul- not sure were you came up w/ the LGC -- but i used it for the first time to spray our straightaway at horsham to build traction compound. after two previous sprays of our usual traction compound i said why not try LGC -- and boy did it make a difference. LGC really brought up the grip.... as if we had 4x the amount of people in the building. guys improved their times by 0.1 to 0.2s in rubber tire.

i cannot wait to try it directly applied to my tires. i guess i can dream. cya at iic...
Old 09-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

^ Hey Mike, what were yall spraying with before?
Old 09-29-2013, 08:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
^ Hey Mike, what were yall spraying with before?
well.. if i had it, it would of used traction action previously -- but i was all out. in the two weeks prior we had been using SXT 3.0 and it was great, but today we didn't have the temperature/humidity or body count in the building.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by al dente
Paul, last year at IIC, several people witnessed you going to your room with a large rubber hanging out of your bag, and dragging on the ground behind you. do you have any insight as to where the fist might be, and could we we expect to see its return for the 2013-2014 season?

thanks in advance.
Hi Ficco!, I wish i knew more. Maybe it will make a triumphant return in vegas.

Originally Posted by Fladust
Thanks for throwing that out their

Originally Posted by Phoenix82
Hi Paul. will you be bringing product to sell at the IIC??

Nick K
I will likely bring some stuff to put in the hobby shop. Thanks!

Originally Posted by aussierevo
thanks for the input. i got a chance to give it a go starting at 3.71 with 30 degrees and the car was very slow. Got down to 3.56 with 40 degrees timing and motor temp was pretty low at around 50 degrees c at midday but it was still about 0.40s a lap off the pace.

i'll try cranking the timing up to see how it goes. hopefully that helps
Hi, If the temp is still not a issue i would try going up one more tooth and try a green rotor, this with a bit higher timing should bring the motor alive.

Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by hanulec
hi paul- not sure were you came up w/ the LGC -- but i used it for the first time to spray our straightaway at horsham to build traction compound. after two previous sprays of our usual traction compound i said why not try LGC -- and boy did it make a difference. LGC really brought up the grip.... as if we had 4x the amount of people in the building. guys improved their times by 0.1 to 0.2s in rubber tire.

i cannot wait to try it directly applied to my tires. i guess i can dream. cya at iic...
Hi Mike, Im glad that its working so well for you! I never tested it on the straight to bring up grip but that is awesome that it worked well. Thanks for the feedback and the support with all the product!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.