Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Sirio Evo2 vs. Murnam Mod Sirio >

Sirio Evo2 vs. Murnam Mod Sirio

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sirio Evo2 vs. Murnam Mod Sirio

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Sirio Evo2 vs. Murnam Mod Sirio

OK, I'm leaning toward going with Sirio power this coming season (provided that O'Donnell engine doesn't show up and change my mind). Now, from what I've seen, the Evo2 can be had for around 210. The mod is around 230 (am I correct Grinder?). I've read that the Evo2 is basically a factory mod engine. So, would it be worth the price diference to get the mod? And is the mod based on the original Sirio or Evo2?
Old 02-25-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

I was selling modified Evo II's for $230.00, but for some reason Trinity decided out of the blue to raise the price I was paying dramatically. I guess everyone is right about Trinity. I will no longer be able to sell Sirio's that cheap, so I may start modifying mostly Nova engines since Sirio's now cost almost as much as the Nova's. I will still be selling Sirio's, just not as many. The only difference in the old Sirio and the Evo II is that the sleeve has minor factory mods done, and the blue head. If you have to pay $210 for a stock sirio, and $230 for a stock NS12 (or variant) go with the Nova.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Uriah,

it looks like T is loosing Nova Rossi, so he needs to rip people with another product.

Have you checked pricing in HK for the Sirios?
Old 02-25-2004, 09:27 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by stefan
Uriah,

it looks like T is loosing Nova Rossi, so he needs to rip people with another product.

Have you checked pricing in HK for the Sirios?
Yes, because they also lost Picco, if you go to Picco's web page they list Werks Racing as their distributor for USA, so the only brand they have left to rip people is Sirio. I hope not for long.
AFM
Old 02-26-2004, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

...and Rossi!
Old 02-26-2004, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Beautiful, just beautiful. So, looking at the site, there are still a few Sirio's for 230. Same price as a mod MT12. Now, if the news is actually true about Trinity losing Novarossi, they will most likely jack up the price of the Sirios everywhere (and the Rossi line, which already is outrageous). How long do you think you will have the Sirio available? And would it make more sense to opt for the MT12 instead? What are the power differences in the two?