Wiki Posts
Search

I'M HAVING PERSONAL ISSUES WITH MY 4PK OPPIONS

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default I'M HAVING PERSONAL ISSUES WITH MY 4PK OPPIONS

okay i own a 4pk and recently perchased the hv hitec servos and scared to run unregulated power though the reciever.im really not looking for the performance gain as much as space in the radio tray of the mugen.the space and performance gain along with futaba telling me to run the regulator out side the box which im not happy with im unsure if i have the right radio.you would think for a 500 dollar radio i could run it unregulated.i would like to know how many of you have ran unregulated witg success and how many have had problems.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toofast55
okay i own a 4pk and recently perchased the hv hitec servos and scared to run unregulated power though the reciever.im really not looking for the performance gain as much as space in the radio tray of the mugen.the space and performance gain along with futaba telling me to run the regulator out side the box which im not happy with im unsure if i have the right radio.you would think for a 500 dollar radio i could run it unregulated.i would like to know how many of you have ran unregulated witg success and how many have had problems.

Man I have to agree with you 100%. A high end futaba radio should have no issues running lipo unregulated but they do. That's the only hjng that keeps me from switching to the 4pk. It's an awesome radio but you have to run a regulator in the car. I mean if my cheap DX3R can handle it why doesn't futaba step up their game and produce a recever that can run on lipo. If you run your 4pk unregulated you can expect to blow up the receiver that's the bottom line.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toofast55
I run a regulator in the box with a futaba 604 with no issues.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have run the 4PK/604 combo all season in my MBX6, unregged LiPo, no problems. While I suppose it wouldn't be right to tell you that you should go against factory statements...it can be done.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

i have been running the bls servos with lipo and they say not to.. no issues. they are just covering themselves because it's lipo..
Old 11-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Trade it for a low use DX3R with 2 Receivers . I know somebody willing to do that if you are unhappy with the futaba system.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

the radio is sweet i feel very in touch with my truggy,radio setup is easy because thats all i have owned but would like to run straight lipo and if no body has had problems because of it i will do so understanding im taking a risk.thx for your experiences pls keep them coming for me and anyone else that runs the 4pk.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

the radio is sweet i feel very in touch with my truggy,radio setup is easy because thats all i have owned but would like to run straight lipo and if no body has had problems because of it i will do so understanding im taking a risk.thx for your experiences pls keep them coming for me and anyone else that runs the 4pk.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'm running the 3PK/603FS combo, and I'm in the same boat as OP.. I've considered running unregulated, but can't afford to fry a receiver.. Has anyone done it and had problems? That's what I want to hear. WHat happened and could it have been avoided, and still run unreg?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I have been running a regulator for some time on three of
my 604 rx with on problems two are in the rx boxes and
on my latemodel it's on the outside next to the servo the
way I see it is way take the chance and fry your $100 rx
over a $20 part and you may or may not gain any thing
in less you are running the high volt servos for more torque
Old 11-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

i have never done it myself but i do know alot of guys that run unregulated lipo with the 3pk 2.4 stuff and no problems. I talked to them about it and they was telling me that there was more of a problem with servos then with receiver's. I think at the time most of the guys that where doing unregulated lipo where using hitec 5955 servo's. they told me that the receiver would handle way more voltage then most servo's would. I use lipo regulated because i want the extra runtime and the same voltage so it dont drop off on long run's.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

run a 6.4v LiFe pack w/ no regulator. Done.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Do we really need to run the same voltage to the Rx and servos?

Couldn't we cut the red wire from the servos and tie it directly to the switch? Sending 8.4 to the servos.

Then have another wire coming off the switch going to the regulator then to the Rx. To power the Rx at a lower voltage.

Since the Rx is a constant and very light load, we might not need the regulator at all. Just run some resistors off of the switch instead to bring voltage down to 6.0

The only bond between the servos and Rx left would be the white wire, but if thats only signal, its a one way street and the 2 different voltages wouldn't affect that?
Old 11-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ruune
run a 6.4v LiFe pack w/ no regulator. Done.
+1, I'm running two of those. One in the TX and one in the RC8B
Old 11-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Do we really need to run the same voltage to the Rx and servos?

Couldn't we cut the red wire from the servos and tie it directly to the switch? Sending 8.4 to the servos.

Then have another wire coming off the switch going to the regulator then to the Rx. To power the Rx at a lower voltage.

Since the Rx is a constant and very light load, we might not need the regulator at all. Just run some resistors off of the switch instead to bring voltage down to 6.0

The only bond between the servos and Rx left would be the white wire, but if thats only signal, its a one way street and the 2 different voltages wouldn't affect that?
that makes sense.....in theory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.