Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
FIORONI CLUTCH SYSTEMS!!!!!!! >

FIORONI CLUTCH SYSTEMS!!!!!!!

FIORONI CLUTCH SYSTEMS!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Jason, wasn't talking about you, no worries.

The Penta is good too. I have used one in my GT (rally) car. The pro's are very long shoe life and consistent power. The cons are not too punchy and no adjustment ability. The longer I used it the better it got. As the shoes started to wear the bottom end punch increased. The original shoes and springs are still in after several races.

If you don't want a 3 shoe, then the Vario 4 shoe is good too. It uses the same springs as the 3 shoe Vario, and has 2 settings for more or less punch.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the info garen. I am between fioroni 4 shoe or penta. both seem to be for offroad use but since the 4 shoe has two settings does it make it better than the penta?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Questions??

Originally Posted by garen
Kelles go with the Vario 3 shoe with 2 aluminum and one carbon shoe. Some people have nothing better to do than constantly bash Fioroni products on every forum they can find. Do some research and you will see what I am talking about.
In the end it's your decision and whatever you choose it will hopefully work out just fine. The Vario gives you the adjustment option with the rotating cam. My guess is the number 2 or 3 setting will work best for you. If later on you need all out tire spinning punch, get the optional cam with the 3, 4, and 5settings. The higher the number the more punch.

When you say get the optional cam with 3, 4, 5 settings what do you mean? sorry but i am really a newbie with the clutches.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default Clutch

Originally Posted by KELLES
You really think so? Fioroni ones look really high quility clutches, you really think m2c would be a better option?
The best thing is buy and try but after many dollars being spent I selected the M2C 4 shoe he offers a couple of versions light and heavy and his shoes will last if setup correctly. New Set I'm one gallon and my shoes have a ton of life left but maintenance is required. Carolina RC has 15% percent off right now good savings but if you buy from M2C he will include his shoe removal tool not sure if that's the ones Carolina offers. also Mitch is always there for help if you have any questions.

Last edited by bigjayjay1; 11-06-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If someone tells you that brand A is the best choice and you see in their signature that they are sponsored by brand A,you may be getting a biased opinion.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

well i ques u r right, just noticed that, this doesnt mean their info not true but who knows. BUY AND TRY thats what i have to do. Thanks everyone, i will be deciding by my self now after seen some posts and got to know what clutches are being used around.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

M2C>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fiorini

nuf said
Old 11-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Kelles, The vario 3 shoe clutch has an adjustable cam with #1, #2, and #3 settings. If you look at a photo you will see what I am talking about. You can rotate the cam to a higher number to increase the spring tension which will allow the motor to rev at a higher rpm before the clutch engages. An optional cam is available, OT-FR110 is the part number I think, that has settings #3, #4, and #5. The higher the number the more 'punch'. You will probably not need the optional cam but it is available. I have not used this cam, but my guess is with more punch/power you are going to have a hotter clutch and hotter running engine,