Search

To ROAR Fixed Timing On Stock Brushless Motors

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

I dont think ROAR will change anything by the info in this thread
Old 12-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

The cost is in the materials. The cost of the rotor alone is about the same as an entire brushed stock motor.

Stock/Superstock motors should be less expensive.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie

Team Checkpoint 17.5, $79.99...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWTV9&P=ML

(I was thinking about trying one of these...)
Don't! lol

They are making a but load off of this motor because they know what we will pay for it. Trust me I know, they are getting there 60% mark up and the Dealer only gets about 20%. And we the customer pays 79.99 for a motor that costs the manufacture about 20.00 if not less.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gijoe64
Don't! lol

They are making a but load off of this motor because they know what we will pay for it. Trust me I know, they are getting there 60% mark up and the Dealer only gets about 20%. And we the customer pays 79.99 for a motor that costs the manufacture about 20.00 if not less.
a $20 motor with the mark-ups you gave would be $38.40. So I guess I don't trust you.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
This concept is so simple but not realistic. Mod will always be too fast while racers strive to make the stock classes faster and faster. I could release a 13.5 system that was as fast and mod and I doubt anyone would complain about the speed.

Where does today's 13.5 compare to modified in the past? I would not be surprised if those that thought mod was too fast 3-4 years ago are racing those same speeds today but with 13.5 motors.

Rick Mod is not too fast , rather its the fastest class....

Mod the class where the most skilled and experience racers belong...

Stock is suppose to be slower because it a entree level class for the beginners..

And

When I see a racer like you or like Barry B win a 13.5 class ?

And I don't care how big the event is ...

I just want to throw up ...

So don't tell me Mod is to fast...

Because Mod it is all based on experience, not the motor's speed ....

The system works just find in off-road, thank god.....
Old 12-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

As I see it in a 17.5 class it's more about the ESC than the motor.

There are a couple of ESC's out that are must haves to go fast.

I witnessed a couple of guys utilizing their ESC's to the max and burned up a couple of motors to be on top. Their comment was, "Hey, thats the price of going fast".

To me, that's the price of killing a class (RCGT in particular)

Stock class now is about how far you can go before burning things up. (More gearing, more voltage, more timing, now more boost from the ESC) Of course driving plays a big roll but not nearly what the advantage of these ESC's make.

Mod was always about driver skill, set up and batteries. Now with Lipo, its back to drivers and their set up.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

stock has always been about how far you can go....that's how you go faster than the next guy who has the same stuff

how quickly we forget about searching for the nicd/nimh with .001 more volts

and serrating brushes that only last one run

and cutting comms every run

and zapping magnets every race

and breaking in the bushings

and always gearing up gearing up

it is called RACING not going as slow as possible
Old 12-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

ROAR should change the stock rules to whatever equipment *I* am currently using. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie

Team Checkpoint 17.5, $79.99...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWTV9&P=ML

(I was thinking about trying one of these...)

30 day warrenty??????????

I gotta get like a half a dozen of these!!!

The way I OVERGEAR my stuff I burn up a motor every heat!!!

WTH??
ya want ta run 'spec' racing??? run VTA!!!

GEESH!!!`
yeah now lets go back to locked timing BRUSHED motors,
Hey I got SEVERAL dynos/Lathes/ 1,000's of brushes/spd cntrls ect ect for ya
CHEAP!!!!

get real

Hey everybody slow down, the object isn't to go fast or win but how much $$ you DON"T spend to get there LOL!!!

This is by FAR the dumbest thread I've seen for at least 10 minutes

now back to your normal dumb ???

Rant Off [for now]

Speedy [old but still funny after ALL these years]
Old 12-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Ha ha... Speedy Bill, you rule!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedybill
30 day warrenty??????????

I gotta get like a half a dozen of these!!!

The way I OVERGEAR my stuff I burn up a motor every heat!!!

WTH??
ya want ta run 'spec' racing??? run VTA!!!

GEESH!!!`
yeah now lets go back to locked timing BRUSHED motors,
Hey I got SEVERAL dynos/Lathes/ 1,000's of brushes/spd cntrls ect ect for ya
CHEAP!!!!

get real

Hey everybody slow down, the object isn't to go fast or win but how much $$ you DON"T spend to get there LOL!!!

This is by FAR the dumbest thread I've seen for at least 10 minutes

now back to your normal dumb ???

Rant Off [for now]

Speedy [old but still funny after ALL these years]
You just don't want us to slow down, after all if I slow down I might not break as much. If I don't break as much I won't contribute to your grandkids college tuition as much.

I see how you are!!! Now, how can I go faster??? I want to make even more noise when I hit that damn chikane on turn one!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

haha this is awesome!!!!
stock, super stock, mega stock,partial stock..whatever you call it, it sells more than modified thats why fast guys run it.
they have been doing it for years even with fixed timing and now with adjustable timing... fast guys tend to run what sells, and if your wondering it will be like that in 2010 also..
and heres a psychic update I am going to go out on a limb and predict the same for 2011 also..
but more obvious I will even bet somewhere along the lines of this thread evenually dieing and another one starting up with a couple guys complaining
of who should run what and their answer to r/c onroad racing...
take care guys

WHATS UP SPEEDY!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

OH YEAH ONE MORE THING!!!!!
about price???? if you dont like it dont buy it, if you cant afford it dont buy it,or get fast enough to where you dont have to buy it!
I think its something to think a stock motor used to cost 40 bucks and now its 80 bucks but last 3 times longer...... doesnt make alot of sense for people to complain but OK
all the technology and research that has gone into r/c and the price hasnt inflated enough IMO.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I can see this will never solve the problem, will never end, and will never happen.....especially fixed timing, just like the old 27T period, they are all fixed timing, but are they all the same speed/performance..? HARDLY. (I remember some 27T can rip like a 19T motor just someone knows how to "WORK" on it...)

Silver can motor are fixed timing too...and are they all the same...? Hardly..

Getting ROAR involved on this issue is really a waste of time....ppl should have their local track or the race event director to create their own RULE like Novak race or TCS and let ppl decided they want to follow the rule or stay home...let them choose.

Now...if ppl want true SPEC...it should be open chassis with open options. With limited weight, body height and the usual stuff. Then...only 1 brand of speedo like NOVAK GTB (listing model number)...1 brand (listing model number) of 13.5 motor (like the new Speed Passion SPORTMAN with fixed timing 13.5). Then 1 brand of LIPO (like IB 5000 or whatever). Then have ROAR or the track over USA to enforce it like USVTA does. That will be PERFECT.

However......that is JUST A DREAM. For those whos invested on the non-GTB speedo, non-speed passion 13.5 and non-IB lipo will complain about the rule...it will never happen, and will never work...and ppl will eventually dropped RC and spend their hard earning money on something else.

Right now....I really don't see the problem on adjustable timing, unlimited timing, turbo, supercharged speedo and $110 lipo....racing is ALWAYS about money too. You don't see F1 team using a 2007 chassis to compete in 2009. I just don't want to see any club, or ROAR, creating more and more classes/rules for ppl to follow. You spend whatever you can afford to race...if you are following the greatest the latest equipment on RC, then you have to pay, just like buying ANYTHING in the universe.

I know there is 1 rule at least ROAR did not enforce...."You must use the factory driver's speedo, motor and batteries in order to joint the super stock class"............
Old 12-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

The funny thing is the people who want "spec" and everything to be the "same" are probably the same people sitting in their work rooms water dipping motors, polishing bushings, etc. They just want everyone ELSE to be equal.

Just have fun racing your toy cars. When you stop comparing yourself to others and just worry about improving your own times you will be amazed how much closer to the fast guys you get. All without spending anymore money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.