Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR banning New Truggy bodies!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBMike
Whats wrong with asking the Racers to set those directions? I don't want a tadpole design, I race & I pay to join ROAR (at least in years up until now).
+1

Or at least contributing to the decision making.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

As a ROAR member, I would like to make a suggestion to the commity. Let ROAR RACERS VOTE on rule changes. Then at least the guys who hate the new rule will bitch at each other on the net instead of having them all ganging up on Dawn & the rest of the board.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

like i said earlier, offroad racing does not resemble 1:1 at all except for dirt. 1:1 offroad only has a selcet few jumps mostly singles and whoops, why doesnt Roar try to make all the Roar tracks like that then. that would resemble 1:1 offroad right? I see your point with the VTR wheel its to big with the already set rules, bad on PLs part. But i dont think there should be guide lines for Truggy bodies yet, they arnt a torpedo yet they still look like trucks.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

So to resemble 1:1 - that only mean bodies.....?

And why cant the "rules" evolve with the hobby?

These are TOYS and for the most part or by 95% - are raced for fun. Why is the rules so complicated? The whole tire thing, do those tires make that much of a difference in preformance or is it because ROAR said so.....

Who came up with the thought that RC racing was invented to resenble 1:1 cars..... I for one have not seen a "real" 1:1 4 wheel drive buggy and the so called truggies look nothing like anything....
Old 11-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good thing Dawn came on to set things straight. Sounds like just a rumor.

ROAR has done an excellent job at bringing popular and new products to be ROAR legal, and I was very impressed at the professionalism of the ROAR races this year. ROAR is going in the right direction.

I have to applaud the efforts!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Initiate

I feel kinda sorry for you guys in the US. I just checked your rule book and man is it complex! The technical truggy rules in the UK have been two sides of (large type!) A4 for the last three years with no issues at all. For example:

Engine rules: Minimum .21 (no maximum)
Wheel/Tyres: No buggy wheels, no invisible tyres (), no other limits.
Fuel tank: 155ml

And that's pretty much it. We used to call them Outlaw Monster Trucks and in tha spirit the rules stay open. If you want complex rules, we have Rallycross (1/8 Buggy) for that.

If you want to unify rules please look out side your national borders and try and sort something out at an international level... How about a Truggy Worlds in '11 or '12? I'm not good enough to qualify, but it would be cool to see.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Not to bash Dawn or anyone, but the fact of the matter is unless ROAR comes out with a plan to define the rules, is there a chance like one of the larger companies pushing the agenda? If not, then I applaud their efforts, but only time will tell.

Most of us race 1/8th scale either buggy or truggy not for the realism, but for the thrill the class provides. By attempting to make it more like 1:1, you make it less fun because there is no way a Short course truck will out perform a truggy on a dirt track on a traditional r/c track.

Hopefully this will turn out ok, but I'll wait and see. This should be a thread to post support either for a rule or not so ROAR can see what some racers are interested in.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Edumakated
who gives a flip about how the bodies look? If you want scale racing, go get a slash.

The cars are designed to go around a track fast, whether realistic looking or not. I could careless how my car looks. I am surprised people still even try to make them look like there is a driver cab instead of just some super low profile shell.

ROAR has way too much time on their hands.
+10000000000000000000000000000000
Old 11-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank L
So what body am I suppose to run on my 2.0 then?? If they ban them then they have to give us an alternative. I just can't see them banning the two top truggy mfg's losi and mugen. Is this a fact or just being talked about?
Right here with you buddy. I mean look at my signature
Old 11-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by David Alberico
Good thing Dawn came on to set things straight. Sounds like just a rumor.

ROAR has done an excellent job at bringing popular and new products to be ROAR legal, and I was very impressed at the professionalism of the ROAR races this year. ROAR is going in the right direction.

I have to applaud the efforts!
I dont think nobody knocks the efforts and we all know they put in work,,,, we are just speaking our minds on the governing body and rules.... same goes with EVERY type of government system..... they cant please everyone.

I have been hearing the truggy body rule for some time now. Its a long standing rumor (per Dawn) that I feel should be been addressed along time ago.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ROAR has a done a good job. Have they been perfect? No. Will they ever be? No.

There have been a few comments from both sides of this on 1:1 racing. Dawn, when was the last time you saw Mazda Speed 6 that looks anything like our touring car bodies? The rims that we use, regardless of size, don't look anything like real rims. If the tracks we run offroad on were 1:1 scale, we'd kill the drivers. Engines on one side sticking out the top of the body, arms sticking WAY out from the chassis, etc....

We do not, and have not emulated 1:1 racing in quite some time. The closest we really get now is Tamiya Mini and maybe WGT for onroad, and SCT for offroad.

Edmond is right, in my opinion. Why are onroad guys having a say in offroad and vice versa? I race both on and off road but I know plenty of guys who only race one or the other. Then the other problem with that is how do racers that do run both get their voice in both? Buy two memberships? Check a little box on your registration? What happens if you decide to do the other half way through the year?
Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ok, i saw this in another post... and this is a buggy.. or at least thats what it looks like.. deff not a truggy. tell me if im wrong this is what a truggy looks like..http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_a4uwreW_Gl...no_redbull.jpg[/IMG].

[QUOTE=Bigedmond;6563813][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...bst_truggy.jpg[IMG]

That is a real, full size truggy. The body that You like Dawn looks nothing like that

My source, a proline employee is not mad about a clearly defined rule. He is upset about a new rule, that makes the VTR tire illegal. I will agree with the V3 buggy tire being illegal.

The big problem, ROAR has onroad racers making rules for offroad racing. You want to improve ROAR? Make it so Offroad racers make the rules for offroad, and onroad racers for onroad. I will be upfront and say, i should never make an onroad rule, because i dislike onroad. But having people like Rich Taylor, someone who absolutely hates Offroad racing, he should have no say in rules for offroad. Dont give me the crap about signing up for election, as i do not have the time.[/QUOTE/]
Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Who came up with the idea the RC racing was invented to resemble 1:1 racing or cars?
Old 11-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Nickd18;6564271]ok, i saw this in another post... and this is a buggy.. or at least thats what it looks like.. deff not a truggy. tell me if im wrong this is what a truggy looks like.. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...bst_truggy.jpg

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
[IMG]

That is a real, full size truggy. The body that You like Dawn looks nothing like that.http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_a4uwreW_Gl...no_redbull.jpg[/IMG]

My source, a proline employee is not mad about a clearly defined rule. He is upset about a new rule, that makes the VTR tire illegal. I will agree with the V3 buggy tire being illegal.

The big problem, ROAR has onroad racers making rules for offroad racing. You want to improve ROAR? Make it so Offroad racers make the rules for offroad, and onroad racers for onroad. I will be upfront and say, i should never make an onroad rule, because i dislike onroad. But having people like Rich Taylor, someone who absolutely hates Offroad racing, he should have no say in rules for offroad. Dont give me the crap about signing up for election, as i do not have the time.[/QUOTE/]
Exactly right
Old 11-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RBMike
As a ROAR member, I would like to make a suggestion to the commity. Let ROAR RACERS VOTE on rule changes. Then at least the guys who hate the new rule will bitch at each other on the net instead of having them all ganging up on Dawn & the rest of the board.
This sounds like a grand idea but you will end up with 100 guys voting.

Originally Posted by MrMagoo73
I feel kinda sorry for you guys in the US. I just checked your rule book and man is it complex! The technical truggy rules in the UK have been two sides of (large type!) A4 for the last three years with no issues at all. For example:

Engine rules: Minimum .21 (no maximum)
Wheel/Tyres: No buggy wheels, no invisible tyres (), no other limits.
Fuel tank: 155ml

And that's pretty much it. We used to call them Outlaw Monster Trucks and in tha spirit the rules stay open. If you want complex rules, we have Rallycross (1/8 Buggy) for that.

If you want to unify rules please look out side your national borders and try and sort something out at an international level... How about a Truggy Worlds in '11 or '12? I'm not good enough to qualify, but it would be cool to see.
European racing in general is far more rules oriented with much more detailed tech inspection. R/C car racing in Europe is treated as miniature motorsport. In the U.S. it is organized bashing. (and getting worse)

Originally Posted by token
Who came up with the idea the RC racing was invented to resemble 1:1 racing or cars?
ROAR's founders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.