Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 09:27 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
17.5 TC @ 5:1.

set rpm to track size. duo motor 0 Timing. 30 pills from the castle.

pretty sad when a 'TEAM DRIVER' for another speedo manuf and his father try to tell castle runners today that the esc is illegal. especially after pasted by it despite fact that they run 13.5 MUAHAHAHAHA.

R
Its only illegal until Tekin copied the software Castle already had with the RPM ranges!!!!!!!!!!! It is pretty funny though that they complain. No complaints when the brand they use is fast but when its not I guess its normal to cry when your brand is just not the shit.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:34 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by KHoff7
This thing is really really fast. I have no desire for any other speedo.
Told you its fast. WHen you kick that a$$ tommorrow with the MMP guys will be crying that 130 dollar speedo just beat them down.

Funny thing no one complained when I had my test unit and I had some problems but now that the production version is out they are finding out what I knew all along...........when Castle got it working correctly it would be killer and it is!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wish my test unit workedlike my new one does as my E4 would of lifted off and alot of guys would of been crying a few months ago. They just go lucky by a few months thats all. Just glad someone else is going to prove what I knew all along. Castle is a leader and not a follower and don't need to wait til they get beat to make fast software. Castle did it the first time and no need for a new version every other week that teamdrivers need to give you.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Told you its fast. WHen you kick that a$$ tommorrow with the MMP guys will be crying that 130 dollar speedo just beat them down.

Funny thing no one complained when I had my test unit and I had some problems but now that the production version is out they are finding out what I knew all along...........when Castle got it working correctly it would be killer and it is!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wish my test unit workedlike my new one does as my E4 would of lifted off and alot of guys would of been crying a few months ago. They just go lucky by a few months thats all. Just glad someone else is going to prove what I knew all along. Castle is a leader and not a follower and don't need to wait til they get beat to make fast software. Castle did it the first time and no need for a new version every other week that teamdrivers need to give you.
How did you fit it on your chassis the E4 that is ?
Old 01-01-2010, 09:50 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by iPearl
How did you fit it on your chassis the E4 that is ?
At the time I first was testing I had it in a TC5R. The E4 I had a Tekin til I got my new updated MMP and at that time I quit running Touring cars and went back to offroad since it was only 15 minutes away vs 1 1/2 hours. Also the hobbyshop owner for the offroad track wanted me to help out and work some on the weekends so I thats another reason I quit touring cars.

For the E4 I would of ran the small Spektum receiver and then fitting the MMP wouldn't of been too much of a problem to fit it in the E4.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
i have a question is anyone running the max timing in cheat mode?
I'm running my 11.5T TC with max 50 degrees in cheat mode. No fans on motor or esc. I am faster than SPX, Orca Vritra, SP and whatever else there was on track! Motor temp was at borderline 80+ degrees C.

As for Tekins new firmware, I don't think it'll be any faster than the MMP as my gut tells me the MMP is already maxing out the performance from the motor....
Old 01-02-2010, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Any Suggestions???????????

Originally Posted by hdcamarodude
I just bought an mmp. I would like some set up suggestions. I am running on a dirt oval track with about a 50' straight away. I am running a 17.5 duo 2. Current gear ratio with my speed passion was 1.75. I don't know much about the mmp so any help would be appreciated.
Any Suggestions??????????? I run tonight and am trying to set things up today!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 05:18 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

yeh the motor really cant take any more. fine line nowadays on runnin well and blowed up. also i feel already despite b'g more akin to offroad, that we're beginning to max out the cars and the tires in their current form. so naturally, more new cars and softer tires that dont last as long will follow.

my feeling is yeh the tekin guys now have an rpm band to play with but at least initially (confirmation 2day) that the MMP has the upperhand. also i've got a feeling that the tekin unit itself is working alot harder than the MMP is. their all temping their motors...they might want to temp somethin else.

i still have a tekin (in my xxx), so we'll try it.

R

PS-Reigle (hint)-its the person who drove you away from schumacher.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Is there any benefit on a timing adjustable motor and another one with fix timing when both used with a speedo like MM or MMP or any other with electronic timing adjusting system?
Old 01-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Is there any benefit on a timing adjustable motor and another one with fix timing when both used with a speedo like MM or MMP or any other with electronic timing adjusting system?
Yes there is benefit. End bell timing has its advantages. Helps you fine tune low rpm torque. Start with cheat mode at 0 degrees. Find the best take off / launch by adjusting the endbell timing. Then dial in alot of cheat mode timing and gear it right.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

So I have to look for a time adjustable motor Another motor
Old 01-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Born2Run
So I have to look for a time adjustable motor Another motor
I think your fixed endbell motor would run like a champ on this esc. Sometimes "optimum" is so subtle it doesn't really matter in most cases. A poor handling chassis will more then offset the benefit of little extra grunt.

Try and keep things in an honest perspective.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sportpak
I think your fixed endbell motor would run like a champ on this esc. Sometimes "optimum" is so subtle it doesn't really matter in most cases. A poor handling chassis will more then offset the benefit of little extra grunt.

Try and keep things in an honest perspective.
I agree 100%
Thanks
Old 01-02-2010, 08:07 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
yeh the motor really cant take any more. fine line nowadays on runnin well and blowed up. also i feel already despite b'g more akin to offroad, that we're beginning to max out the cars and the tires in their current form. so naturally, more new cars and softer tires that dont last as long will follow.

my feeling is yeh the tekin guys now have an rpm band to play with but at least initially (confirmation 2day) that the MMP has the upperhand. also i've got a feeling that the tekin unit itself is working alot harder than the MMP is. their all temping their motors...they might want to temp somethin else.

i still have a tekin (in my xxx), so we'll try it.

R

PS-Reigle (hint)-its the person who drove you away from schumacher.
Go figure. Hey you can change software but the fets and other stuff in the speedo is the same so just because you change the software don't mean its going to be faster.

As for complaining I don't recall them saying anything when Tekin had the only turbo boost stuff out and no one else did. Castle can't help that their techs did a great job with the MMP on the first try. Guys always complain when the so called big boys stuff just isn't the best..........go figure.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Guys always complain when the so called big boys stuff just isn't the best..........go figure.
Amen brother!!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyanyde
I'm running my 11.5T TC with max 50 degrees in cheat mode. No fans on motor or esc. I am faster than SPX, Orca Vritra, SP and whatever else there was on track! Motor temp was at borderline 80+ degrees C.

As for Tekins new firmware, I don't think it'll be any faster than the MMP as my gut tells me the MMP is already maxing out the performance from the motor....
what the motor & batery C rating u are using ? before im already using MM. Nice to hear MMP give more power up on the esc

so do u running sensored or sensorell with 11.5T?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.