Search

XRAY XB8 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Looking for some opinion and suggestions here and I hope you guys don't mind the question and can help me out.

As you guys know, we recently launched our nitro off-road website, www.maxxtruck.com and I would like to see if you guys would be interested in us carrying XRAY XB8 and XB8R parts? We had a few customer that came in the shop who owns XB8 that said it has been difficult for them to get parts at a decent price. I'm wondering if that's the same across the board for other Xray owners? and if so, are there particular parts or section of the car we should focus on? Thanks for taking the time to read this, I sincerely appreciate the feedback

Also (and you guys are probably more in-tune about this than I am) I was told there will be a revision of the XB8 coming early next year and also possibly a truggy that's due launch soon after. Sounds like the truggy class is going to really take off

Steve Wang
I think you should carry xray parts, lots of people run the buggy. I see a lot of the current truggies hitting the buy/sell forums if xray puts one out. Any details on the xb8 revisions?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AWOLsoldier
I think you should carry xray parts, lots of people run the buggy. I see a lot of the current truggies hitting the buy/sell forums if xray puts one out. Any details on the xb8 revisions?
Thanks for the feedback AWOLsoldier. They didn't mention anything about the exact revisions or when the truggy is going to be released, but I'm guessing soon after the revised XB8

Steve Wang
Old 01-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Default Team Xray USA

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...hp?storyid=202
Old 01-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Whats the difference between the x ray xb8 and the xb8R?
Old 01-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmckie
Whats the difference between the x ray xb8 and the xb8R?
Here are some of the basic differences:

44T spur gear, 14T clutch bell, Blue Carbon Fiber radio tray front upper plate and center diff plate, CVDs instead of Universals, composite fuel filter, composite rear wing braces, composite hinge pin holders, stamped shock towers that are a little thinner, soft/long arms all the way around and composite chassis braces.

Sorry, may have missed a couple things but theses are the main points.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H
I followed this link but all it talks about is some guy named Gene Hickerson and he's one of the top US drivers???? I don't even know who the guy is and how do you get ranked?
Old 01-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Here are some of the basic differences:

44T spur gear, 14T clutch bell, Blue Carbon Fiber radio tray front upper plate and center diff plate, CVDs instead of Universals, composite fuel filter, composite rear wing braces, composite hinge pin holders, stamped shock towers that are a little thinner, soft/long arms all the way around and composite chassis braces.

Sorry, may have missed a couple things but theses are the main points.
The shock towers aren't stamped, they're machined and the same as the standard kit without the black annodizing.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Gene Hickerson no longer runs for Xray. He went back to CEN Racing and is running the new Matrix now.

Chris Crews and David Joor both run for Xray and rumor on the S-grid has it that Jared Tebo is going to be running for Xray.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

hey w.e.d. jim do you know travis scrambling i used to know him long ago just curious if he is still racing if he is say russell jones said hello.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Bought my first XRay 2 hrs ago

G'day everyone, new 1/8th, new XRay guy here. Limited to Serpent onroad, I dove into the bigtime of offroad nitro tonight, I just bought a used XRay from a local guy and its all stock but for a few King Headz parts(Front Upper Hinge Pin Mount, Steering Ackerman 3mm Offset, Radio Plate/Servo Mounts and the Front Torque brace) Some of those parts arn't even on the car. Its had 3/4 of a gallon of fuel run through its Picco .21 (purple head?) with a nice header and a JP-1 pipe. I plan to race it at a local track, which is made up of an oval, with an inner roadcourse. http://www.nwsca.com/scripts/rc_foru...?TOPIC_ID=8802
is the link to some pics of it curently under construction. Anyhow, I'm thinking, from what I've read, of going with 5-7-3, 40wt Assoc. f/r and picking up some Mugen pistons? If there was anything else to pick up or fix, modify, what would it be? I'd like to race it in this form before I go nuts and buy all the TQ upgrades...or is it worth it form the start? Looking for some advice fellas, thanks.

BTW:This forum seems pretty good!

D