Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Why wont my truck start? >

Why wont my truck start?

Why wont my truck start?

Old 11-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Why wont my truck start?

It's a nitro rustler with ez start. I just got a new engine and replaced the batteries.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Did you replace the engine? If so there is a couple of things you could look at:

1. Since you didn't give much info on the problem, it may also be that the engine is getting stuck at "top dead center". This is very common with new engines. When the engine is new, its easier to heat the engine up with a heat gun or hair drier before trying to start it. This allows the sleeve to expand, and thus turn over easier.

2. Did you put the one way bearing in the right way around? When you press the start button, does the engine actually turn over? You can check the flywheel to see if the engine is spinning. If you can hear the starter motor turning, but the engine isn't turning, you most likely have the one way bearing the wrong way around.

3. Did you connect the yellow wire to the engine base? The yellow wire is the "ground" wire for the glow plug circuit. Take the glow plug out and connect the blue wire to it. The press the glow plug against the side of the cooling head or the side of the engine while pressing the start button. The glow plug should light up. You can also look at the LED's on the starter wand. Both LED's should light up, which indicates that the starter motor and glow plug circuits are actually working.

If none of the above tips help, please post some more info about what actually happens when you try to start the engine.