Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray NT1R

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

That car i think if you pair it with a JLR is a good deal under 500$ to get into
racing track to be competitive and kicking some %^&...
Is perfect cause it comes with quality of NT1 and HUDY...
Old 01-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default NT1R Clutch

Does this kit include the centex the same as the standard NT1?
Old 01-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Actually has to be the same as the NT1.

Engine & Clutch
• Aluminum engine mount
• Swiss 7075 T6 hardcoated flywheel
• Easily-adjustable 3-shoe XCA (XRAY Centrifugal-axial) clutch
• 1-piece pressure plate manufactured from specially-developed material for positive engagement
• Clutch nut and preload adjustment collar manufactured from special HUDY Spring Steel™ for maximum lifespan and durability
• Ultra-lightweight precision support plate and spring cup manufactured from high-tensile 7075 T6 aluminum
• Clutchbell manufactured from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum and hard anodized for enhanced lifespan
• Clutchbell / pinion gear construction allows super-precise assembly
• Swiss 7075 T6 machined pinion gears have individually-machined teeth from a high-precision gear production machine, then specially hardcoated for maximum life
• Carbide axial thrust bearing and high-tensile spring included
• Robust spring-mounted exhaust mounting system
Old 01-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by staikosn1
Actually has to be the same as the NT1.

Engine & Clutch
• Aluminum engine mount
• Swiss 7075 T6 hardcoated flywheel
• Easily-adjustable 3-shoe XCA (XRAY Centrifugal-axial) clutch
• 1-piece pressure plate manufactured from specially-developed material for positive engagement
• Clutch nut and preload adjustment collar manufactured from special HUDY Spring Steel™ for maximum lifespan and durability
• Ultra-lightweight precision support plate and spring cup manufactured from high-tensile 7075 T6 aluminum
• Clutchbell manufactured from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum and hard anodized for enhanced lifespan
• Clutchbell / pinion gear construction allows super-precise assembly
• Swiss 7075 T6 machined pinion gears have individually-machined teeth from a high-precision gear production machine, then specially hardcoated for maximum life
• Carbide axial thrust bearing and high-tensile spring included
• Robust spring-mounted exhaust mounting system
Thanks i was unable to find out this information on the Xray site!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Fellas,

I decided to buy one of these instead of the full-blown NT1 to try out to see if I like the Xray enough to make the switch (from Mugen). Like all other Xray vehicles, the fit and finish were fantastic. I will say that you have to be careful screwing in the pivot ball retainers into the front and rear blocks. It is very easy to cross thread them. Also, this kit does not come with the front sway bar but comes with the rear. Get the front sway bar!! It also comes with dogbones instead of CVDs but was told that you will probably need to get just the front CVDs later (bones will do until you start spitting them in crashes). It also comes with plastic body shocks and not the aluminum ones. But, in talking to a few sponsored Xray drivers, they say that you don't necessarily need the aluminum body ones (a few of them use the plastic body shock believe it or not). With the plastic and composite pieces, this car with electronics, body, and tires does not have issues of making weight like the full-blown option kit (mine came in at 1780g so I can do a couple of upgrades to shave some weight). Can't wait to hit the track with it.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Take it from a die hard serpent driver,you will never look back. A lot of my fellow drivers kept telling me to switch and after fighting it I changed and it was a very very good move,and the support is unmatched and parts all I can say you really get what you pay for,now there's lots of after market parts but I found xray parts are the best in the long run.Cool runnings my friend.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Got a chance to run my NT1R at the Beat the Heat race held in Memphis, TN by the MSRA club on 7/10/10 and 7/11/10. With an older blue-head OS .12tz, it was almost as fast as this sponsored guy's Mugen MTX-4R with his Novarossi 353 modded engine. It still needs a little more work but outside of a couple of easily fixable issues (mainly locktiting a couple of screws in a couple of places), the car was money. I was thoroughly impressed and the Mugen will be bumped to backup status come the next onroad nitro race I attend.