Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats up with Carolina RC ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

they are a pretty good shop. Im not sure about their new shop b/c I haven't been there yet, but I know their old shop they had TONS of in-stock parts for many different makes (Associated, Mugen, Losi, Traxxas, Kyosho, etc.)

But yea I can't wait to try out the night racing at that new track. I doubt I will make it this Wed night race b/c my buggy is still dirty and I haven't washed it or looked over it yet. I like to look over it real good and see if anything is broken or loose.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Carolinas RC hobby shop and track are closing. Today is there last day for the hobby shop. And tonight is the last race at the property know to many as the Farm. It's a sad day for RC racers in the Charlotte area. Thank you Jon Martin for your efforts. The racers will surely miss CRC.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Prophet

so thier online shop is gone to be gone ?
Old 07-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I placed an order last night, and it shipped out today. Never a mention of the shop closing.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by braoue67
Carolinas RC hobby shop and track are closing. Today is there last day for the hobby shop. And tonight is the last race at the property know to many as the Farm. It's a sad day for RC racers in the Charlotte area. Thank you Jon Martin for your efforts. The racers will surely miss CRC.
they better ship out my product ive been waiting for
Old 07-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Cory Kerber
I placed an order last night, and it shipped out today. Never a mention of the shop closing.

im thinking that thier online shop, is a warehouse thats diffrent from thier hobby store.

cause it dint say anything about that on thier website .

if so it would suck but i hope i get my camber gauge.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc5 man
im thinking that thier online shop, is a warehouse thats diffrent from thier hobby store.

cause it dint say anything about that on thier website .

if so it would suck but i hope i get my camber gauge.
They look to be in liquidation mode. http://www.carolinasrcracers.com/for...s-rc-web-store
Old 07-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Arco
They look to be in liquidation mode. http://www.carolinasrcracers.com/for...s-rc-web-store

oh thats weird though they seem, like they got a lot business on thier online store ?

inless it was something diffrent from that ?
Old 07-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

They are now closed I am told.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc5 man
oh thats weird though they seem, like they got a lot business on thier online store ?

inless it was something diffrent from that ?
Take it from a guy in the industry, you have to do an enormous amount of volume to support the small profits of competing online. Take a look at what at what we sell stuff for; www.overdriverc.com and keep in mind that the more expensive items have a much smaller % of markup, so that leaves you with having to sell literately a ton of inexpensive stuff to make up for it....It's more a labor of love than anything else, unless you're a giant in the industry.

Carolina R/C has always been a stand up place and I'm sure you will get your camber gauge.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Arco
Take it from a guy in the industry, you have to do an enormous amount of volume to support the small profits of competing online. Take a look at what at what we sell stuff for; www.overdriverc.com and keep in mind that the more expensive items have a much smaller % of markup, so that leaves you with having to sell literately a ton of inexpensive stuff to make up for it....It's more a labor of love than anything else, unless you're a giant in the industry.

Carolina R/C has always been a stand up place and I'm sure you will get your camber gauge.

oh i see yea i checked out your , website i might buy some stuff from you.

so im guessing the giant online hobby stores are tower, stormer, horizon ?

to me though the bigger ones can, get expensive thats why i like the smaller stores.

so if you sell more expensive things you make less ?
Old 07-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

He is shutting the store and tracks down, as of today they are no more. He is going to keep the online store going, and I think this will be a good thing.

For years CRC has had everything you ever wanted, but the last 3 years JON stuck his neck out bigtime for the local racers. He went from a small location to a 20,000+ sqf location, and moved from there after 2 years to be part of the Charlotte speedway project.

I think now that he is completely away from the 11,000 a month rent and extra expenses from the track you will see things get better. Everyone has to admit the economy sucks, and it hit the SE at the worse time for Jon. 3 or 4 years ago it was not out of the ordinary to see 150+ people at a club race here, those same tracks are struggling to get 20 people each week, if they have not closed already. 5 or 6 years ago Lance was getting 3 or 400 people for a club race at his house, those days for this area are long gone.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by thabiuk
He is shutting the store and tracks down, as of today they are no more. He is going to keep the online store going, and I think this will be a good thing.

For years CRC has had everything you ever wanted, but the last 3 years JON stuck his neck out bigtime for the local racers. He went from a small location to a 20,000+ sqf location, and moved from there after 2 years to be part of the Charlotte speedway project.

I think now that he is completely away from the 11,000 a month rent and extra expenses from the track you will see things get better. Everyone has to admit the economy sucks, and it hit the SE at the worse time for Jon. 3 or 4 years ago it was not out of the ordinary to see 150+ people at a club race here, those same tracks are struggling to get 20 people each week, if they have not closed already. 5 or 6 years ago Lance was getting 3 or 400 people for a club race at his house, those days for this area are long gone.

thats allsome he gone to keep, the online store open thats a good choice and keeps people employed.

man just 20 people showed up at carolinas track dam !

i guess some states got hit harder than others.

suprisely up here in pa the track, i go to has a good amount of people that show to race thank god.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

I knew it!
Stalling my refund endlessly...
To bad, they will be missed, even if they been mostly annoying lately.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by casevac
I knew it!
Stalling my refund endlessly...
To bad, they will be missed, even if they been mostly annoying lately.

casevac thabiuk said that, the owner is still gone to keep the online shop running .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.