Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Old 12-11-2001, 08:34 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore
New parts ! Looks good and it does need extra holes between the stock ones.
Anyone noticed the lack of the lower screw holding the rear damper plate on? Is this laziness or am I missing something?
Old 12-11-2001, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Baudler, My teammate Didi just won a national stock series in Indonesia. He just started RC about 18 months ago!! during the series (10 race over 1 year period) he can beat much more experience driver than he is. Offcourse, he has a lot of talents, but his Xray also support him.

I started to play RC about 14 months ago and after I changed to Xray, believe it or not I become a much better driver now!

I have driven AE TC3 and Losi IWC Streetweapon in the past.
Compare to my Xray:
Less time and efford to rebuild and to maintain the car, very adjustable and durable.
During the national series, what I have replaced is only the belt (3-4 times) and the upper graphite bumper, the rest is still from the box and still in good condition.

Old 12-11-2001, 09:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by xray
My teammate Didi just won a national stock series in Indonesia. He just started RC about 18 months ago!! during the series (10 race over 1 year period) he can beat much more experience driver than he is. Offcourse, he has a lot of talents, but his Xray also support him.

I started to play RC about 14 months ago and after I changed to Xray, believe it or not I become a much better driver now!
Yes.... both MissX and xray are very good and potential driver. We'll compete again in 2002 nats.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by dtm

Anyone noticed the lack of the lower screw holding the rear damper plate on? Is this laziness or am I missing something?

Maybe the owner of that car does not install the screw there to allow for some added flex.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:55 PM
Tech Initiate

RC Cadet...the ball suspension use to do this. Therefore there are the duraluminum small nuts that are very easily tighten and you eliminate any play. On the king-pin style once you get a play, you have to change the suspension.
And the drastical weather change can be also something that helped it.

I also noticed you are racing on "street". In this case you give bearings a hard lecture )
The design of the car is for competition (asphalt tracks or carpet). It was not tested at standard street asphalt but the amount of dust will definitely not help the smooth operation of transmission. Therefore I am sure after you run on street, the transmission and bearings NEED to be cleaned. And until you have a car that has transmission closed, I think most cars would need such carefull cleaning.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:56 PM
Tech Initiate

I did not use a smile icon in the previous post, so I do not know why it appeared there...hm.
Old 12-11-2001, 10:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Baudler... I think especially experienced drivers will enjoy all the smart design and setting possibilities especially when they come from another type of chassis, they realise all the possibilities and new open ways. This is a luxury and top competition car and its design was made for this purpose.

Though if you are a beginner, I would not absolutely be afraid. I can claim T1 is one of the most easy to assembly car in the street (you do not need to finish any parts, even the plastic parts come already trimed). Though the setting might be overhelming in the beginning but if you just set the car according the exhaustive set-up book for basic set-up you will be able to enjoy the run and than step by step learn all the small things that will make you better.
I can also claim the T1 is one of the most rigid cars so you will not need so many spare parts. Also the car is fully optioned, so when you want to change something, you do not need to invest into new parts.

At some races we visit I have some very young guys whos first cars are T1 and they do not have any problems, they neither needed almost any spare part and now they use to beat also more experienced drivers...so this was for me a nice experience to see the very beginners can enjoy the car as well and was positively amazed by the very fast improvements they made.
Old 12-11-2001, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Mario, You typed in : and then o

When you type those together that smile icon automatically appears. Click on the smile icons next time you reply to a post, and you will see what keys you need to type to get that icon to show up, then you will see.

= :+o
Old 12-11-2001, 10:10 PM
Tech Initiate

dtm...I made a new forum at myTSN dedicated "where to get parts" so now the postings about spares should be addressed separately and not to bother others.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Mario,

Daniz24 is the Modified Champion in Indonesia with perfect score 300 unbeatable in every race. This guy is really good, I would say he is in top 5 in South East Asia. Currently he is confused of what car to choose for next year's series. He is thinking of getting Tamiya TRF 414 or Xray with side battery configuration. Perhaps you can tell him why Xray is a better choice.

Daniz24 since you are here, you can ask Mario directly.
Remember I'll be driving the new Xray to catch you next year.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by mario
RC Cadet...I also noticed you are racing on "street". In this case you give bearings a hard lecture
Mario: You're right about the racing surface, it is actually a prepared parking lot. I will service the bearings between rounds if I have to. When the car is prepared properly it out performs the others.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:23 PM
Tech Adept

One more to add! He suprised many people during the Tamiya Cup in Bangkok, few months ago.
If I remember right, he finished 4th overall on main A.
No.1 is Surikan a Tamiya team driver.

On our track in Bandung, Indonesia, this guy can beat Surikan best lap record!!

So, if anybody looking for team driver in SE Asia, this guy is definitely on the top list!!

Go, Danny go!!!
Old 12-11-2001, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

MissX and XRAY: I read the race report...congratulations on your success!
Old 12-12-2001, 01:32 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you RC Cadet,

I just want to share with you all that I sacrificed so much for RC this year. I have missed three of my friends wedding because I had to race on Saturday or Sunday. I have raced twice in a very bad flu condition, I don't know if I'll be able to do it again next year. The point is you must not skip a race in the national series, or you will lose your rank. Not too mention my wife who suddenly felt left off because I touched my Xray every night more than her. BTW most of my RC friends are having the same situation with wives, are you guys?

I admire Daniz24 who never missed his modified race series and always won the 1st place. Don't forget to find a girlfriend Dan
Old 12-12-2001, 02:51 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by mario
dtm...I made a new forum at myTSN dedicated "where to get parts" so now the postings about spares should be addressed separately and not to bother others.
Thanks Mario. BTW spare parts is really not an issue anymore in Hong Kong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.