Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The motor that could change RC, or save it. >

The motor that could change RC, or save it.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The motor that could change RC, or save it.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by RX-9
Agreed, right now HW dominates the low cost BL systems category. They're darn reliable too and are programmable. If anything their low cost "380" motors are more likely to become the next entry level standard. Funny but you could probably replace that Novak Ballistic with HW's 32T 1200kv motor which btw only costs $25.

$100 motors are not going to bring in more people, it's going to scare them away.
Agreed. SImple Put. We dont need power with a 25.5.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
That works fine until $45 tuned silvercans are introduced.
That is exactly what I was reffering to in my previous post. This problem keeps cropping up over and over because people do not seem to understand the point of a control motor is to keep racing even. There's no point joining such a class and then trying to modify your motor to make you faster. You need to make yourself faster with the motor as it is. People who start picking at the regulations to find how far they can go before they overstep the mark are doing no favour to the class, the race or themselves. Tuning silvercans is just silly and as I said before, it is for insecure drivers. If you have the talent, you can be good with the silvercan as it is, and if you need a "trick" silvercan to win then perhaps you're just not good enough and your delusions of grandeur will be blown away when you'll get beaten by a good driver with a crap silvercan.

But I am sure BL can be a solution (just as long as people won't start hacking the software) when the price is going to come down enough that you get a good system included in a cheap/basic kit. At the moment as it was already pointed out on numerous threads, silvercans are basically given away with ESCs and you can't beat that. Some people still have to wrap their mind around it, but that's their problem.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

there already here and there $50.00
Old 11-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Novak posted that the 25.5 wiinding (or whatever it's called) is just $33 for racers who already own a Ballistic motor, just FYI.

I believe that this could be good for the slower classes once someone, anyone, proves that a 25.5 puts down similar laps to the silver cans. There's just one problem....silvercan racing is largely (not solely) supported by Tamiya. If they had debuted a 25.5, we'd be talking about how Tamiya stepped up the TCS into modern times. Instead, we're discussing a Novak motor with no current class structure to support it. VTA might be a good fit for some tracks, open chassis F1 may be a good fit, 4WD Mini classes could benefit from this motor......we just need to get out there and see where this little guy fits into our cranky little world.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
There is a whole new learning curve with brushless motors and the ESC programs that run them. That is where the frustration is coming from that I see.
+1.

The words technical and frustration do not inspire the newcomers to win, or do well in their racing, or in some cases, not bother to race at all.

I do think when someone sets out in racing for the first time, the simpler it needs to be for them. Not everyone needs the all singing and dancing, bells and whistles stuff to get going. Speed is nothing without control.

But it's already out there to intimidate them, and that is part of the reason why on road is dying in some areas - but racing is growing in popularity in the cheaper, simpler classes such as the mo3 mini chassis.

Being able to relate to a car you see on the street with basic, regulated equipment is where the fun is at for some.

My local club has seen a wide range of people come into this class, and seen it grow well...

Im not saying expensive equipment does not have a place in r/c, but the cheaper it is, the more available it is for everyone.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Company Representative

We added our 25.5T Ballistic wound stator because we had requests for it; this way customers/race directors can test 25.5T motors and decide whether they would be appropriate for races or series they wish to promote. The Ballistic can be employed as a testing platform for these different winds.

We are not dictating, or suggesting that this motor replace existing equipment; it will simply be an additional option.

If event sponsors/track owners decide to adopt 25.5T racing, we could then offer a $140.00 to 150.00 sensored system, featuring our SS Pro motors configured w/25.5T hand-wound stators. This would be a more affordable option. We also maintain a comprehensive Replacement Options Service program and offer a complete line of accessories and service parts as after-sale support for our customers.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by skypilot
there already here and there $50.00
45~50 bucks? Where did U find that? Link?
Old 11-27-2009, 04:06 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

if u wanna go fast in 540 racing, u need a red dot motor. courtesy of the 'doc'. 45bux to start. 1st come 1st serve. 1st come 1st, others get served.

R
Old 11-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

The Tamiya Sports Tuned motor is a tuned silver can and they can be gotton for under 20 bucks.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
if u wanna go fast in 540 racing, u need a red dot motor. courtesy of the 'doc'. 45bux to start. 1st come 1st serve. 1st come 1st, others get served.

R
That's what I'm referring to. I don't like it one bit, no offense to the guy building them.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
The Tamiya Sports Tuned motor is a tuned silver can and they can be gotton for under 20 bucks.
you can get them for 14 bucks, but the really really fast ones are 45-50 as mentioned
Old 11-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

and handout silvercan's solves that issue pretty quickly...
Old 11-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1101
and handout silvercan's solves that issue pretty quickly...
Just ask what can be done with a neo magnet in your pocket...
Old 11-28-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
you can get them for 14 bucks, but the really really fast ones are 45-50 as mentioned
Which really really fast ones? I'm unsure which one you are talking about. Do you have a link.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default mini and f1 racing

The best solution for f1 and mini is the ezrun 13t system. Costs $65 complete from ebay shipped and comes with an esc, motor, and programming card. That is the only true equal and cost controlled racing option.

With it and gearing restrictions, everyone is equal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.