Search

hotbodies d8 yes or no

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Prophet

just keep the axles lubed and check for ware after u done so many races
Old 12-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=blktransam;6708546]to say they never seen a D8 finish a race is pretty funny, I have been breaking rear CVDs since going inside (with more traction then outdoors). I bought the WCE version this last weekend and will be runing them tomarrow so we will see what happends...[/QUOte
wat do u mean by funny u mean true
Old 12-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Bought my d8 when it first came out. broken parts to date one rear a arm ,rear shock tower,servo arm,one drive shaft. Customer sevice send out four updated ones and no problem over a year. One more breakage was one front bulkhead, my fault incorrect screws installed in lower hinge pin hold very happy with a 300 bills car. No after market part installed and I'll keep it that way .What works well don't fix it.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by v6shooter
Bought my d8 when it first came out. broken parts to date one rear a arm ,rear shock tower,servo arm,one drive shaft. Customer sevice send out four updated ones and no problem over a year. One more breakage was one front bulkhead, my fault incorrect screws installed in lower hinge pin hold very happy with a 300 bills car. No after market part installed and I'll keep it that way .What works well don't fix it.
so it breaks alot
Old 12-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

kause if it breaks aloot them i am not sure about it
Old 12-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

i have been driving mine for over 2 months the only i have brock was one of the old shock towers and i talked to HB and they sent me one of the new ones no problems other than that the car is just as durable as any other that i have driven.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

you know what just go with the Z car...its going to be over a month before you even buy one anyways u will change your mind 100 times, what do you expect for 300.00?!?!? it you break 200.00 in parts u are still cheaper then a new mbx6/losi....if you can drive worth a damn then breaking shouldnt be a issue only thing I have broken is 3 rear cvd drave shafts but this was ONLY when indoor season started with ALOT more traction then outdoors. hopefully the WCE version hold up which I think they will.

go with whatever car makes you feel all weird inside lol..
Old 12-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

I race at least four to five time a month.No mater what car u get it will break at some point or time.It's just insane if u dont think it will not. These buggy take alot of abuse and the 1/8 scale class is not cheap figure tires,fuel,wear,maintance, engine, etc. If u are not going to do this whole hearterly then maybe u should find a other class to race. If u dont break something at one point of time then u are not driving fast enough. i'm no jesse robbers
Old 12-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBuc
It's World not word No way that World Champion buggy was the same kit you by in the store....was told that directly by Jared Tebo
LMAO OMG thats funny.... I actually pitted (wrenching for Billy Easton) in the proline container last year at the worlds in NC and to say that Tebos Odonnell car was not the car you buy in the store would be an understatement..... The Kyosho car he runs might be better, but they have things they change out/upgrades.

Every car has some tidbit your better off modding or replacing..... show me one that's not.

I looked at Hara's car in my hands after the semi's and final, All I could see was he ran different was the taller rear tower (lightning parts back than, now its production) longer rear shocks, titanium stuff and some of the WCE parts....... All of which is now available.

So you can start with a $700 kit or a $300 kit, both are capable, but is the driver? This discusion can go on for days....

HB had 4 cars in the final
AE had 2
Kyosho had 1
Losi had 1
Mugen had 1
Odonnell had 1
Jammin had 1
Hobao had 1