Wiki Posts
Search

World GT paints

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default World GT paints

Lets see if we can get some postings on the WGT or pro 10 bodies. I will have mine up shortly!

and how about we make this a chassis appearance thread also....so show off your wiring!!!!

Last edited by Tha Skinny; 11-09-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

My Mulsane body:

Old 11-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I like that body alot.. Hows it handle compared to the others? I'm trying to decide on which one to go with.. The Parma, or the sophia?.. I just finished the build time for electrics.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

And here's my Astin Martin DB9 body at the IIC.

As far as handling...hard to say because with the Mulsane I ran double pink tires and with the DB9 I ran spec lilac tires. How much was tires and how much was body it's hard to say...but the Mulsane seemed to have more grip overall.

Last edited by InspGadgt; 11-09-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DHMOTORSPORTS
I like that body alot.. Hows it handle compared to the others? I'm trying to decide on which one to go with.. The Parma, or the sophia?.. I just finished the build time for electrics.
Are you talking about the DB9? The paint job does it no justice at all one the website I have seen a few online painted up and they look great.
What class are you running th Mulsane in? Would that be Pro10? I am still confused about what people are calling the class with the vett sophia and so on bodies....seemed to kinda die!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
And here's my Astin Martin DB9 body at the IIC.

As far as handling...hard to say because with the Mulsane I ran double pink tires and with the DB9 I ran spec lilac tires. How much was tires and how much was body it's hard to say...but the Mulsane seemed to have more grip overall.
No pic
Old 11-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Here is mine.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Got the pic fixed.

As far as where I ran the Mulsane...when we first started our WGT class our body rules were more open. I wanted more of a super car class then another TC class on a pan car chassis. Several other WGT series around the US have done similar as well in not following the normal WGT rules.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny
Are you talking about the DB9? The paint job does it no justice at all one the website I have seen a few online painted up and they look great.
What class are you running th Mulsane in? Would that be Pro10? I am still confused about what people are calling the class with the vett sophia and so on bodies....seemed to kinda die!
Yes the DB9. Its starting to grow on me..
Old 11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

The DB9 really is a pretty body when it is all painted up and mounted. But there is a problem if your series follows the WGT rules strictly. If you cut the body at the bottom cut line then the roof will be too low according to the rules and the wing too tall. I'd suggest mounting the body without cutting the lower line or wheel wells, set it so the roof height is correct, then trim the body to the chassis level and cut out the wheel wells.