Wiki Posts
Search

Broken axle on a mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Broken axle on a mugen MBX6

I was wondering if anybody has had a problem breaking axles. Here is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails Broken axle on a mugen MBX6-mug.jpg  
Old 12-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigde2001
I was wondering if anybody has had a problem breaking axles. Here is a picture.
Wow! I have seen it happen but only once or twice. Those axles and bones look pretty much brand new.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Was it cold when they broke, I personaly broke one last week at a indoor race, where the temps were in the 40s inside the building, and race after me another person had same issue. both were mbx6 with steel axles. I have been running this car for over a year, and its the first part Ive broken.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpz_67
Wow! I have seen it happen but only once or twice. Those axles and bones look pretty much brand new.
Yes they were brand new. I was in my 3rd quaifier. I arrived at the track late with a brand new car and I did not have time to practice. It was around 45 degrees.

This is the odd part I broke both of them in the same collision. It was the right front and rear and the car did not even turn over. I was following a guy over a large triple on a red clay track and he came up short. The guy reved his car because he had cased the jump and my right wheels landed on top of he left wheels. Next thing I see is my wheels roll off and neither one of us even wrecked. No broken parts other than the axles and the outer bearing was still attached to the axle and wheel hub which was still mounted to the wheel.

Im wondering if I possibly twisted the in half.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

same exact thing happened to my mbx5 prospec and it was also in colder temperature about 40-50 degrees, I then put on some sportwerks cvds from a turmoil and they fit perfect, they had the boots on them too, they were also half the price.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SVTHOSER
same exact thing happened to my mbx5 prospec and it was also in colder temperature about 40-50 degrees, I then put on some sportwerks cvds from a turmoil and they fit perfect, they had the boots on them too, they were also half the price.
I think the temps must of had the plastics real stiff, steel shouldn't be much more brittle at 40 than 80 ,less flex in all the plastics including the rims is more likely . Cvd could be a little tighter @ 40. I've read almost every page of the mbx6 thread think it showed up once . I onced asked a manufacture if something should of broke the looked at said no replaced no questions. Andy Brown "MAC 21 crank pin" new crank, rod,bearings. Great engine modder as well not sure if he's doing car motors at the moment though.