Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Old 03-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default T1R with short arms

hi there,
has anyone fitted the short arms to the composite chassis? if yes, what are the mods necessary besides the arms/mountings? is any dremeling/filing needed, does the steering servo mounting gets in the way? if so, what's the solution? many thanks....
Old 03-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Be careful screwing in the Ti screws into the alum bulkheads. Without a barrier, the two metals will fuse.
So its not recommended? Sorry .. i am kinda ignorant to all this ... hope some guys would help
Old 03-26-2004, 04:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by AdR|aN
So its not recommended? Sorry .. i am kinda ignorant to all this ... hope some guys would help
You can use Ti screws, just oil them.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sands
You can use Ti screws, just oil them.
Oil them? With? Is bearing oil suitable? Or bushing oil?
Or any kind of OIL?
TIA
Old 03-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Any type of oil. Place a drop in the hole before you screw in the screw. The oil acts as a barrier between the alum bulkhead and the Ti screw. Without the barrier, the metal properties will cause them to attract to one another in a process called cold fusion.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it.
Didnt wanted to trash my car.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Without the barrier, the metal properties will cause them to attract to one another in a process called cold fusion.
Wow. Cold Fusion. Sounds very very Einsteiny!!!
LoL
Just joking. Appreciate your help
Old 03-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I thought I had my short arm conversion complete but the cars been sitting in peices for a while. Tonight I was putting the servo back in and it doesn't seem to fit right. I want to make the servo arm parallel with the the top plate, but it seems that the only way I can make it right is to cut off part of the arm on the case of the my servo. Is this the only way to make the servo fit right? The only picture I've got to go on right now is: http://www.rctech.net/events/clevela...yrulxray_3.jpg which doesn't help a whole lot.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Any type of oil. Place a drop in the hole before you screw in the screw. The oil acts as a barrier between the alum bulkhead and the Ti screw. Without the barrier, the metal properties will cause them to attract to one another in a process called cold fusion.

So that's why a buddy's been wrapping teflon tape around his TI screws

Anybody tried moving the cells forward a bit? most of the weight (cells and motor) are located at the rear, I was wondering if shifting the CG forward would help turn-in?
Old 03-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rough512
Anybody tried moving the cells forward a bit? most of the weight (cells and motor) are located at the rear, I was wondering if shifting the CG forward would help turn-in?
I have tried 3 FRONT and 3 REAR combo on the car and its very very nice to drive. It gives your more front traction and this helps you in making the car turn in easier (not necessary faster).

But in the end, i when back to the original 3+3 saddle pack config and found it to be a more balance car.

Just my cheap 0.02 advice
Old 03-26-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Lola 190mm body

Where can I find a 190mm Lola style body.....?
Old 03-27-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Lola 190mm body

Originally posted by vadn1
Where can I find a 190mm Lola style body.....?
Is it available??
Old 03-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by psbarger
I thought I had my short arm conversion complete but the cars been sitting in peices for a while. Tonight I was putting the servo back in and it doesn't seem to fit right. I want to make the servo arm parallel with the the top plate, but it seems that the only way I can make it right is to cut off part of the arm on the case of the my servo. Is this the only way to make the servo fit right? The only picture I've got to go on right now is: http://www.rctech.net/events/clevela...yrulxray_3.jpg which doesn't help a whole lot.
You'll need to trim the bottom front servo tab so it will fit over the suspension parts. Or get some nylon blocks that you can custom drill to mount. I used some associated rc10 bocks and it works fine.
Old 03-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rough512
So that's why a buddy's been wrapping teflon tape around his TI screws

I shifted the left side cells forward one slot. It made the transition into a corner more predictable by shifting less mass forward. Since more mass is already on the front tires, there is less to transition to the front.

Basically makes it smoother from power on to power off.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by sands
You'll need to trim the bottom front servo tab so it will fit over the suspension parts. Or get some nylon blocks that you can custom drill to mount. I used some associated rc10 bocks and it works fine.
Great, thanks for the confirmation before I hack up my KO servo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.