Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

o, sorry i meant the original t1 nd the evo2 not the t1r. sorry.
Thanks
Old 12-21-2003, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by blue micro
o, sorry i meant the original t1 nd the evo2 not the t1r. sorry.
Thanks
The main differences between the T1 and the Evo 2 are the chassis (evo 2 has 12 battery slots, is more flexible, has adjustable bulkheads. Some small differences include steering with more ackerman choices, slightly shorter suspension arms and chubs if you get the FOC kit. All parts are interchangeable so you can add what you want and make the car suit your purposes. I think we posted all this before, what more do you need to know?
Old 12-21-2003, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone know of a editable setup sheet for these cars? Before I go hog wild and make a editable one I wanted to check.....

I assume most of you guys are running saddle packs...anyone have any luck with them on the left or right only?

Thanks !!
Old 12-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by ultragraffics
Does anyone know of a editable setup sheet for these cars? Before I go hog wild and make a editable one I wanted to check.....

I assume most of you guys are running saddle packs...anyone have any luck with them on the left or right only?

Thanks !!
we tried it once where we race... but problem is there will be more weight on one side than the other... the kits designed to have side by side batts has the motor as a counterweight on the other side, while the xray has the motor at the center... this posts a problem since the side opposite the batts would be lighter... its like what they did with the atlas kit... difficult to set-up...
Old 12-22-2003, 01:24 AM
Tech Regular

how do u guys put ur batteries in your car?

i have my left batteries 2 slots up from the back. i was told it helps with weight distribution.

where bouts do u guys and what does it do. does it help with any handling?
Old 12-22-2003, 06:40 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by ultragraffics

Thanks !!
I made an editable setup sheet for the Xray Evo2 with c-hub suspension. I will take a few seconds to load, because I didnt vectorize all the graphics on the xray setup sheet but it works perfectly. Here's the link to the setup sheet:

http://www.msra-racing.com/pdf/Xray-evo2-chub.pdf
Old 12-22-2003, 06:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if you have the full version of adobe acrobat you will be able to save these setups to your hard drive. But, if you only have the reader, you can only print out a copy of the setup sheet that you just made.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the info guys. I do have the full versio of ADOBE and use it alot. Didnt know if anyone had one made. Thanks a ton...

Looks like I will be running saddle packs... oh well.. These looks to be muchbetter than the XX4 saddle packs..
Old 12-22-2003, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Matt04
how do u guys put ur batteries in your car?

i have my left batteries 2 slots up from the back. i was told it helps with weight distribution.

where bouts do u guys and what does it do. does it help with any handling?
well most of us place our saddle packs at the back, but a few racers did your batt configuration... that is the configuration of the old corally cars...

well basically your config gives you more front traction...
Old 12-22-2003, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Moving the weight more forward with also reduce the amount of weight transfer to the front during corner entry. This is a bit counter intuitive, but when there is more weight on the front to start with, there is less to transfer to the front.

So moving the bats forward is like running more positive rear droop.

Personally I have the batts all the way back, with about 1.5 mm droop using the "hold the tires down and lift the chassis" method. (about page 179 or so has a description)

I find that it is very sensitive to droop changes - I may move one side up one or two slots to see what it does. Then again I might just add a bit more rear toe to reduce the corner entry twitchyness.

I also haven't tried to move the rear wheels all the way back yet. Probably the easiest to change so I think I'll try this next.

Sorry - just thinking as I'm writing.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default testing

test
Old 12-22-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Xray Carpet Setup

I am getting an Xray for Christmas and was wondering if anyone has a setup for indoor carpet. Also, should I use the adjustable or locked pistons?

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Use the Lopez setup on page like 178 or 177 under PUCHO and make changes from there.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Bobby please tell your dad I dont have your number. Ask Him to call me..
Rafito
Old 12-22-2003, 08:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default rafito

hey whats up man? My dad says he doesnt have your number either if u want you can shoot him an email at [email protected]

peace
Bobby Llantin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.