Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho V-ONE RRR Shimo Edtion >

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Shimo Edtion

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Shimo Edtion

Old 07-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Cool shock rebuild kit

Is there a shock rebuild kit for shimo's coated shocks. The part # in the exploded view shows part 126 x2 shock cap-mount to be W5106 which I ordered. they were actually for the old style rrr shock bodies/caps.in the manual is shows the W5106 to be the exploded parts #118 x2 they fit my rrr's evo fine, but wont snug up when I put the collar on. I tried the old blue collars on my new shocks, and still, they don't match up. Any Clues. I don't think they listed parts for the new shocks. thanks..
Old 07-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Talking "car ram-rod"

Originally Posted by kyosho_ken
Is there a shock rebuild kit for shimo's coated shocks. The part # in the exploded view shows part 126 x2 shock cap-mount to be W5106 which I ordered. they were actually for the old style rrr shock bodies/caps.in the manual is shows the W5106 to be the exploded parts #118 x2 they fit my rrr's evo fine, but wont snug up when I put the collar on. I tried the old blue collars on my new shocks, and still, they don't match up. Any Clues. I don't think they listed parts for the new shocks. thanks..
http://www.allmoviephoto.com/photo/2...s_001_big.html

Last edited by kyosho_ken; 07-31-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

hello,
news in car the bertin and shimo.

http://www.redrc.net/

Luciano Assis
Old 07-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

wow, i like the top deck designed.. and going back to laydown throttle.

also where is the receiver mounted?

looks good.. but still big diffs!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
wow, i like the top deck designed.. and going back to laydown throttle.

also where is the receiver mounted?

looks good.. but still big diffs!!!
Between fuel tank & pipe
Old 07-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

intresting.

the sirio clutch also looks intresting.

and the dls system on the serpent.. thinking of designing one for the rrr to test.

Last edited by LiL_JaSoN; 07-28-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Default shimo

hi-rez image here - thanks to kyoshoblog.de
Old 07-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

The tires seems a bit different..is it ? or maybe there's something wrong with my eyes..kekeke..

Last edited by kest; 07-30-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Top Deck

Where can you find that top deck??
Old 07-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kest
The tires seems a bit different..is it ? or maybe there's something wrong with my eyes..kekeke..
Shimo´s used to putting those plastic rims if he´s setting up the car etc. like this one(old pic) here from 2009 in keitune

Old 07-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
intresting.

the sirio clutch also looks intresting.

and the dls system on the serpent.. thinking of designing one for the rrr to test.
only the car with the white wheels is new, the other car even has our bumper (which I have yet to figure out why they molded a new bumper with that raised section unless maybe it funnels air from below? or is it a fw06 thing maybe?) one of those pictures clearly shows him using a regulator so you can assume lipo for weight and the receiver on the pipe side with the antenna.

those front tires have lexan discs, the serpent guys were trying them as well. supposedly you get more steering with disc wheels on the front at least.

the laydown servo was always a good design, originally at the track i thought that was a cut top deck but it is certainly entirely new. i think it is worth testing even with a cut evo2 deck if they don't release it, shimos car really had a lot more steering than rrr's previously.

its funny, he has a ton of new parts yet has not done much when it comes to what we have felt to be the major fault in the car. the drivetrain on his car is completely stock although the shaft itself and 2 speed are potentially different.

i talked to toso about the dls system. the way he saw it, some serpent drivers were doing well and some were not so he stayed stock. supposedly it plants the rear of the car and gives more turn-in.

everything about this setup is to get more initial steering basically.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
only the car with the white wheels is new, the other car even has our bumper (which I have yet to figure out why they molded a new bumper with that raised section unless maybe it funnels air from below? or is it a fw06 thing maybe?) one of those pictures clearly shows him using a regulator so you can assume lipo for weight and the receiver on the pipe side with the antenna.

those front tires have lexan discs, the serpent guys were trying them as well. supposedly you get more steering with disc wheels on the front at least.

the laydown servo was always a good design, originally at the track i thought that was a cut top deck but it is certainly entirely new. i think it is worth testing even with a cut evo2 deck if they don't release it, shimos car really had a lot more steering than rrr's previously.

its funny, he has a ton of new parts yet has not done much when it comes to what we have felt to be the major fault in the car. the drivetrain on his car is completely stock although the shaft itself and 2 speed are potentially different.

i talked to toso about the dls system. the way he saw it, some serpent drivers were doing well and some were not so he stayed stock. supposedly it plants the rear of the car and gives more turn-in.

everything about this setup is to get more initial steering basically.
i have always kept the laydown servo on my rrr, until i switched to the capricorn top-plate.

the bumper, maybe for airflow.. or just looks

i like the idea of the 2 piece chassis.. im thinking of hacking my top plate, but then there is no going back.. plus i have the last capricorn top plate, which i dont want to destroy. i wonder if they are going to release that top plate.

other than topplate + clutch, his car looks stock.. even stock turnbuckles, pivot balls, screws, etc (not even the option titanium ones)..

and yet his placing 2nd... but would be good to see more kyosho.. seems like his the only guy running kyosho in the top20.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

GO KYOSHO
Old 07-31-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Cool Shimo rear shock tower

yeah, kyosho rocks

Last edited by kyosho_ken; 08-07-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys, quick question for anyone who knows.

What`s the difference between the regular rear hubs and the sr rear hubs?
Thanks guys

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.