Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY XB8 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Haha yikes..pit lane competition in the middle of the real race!

I can't wait to travel and see Europe..it's gonna be a blast. The car seems to be pretty good..I think we (and Team USA) are more worried about the rocks than anything.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
Haha yikes..pit lane competition in the middle of the real race!

I can't wait to travel and see Europe..it's gonna be a blast. The car seems to be pretty good..I think we (and Team USA) are more worried about the rocks than anything.
Will U stay at the Scandic Star? I will from Sunday onwards anyway.

Did U say Furulund Rocks...? Stay on-line, never drive 110% (so to speak), know where to take it easy (like 80% power max) and have a car you like to drive and feel confident in. If you feel like you have to fight it or push it a lot then you're likely to jump a little much and land hard and pick up the gravel. Stay on line, tell Adam to watch the locals and start practicing calmly and pick up the pace - not the other way around. Trust me. Dont cut-out the body so much in the front either, keep it "tight" around steering etc. If it cant get in it cant do much in the car. The old Speed 9.5 had really long steering arms so the stones also got stuck between them and the wheels. Enough tips for a competitor now.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

I don't know where I'm staying or anything..I wasn't really supposed to know about this surprise trip until right before I left, but my girlfriend let the information slip..hahaha.

I think the biggest problem the Americans will have is learning to drive calmly instead of push..but Adam will have a good shot at doing well. Do you guys do anything to the flywheel opening in the chassis to stop rocks as well?
Old 07-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
I don't know where I'm staying or anything..I wasn't really supposed to know about this surprise trip until right before I left, but my girlfriend let the information slip..hahaha.

I think the biggest problem the Americans will have is learning to drive calmly instead of push..but Adam will have a good shot at doing well. Do you guys do anything to the flywheel opening in the chassis to stop rocks as well?
Flywheel hole - nahhh, the XB8 come with a perfect sized one... But it cant be too small as they (gravel) could get styuck for shure. All normal cars now seems to be good in that respect. A small flywheel is good also (as the XB8).

Sweden trip: cool. I guess its the Scandic though as most stay there.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

aaron,

maybe they will surprise you with a buggy to run
Old 07-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

That'd be really cool..but I don't think that the Worlds is a good place to learn how to drive 1/8th scale buggy. Getting me signed up now would be tough also..
Old 07-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Who knows...with it being a track that requires patience and finesse, driving it like a 4WD electric may be just the ticket
Old 07-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

patience and finesse? 4wd electric? never should be used in the same sentence..hahaha

Now gas truck..that requires patience and finesse. I think I would do alright at the Furuland track, but it'd be a huge gamble to try to get me up to speed in the couple weeks we have left. I'm content to turn wrenches and squeeze fuel bottles the whole time
Old 07-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I dunno...the guys at my local track cringe when I drive my Yokomo because I just throw the thing around the track with wreckless abandon....they're used to XXX4's...(not XXX-4G+ which I hear are quite durable)

Not meaning to be Losi bashing...I had just always heard around the track... "Take it easy!! It's not a 1/8 scale....be smooooth!!!!"
Old 07-19-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

I guess it's just a difference of experience. To me, finesse isn't mashing the throttle...which is what you can do with a XXX-4, because it'll GO. Do that with a gas truck, and you either wheelie, spin out, or both..hahaha
Old 07-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Just updated almost all of the pics with slightly bigger size and better photoshop work...
Old 07-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default XRAY XB8 Thread

XRay XB8 Steve Pondīs Review

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...d.php?t=172225
Old 07-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: XRAY XB8 Thread

Originally posted by slopez
XRay XB8 Steve Pondīs Review

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...d.php?t=172225
Thats not a review - its pressrelease material from Xray... Thats said, most basic info is there...
Old 07-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Tech Initiate

It's a review of the previews ...
Old 07-22-2004, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by vgerdes
It's a review of the previews ...
Noooo, its not any reviewing at all in that - its on a RCCA news page and a standard pressrelease... By the way Volker, the 9886 is an really old pipe from Novarossi...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.