Wiki Posts
Search

Pros and Cons - Mid motored TC's

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
You should look at the HPI Pro3. Central battery and motor, and long arms too (the arms are mounted inboard of the diff pulleys.

Unfortunately HPI got the materials badly wrong on that car, and even when they got the materials right it just wasn't as fast as the Pro4 they built to replace it (which was basically a refined TC3).

Although the Pro3 was one of the easiest cars to drive for club racers that I have seen.

Grizzbob - The TA05 hangs the motor way out and the cells are offset well towards the rear. With heavy NiMH, the car was very heavy on the RR corner. I've seen one with LiPo and the balance was much better, it seemed that with that layout the car really came alive. Is the V2 better balanced? If our aim is to get the centres of mass closer to the centreline of the car, TA05 is not really the solution.
Well, I can't speak on how it looks on a set of scales(I don't worry about that so much), but I can tell you it DRIVES great. I've run it with 31.5's, 17.5's & 13.5's, & it almost seems to feel better, the more power I bolt into it, & how it works on the track is FAR more important than what it looks like on a setup station, IMO....
Old 11-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Front motor, Mid motor, Rear motor.
It all depents on you driving style.

Do you break hard into turn and nail it out the turn ?
Or do you Ease into the turn and ease out the turn ?

I found out i had to change how i inter turns with a rear motor and a Mid/front motor car.

JRX-S and JRX-S Type R

Front motor will get you alot of steering asuming you are using Lipos to keep it light in the back. So your rear will be very sensitive in turns.

Rear motors seem to be front sensitive, meaning when you punch it and steer it very sensitive. coming out the turn you nail it once you straight.

But both effects can be dialed out with Toe in and some caster and camber.

I like both but for different reasons.
My JRX-S Pro is very nice for drifting havent gotten it set up right for a track.
JRX-S Type R Rocks in oval and reg tracks.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I'm thinking about trying the Durango layout with a tc3 front and rear..although it looks like it would be heavy in the front it should be close to 50/50 though I'm still afraid of it being to heavy in the front
Old 11-25-2009, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

just buy a street weapon
Old 11-25-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It doesn't matter what components are where, it matters where the weight is.