Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
HPI Sprint 2 issues >

HPI Sprint 2 issues

HPI Sprint 2 issues

Old 10-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default HPI Sprint 2 issues

I just bought a Sprint 2 off a guy and it worked fine when I bought it. I put a Ni-Cd 7.2V 2000mAh battery from Radio Shack in it today (don't know how charged it is, but it worked fine in my Slash) and found 2 problems.

1. I can't find an on-off switch. Does this thing just have the battery plug serve as its switch? I looked on HPI's website and didn't see a switch in the pictures there either.

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/750/

2. When I plug the battery in and turn on the controller, the car is immediately in drive. The steering doesn't work and the throttle will not back off, even with the trim knob. It's like the receiver has gone out or something.

I'd planned to buy a Spektrum system, but was going to wait until Christmas to do so. Does anyone have any ideas about what's going on? Like I mentioned, I pulled the battery from my slash and the controller batteries from the slash controller, where they worked fine, and put them in my sprint 2 and had issues.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BMeeks
Old 10-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Initiate

okay, so i answered the first question on my own. It does not have a switch. It operates by plugging and unplugging the battery according to the manual. I didn't find any information on why it would take off and ignore the steering input though.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

This may sound stupid but have you turned out the transmitter first before you plug in the car?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Initiate

i went through and pulled the servo wires and esc wires and plugged them back in... I think I had plugged the car in before turning the controller on, essentially turning the car on first. whatever it was, it didn't re-occur when I assembled the car again and turned it on. It was extremely slow and took a couple seconds to initiate reverse but I think that's a delayed esc thing... not sure..

BMeeks