Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Main differences between lrp spx and sxx. >

Main differences between lrp spx and sxx.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Main differences between lrp spx and sxx.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile Main differences between lrp spx and sxx.

Hi,I normally use an lrp sphere tc spec in 10.5 spec class. I need to know from you,guys,which are the main differences between my tc spec,spx stock spec and sxx. Do the last two have the boost? And which is the most suitable for a 10.5 motor? Tnx in advance,Paul
Old 11-23-2009, 02:04 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bazspencer
Hi,I normally use an lrp sphere tc spec in 10.5 spec class. I need to know from you,guys,which are the main differences between my tc spec,spx stock spec and sxx. Do the last two have the boost? And which is the most suitable for a 10.5 motor? Tnx in advance,Paul
TC Spec you already have so not much to say. Old standard for mod

SPX Stock Spec; Can run mod and stock but mostly aimmed at Stock racing has timing boost built in.

SXX; Built specifically for mod racing, profiles re-tuned to give more adjustments and better cooling than the TC Spec. Can run stock motors but does not have the same level of timing that the SPX has.

If you are running in 10.5t you are right between choices of speed controls. I would ask what is your second option class? Mod or 13.5t? If it is 13.5t I would choose the SPX. If your answer is mod I would choose the SXX.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
TC Spec you already have so not much to say. Old standard for mod

SPX Stock Spec; Can run mod and stock but mostly aimmed at Stock racing has timing boost built in.

SXX; Built specifically for mod racing, profiles re-tuned to give more adjustments and better cooling than the TC Spec. Can run stock motors but does not have the same level of timing that the SPX has.

If you are running in 10.5t you are right between choices of speed controls. I would ask what is your second option class? Mod or 13.5t? If it is 13.5t I would choose the SPX. If your answer is mod I would choose the SXX.
Sean,
After reading the instructions on the new X12 Stock Spec 17.5 motor, and seeing they do not recommend using timing settings on SPX of 7 or 8, would the SXX Competition speedo have enough timing settings to work now?
Thanks.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'm going to say, all they changed is software, like what you could do yourself if you owned a tekin, not pay another $200 for another software update

prove that statement wrong
Old 11-24-2009, 03:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
Sean,
After reading the instructions on the new X12 Stock Spec 17.5 motor, and seeing they do not recommend using timing settings on SPX of 7 or 8, would the SXX Competition speedo have enough timing settings to work now?
Thanks.
FYI, LRP has announced the SXX Stock Spec (for stock classes) to be released soon ...

http://www.lrp.cc/en/news/news/produ...ews/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=4031&tx_ttnews[backPid]=652&cHash=ba6f6c963f

The Link does not seem to work OK so here is a copy of the text:

LRP Column / November 2009
2009-10-20

The winter season is just getting started and LRP is ready for all you stock drivers and fans. LRP has developed new and exciting products for the stock brushless racers with the SXX StockSpec speed-control and the Vector X12 StockSpec motor which promise to raise your racing pulse!

2nd out of our new StockSpec line will be our new SXX StockSpec speed control. This is a complete new, uncompromising, design which carries only few genes from it’s predecessors! While its easy to identify that the new SXX StockSpec shares the platform with the Worlds winning SXX TC spec, its internals are a complete re-design with the requests of the stocker racers in mind.

Many new and exciting features were designed by my engineers and we went through multiple hard- and software updates during the long development phase, we clearly took our time and this will result that the SXX StockSpec will set another benchmark in brushless stock racing!
To explain the idea of the development of the SXX StockSpec speed control, it’s important to understand the stock racing scene as a whole worldwide. To develop a product aimed specific to the stock class is today very difficult as the racing scene has changed significantly over the last 2 years. Today there are many brushless stock racing classes with different numbers of cells, different cell technologies, different number of turns and of course with different requirements for On- and Off-Road classes. Because of that, developing a specific stock spec speed control that is able to cover all those classes and rules is a massive challenge. Therefore I am extremely proud of my R&D team, that not only has developed a stock speed control that is able to lower your lap times significantly in the hugely competitive stock market, but also developed a speed control that is so flexible and adjustable that is able to be perfectly setup and be as optimal as possible for any kind of stock racing. The motor profiles are now separated in two independent mode’s, which we call ADPC Dualmax, with adjustments for “Feel” and “Boost”. This gives you the perfect flexibility, while still easy to set-up and understand, for all the different racing classes.

But that’s not all there is inside the SXX StockSpec…
The revolutionary and exclusive “TwinBEC” operates down to 3.0V which means that there is no need for a receiver pack with even 1S packs! It’s high-technology switching design works more efficiently at all input voltages which also results in lower working temperatures. The new Internal-Temp-Check-System 3 has been further optimised and now not only displays the speed controls maximum operation temperature but also the maximum temperature reached by the motor.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

now they just need to release it, ive been waiting to run, on that speedo...give it till end of month, than going bdiamond..or tekin
Old 11-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default tnx

Really thanks to all!! Now what I think to do is to buy an sxx stock spec,when will it be on the market?