Wiki Posts
Search

Louded Crash!!! Last night @ practice

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Loudest Crash!!! Last night @ practice

I would like to give Props to my friend and everybodies RCTech Super mojo tech guru Seaball for one of the loudest crashes I have ever heard!!

Yes-it was so loud that when he hit-the other 3 or 4 of us on the track all either stopped or were so scared we crashed ourselves!!!

Thank you Seaball!! YOu DA man!!!

Ray

Last edited by rayhuang; 02-27-2004 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

LOL, anyone else notice when another guy crashes it sometimes makes another person crash even though neither are really close to each other? It happens to me sometimes, me and another guy will be on a roll when he'll tap a board or hit a dot hard and it'll break my concentration causing the same.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

my problem is when i'm in the zone, in the lead, going for the tq, it happens, someone says, easy eric, keep it smooth, even though i just got about a inch sideways around a turn, then that breaks my concentration because someone said my name, then i crash, and can't get in a rythme again,lol.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Yeah that's the worst, it's like you want to put your radio down, break out the coffee maker and have a conversation. Another thing I notice more and more is that I'm tuning out the biotch on the other end of the AMB software calling lap times. Just gotta tune em all out like when you start to not seeing turnmarshalls

Last edited by webspinner; 02-27-2004 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hahahaha

i glanced at the first few words of the thread and moved on to the 415 thread. i thought, yeah, that sounds like last night, funny.

only to return, to read more, and to actually click and read the description of the post.

i think its fair to say that i hit that at around top speed, despite being on the "infield". that was the same corner that kept tearing up rblove on sunday. i was getting too comfortable through that high speed section.

fortunately for ciccarello, my car helicoptered through the air high enough for him to creep under unscathed.

sorry for the heart attacks... ray, joneser, chubs...but it's out of my system now.

here's to smooth sailing ahead...sure.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

a couple weeks ago, our amb system was going crazy, i was in the lead, but the comp. said i was 3rd, then i was 2nd, then 4th, the computer was missing laps, then counting laps, so i kept hearing different postions i was in, and i lost it, hitting everything, getting pissed off, yelling at the computer, and driving, it was too much, i should have won, since i wa sin the lead for 1/2 the race, but the computer said i never lead a lap!, i ended up getting points for 3rd
Old 02-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Last weekend @ SOCal, I saw two cars go heads up when someone jumped a board and lawn darted at another car. The one in the air got hit so hard in mid air his car litterally was launched 3 feet off the ground. The sound I'm sure was pretty close to seaball. I couldn't beleive both cars seemd to drive away too.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

heres the KISS OF DEATH!! EVerytime-

Your always qualifying at 22 laps-maybe 22 5:00 maybe 22 5:09, but still 22 fricken laps. been that way three bweekends in a row.

OH_OOOHHHHHH-you hear the announcer say those magic words- 3minutes down, 2 to go, Ray Huang is ona 23 5:05 pace..... POOOWWWW, CRaaasshhhhh, STUFFFFFFF-sit-wait for marshall for 5 seconds.

Announcer says, 4:30 down, 30 seconds to go-Ray Huang is on a 22 5:00 pace---whh-whhhaaattt???? NOT AGAIN!!!!

Ray
Old 02-28-2004, 05:19 AM
Regional Moderator

lol. I was racing at an FSEARA race at Minnreg about a year and a half ago and after practice, everyone had decided that there was two problem parts of the track where people kept launching off so the solution...Pit Tables! One just before you went onto the backstraight (Which the Speedline crew decorated in osama bin laden targets and had scoring cards to rate the crashes ) and the other at the end of the straight. Both got beat up pretty good, but during my main one of the guys I was racing with slammed into the table at the end and it sounded like a gun shot. lol. I was standing next to him and I asked him if his car was broken and it wasn't. He ended up beating me, too. It seemed like everyone in the building jumped when he hit and if you've ever been inside of Minnreg, you know that sound really carries in there.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i race at a track that is covered by a big roof, and the back wall is sheet metal, everytime someone hits it you just go ooohhhh.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:12 AM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Should make crash barriers out of the panelling they use for the bottom 1' of squash court walls...

What IS that stuff anyway??
Old 02-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Squash court? Don't even know what squash is other than a food.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

What is the worst thing that can MESSED you up in a race ?

FREAKING...........SOMEONE ......................

FARTED ................PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOT....PROOT..PROT..

IN THE FREAKING MIDDLE OF OF THE FREAKING RACE............

I THOUGTH THE RACE WAS OVER........it was freaking BAD.....i almost fainted from the "AIR UP THERE"

Old 02-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Initiate

About 4 years ago at a PRO10(1/0th Pan car to you) National, it was the top heat of the first round of qualifying. Dave Spashett was on a TQ run about 2 mins in when he hit the inside kerb on the entry to the sweeper and his car just took off!! He started laughing so hard at the site of his car flying that he put off the other drivers and the next 3 cars in sucession did exactly the same thing, it was like an aerobatics display. At that point the remaining drivers had to stop cos they just couldn't focus. Never before have I seen some of the best drivers in this country acting like such bufoons, comparing how far their cars went and what they had damaged. It was a relief to the rest of us there to see that these lot are only human after all.

//Stu
Old 02-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

RAGMAN:::::on't forget...this is just a HOBBY......you MUST have FUNNNNNNNNNNNN......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me ...this is my PROZAC......I use it to calm me down....not to stress me .......

So lets have some fun ............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.