Wiki Posts
Search

truggy wing? poll

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default truggy wing? poll

i am in a toss up here. i have a hotbodies lightning stadium truggy truck. it comes with both rear wing options. the one that mounts right at the end of the bed and the " buggy style" that hangs off the back of it. i mounted the buggy style on it tonight and took off the end of the bed one. they both look good. so here is my situation. WHICH ONE TO GO WITH???? i am leaning towards the buggy style because i would think in a flip over situation it would pervide a better protection, but at the same time i do not want to alter the look of the truck. so basicaly what do you guys run mainly? kinda taking a poll here.lol
Old 12-08-2009, 02:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Buggy Why? Because everytime I turn marshal them I go to my 1/1 bleeding. You guys need to work on CONTROL.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

The buggy style allows the wing to actually work like it's suppose to and put some downforce on the back wheels. If the wing is sittingright on the body it doesn't catch as much air and doesn't work as well. That's why the newer truggys all have lower truck bed like bodies it allowsthe wingto work and helps with handeling.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Frank L
The buggy style allows the wing to actually work like it's suppose to and put some downforce on the back wheels. If the wing is sittingright on the body it doesn't catch as much air and doesn't work as well. That's why the newer truggys all have lower truck bed like bodies it allowsthe wingto work and helps with handeling.

what would i need to do to get the 2.0 eight -t body to fit the eight-t 1.0
Old 12-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

the wing does sit up a little higher then the bed wing. but not much. however it is adjustable to a sertain point
Old 12-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KEEFFIE
the wing does sit up a little higher then the bed wing. but not much. however it is adjustable to a sertain point
everybodys going buggy style with the wings. you get the adjust ability, and its more purposeful.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

I would go with the ofna high down force wing. It's more durable than the proline version.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

i will look into that. as it sits now i just have a xray XB8 wing on it to see how it would look. thanks everyone for there info and suggestions on this. keep it coming.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
what would i need to do to get the 2.0 eight -t body to fit the eight-t 1.0
Lower the rear mount posts on the shockk tower and I think thats about it. You may have to trim the body a ;little extra to get it to fit on the 1.0 but I know it can be done. Maybe ask in the 8T 2.0 thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...2-0-a-348.html
Old 12-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Frank L
Lower the rear mount posts on the shockk tower and I think thats about it. You may have to trim the body a ;little extra to get it to fit on the 1.0 but I know it can be done. Maybe ask in the 8T 2.0 thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...2-0-a-348.html

oh ok sounds easy i did ask in the 8t.20 a butch of times i dint get a answer lol.