Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I was suprised at how little the carpet really got around that stuff compared to the TC3 I drove last year.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah those tc3 bearing blow!!! they will grab all the dirt, fuzz, and grim they can find
Old 04-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

bump
Old 04-10-2004, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Default FT

does the FT kit includes swaybars and the turnbuckle tool?

Thanks

CE!
Old 04-11-2004, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

no swaybars unfortunatly, turnbuckle tool yes.

Factory Team is excellent. ran mine last saturday, kit setup was faster than previous setup on evo2, and nearly 1/2 sec quicker a lap than everyone else. i ran stock.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

I really like my factory team kit.
I think it was even easier to build than the FOC evo2.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

RCchica:

how was the bearings? it says degreased and re-oil with shell???

tnx
Old 04-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

dontfeelcold...are you running on carpet or asphalt??

i run mine this past saturday...and i miss a lot of steering...after some change the car was better but not enought for a feel that i have enought steering i don t have enought steering off power when i m going in a turn...i m running carpet with foam.

and i have some problem issue with the chassis tweak when i hit the bord....i don t have to hit really hard to tweak the chassis....maybe if i put a stand off in the middle of the brace like the T1R it will be better for my twaek problem....what you think about that?

but for the power and overall performance of the belt i was really surprise if i compared to my TC3.....

Pace
Old 04-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Pace72

i run mine this past saturday...and i miss a lot of steering...after some change the car was better but not enought for a feel that i have enought steering i don t have enought steering off power when i m going in a turn...i m running carpet with foam.

and i have some problem issue with the chassis tweak when i hit the bord....i don t have to hit really hard to tweak the chassis....maybe if i put a stand off in the middle of the brace like the T1R it will be better for my twaek problem....what you think about that?

but for the power and overall performance of the belt i was really surprise if i compared to my TC3.....

Pace
Xrays tweeking and needing more turn in is kind of unusual. Most people need to take away steering, not add it. What are your droop settings? Should be about 1-1.5 mm front and 1.2-1.7mm rear.

If the front end is not transitioning fast enough, try thinner front oil or opening more holes.

What is your dual rate at? End points set right?

What is your ackermann set at? Should be inside on the servo saver and in the back holes for the carriers.

As for the tweek - did you bend something? Are all the bulkhead screws tight? What top deck - should be the stiff one. I've never seen a xray tweek before - well, I did break a shock tower once...
Old 04-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Question for you Xray guys. Which arms does the T1R come with? I heard somewhere they were the 'short' arms, but wasn't sure if that was true or not.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Brian, the T1r comes with the long arms, only the new Factory kit comes with the short arms.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks. That's what I thought.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pace72

Pace
i also ran my FK last sat, with t1r tub chassis. now the car is too fast for my slow hands lol
and i need to take away some steering in front too. the rip out of corners is also better than my pro 4 too..

Old 04-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default X-Ray T1 FK

I agree the FK is 1 of the best car X-ray got.
I just change the camber link to the most inside hole and the car rocks the rest of the setting is stock.
And i use this setting for 2 diffence track and the car feels fast and out of coner speed is also the same as a shaft drive car.

But i am scare of 1 thing. the car seems a bit fraglie cause got too many holes but i thing it is not a problem cause it is A X-RAY
Old 04-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

I decided to race my T1R Friday night at the last minute. I originally went to the track just to break the diffs in and hang out then decided to race it.

My first full pack through it was the first qualifier lol. Box stock it had a HORRENDOUS push....on and off power it was unreal. I swapped one step lower front springs for the 2nd qual and it was marginally better. For the main (B) I went to the yellow springs (softest) and added 2mm of rear droop. It still had a slight push to it but it was manageable. Other than that the car is rock solid and smooth as all get out.

Even with the handling the way it was I ran faster than I have in the past month and a half with my TC3. I am going out some more this week to try and find the set up for my track but overall I am very happy with the car. I think once I hit the setup it is going to be FAST.

Put it through the stress test too with 2 big hits. Either one of which would easily have snapped an arm on the TC3 among other damage. Didn't even throw a setting off on the X Ray. Cracked a TakeOff wheel is about the only thing that happened.

Can't wait to get more into the guts of it and try it out. Going to take some toe out of the rear and possibly stiffen it up a bit to see how that goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.