Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: rubberneck bumper

Originally posted by rc-zombies
there's a couple of pics on the previous page.
Thanks Zombie, they look good, time to order
Old 06-25-2003, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: rubberneck bumper

Originally posted by Elk666
Hi guys, can someone that has a rubberneck bumper please post a pic.
i've asked Kevin to send me 1 but i'm still waiting for it (the pic.) i want to get his bumper from what you guys were saying about it, it sounds good but i want to see a pic first.
thanks
Sorry for not sending you an email, I thought I told ya I would post it here, but I didn't, again sorry for the delay...

Kevin

PS: Thanks RC-ZOMBIES for the help...
Old 06-25-2003, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

my dad is having to mill these screws out, they are really in there lol. we tried the flathead trickon one of em, that was a no no, it did not work lol.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cypress Midwest -Call me tomorrow at work-I need to talk to you!! Something cool and I need your help!!

Ray

1-888-551-1044 toll free.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Wink Everybody Call Ray!

Originally posted by rayhuang
Cypress Midwest -Call me tomorrow at work-I need to talk to you!! Something cool and I need your help!!

Ray

1-888-551-1044 toll free.
Let's call Ray and ask him about the secret cool stuff he's got going with CypressMidWest. j/k I couldn't resist.....
Old 06-25-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Better have your secret decoder ring handy when you call!!!

Actually I may be in need of his golden pipes to do some announcing for me!!!
Old 06-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Ok guys!

I need your help.I need a good rubber/ carpet setup.Where I will be racing will be running rubber tires.If you have a good setup,please help me!

Old 06-25-2003, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Racenut, I race on a weekly basis at a carpet track on rubber tires. The absolute best rubber tires for carpet racing are the Take-Off 27's. Also, you will definetly need to use traction compound otherwise your car will be impossible to control regardless of your setup. Make sure you put on traction compound 5 minutes before going onto the track. When you're on the track, you can actually feel the traction compound slowly wearing off every lap you complete. Whatever your ride height is set at your an asphalt surface, lower the front and rear by 1mm, I reccomend 4mm in the front and 5mm in the rear. For springs, I use whites in the front and yellows in the rear and I have the adjustable shock dampening set in the middle for front and rear. Make sure you have 1.5 degrees of toe in on the rear wheels and negative 1 degrees camber. For the front I use .5 degrees toe in and negative 1 degrees camber. I have the bottom shock mounting positions for front and rear set at the stock position reccomended by the manual, however the front upper shock positions are in the middle and the rear upper shock positions is the middle row and the 3rd hole from the outside.

Wow, that was a pretty messy setup I just typed up, haha. I should really compile all of this onto a setup sheet.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Accord
Racenut, I race on a weekly basis at a carpet track on rubber tires. The absolute best rubber tires for carpet racing are the Take-Off 27's. Also, you will definetly need to use traction compound otherwise your car will be impossible to control regardless of your setup. Make sure you put on traction compound 5 minutes before going onto the track. When you're on the track, you can actually feel the traction compound slowly wearing off every lap you complete. Whatever your ride height is set at your an asphalt surface, lower the front and rear by 1mm, I reccomend 4mm in the front and 5mm in the rear. For springs, I use whites in the front and yellows in the rear and I have the adjustable shock dampening set in the middle for front and rear. Make sure you have 1.5 degrees of toe in on the rear wheels and negative 1 degrees camber. For the front I use .5 degrees toe in and negative 1 degrees camber. I have the bottom shock mounting positions for front and rear set at the stock position reccomended by the manual, however the front upper shock positions are in the middle and the rear upper shock positions is the middle row and the 3rd hole from the outside.

Wow, that was a pretty messy setup I just typed up, haha. I should really compile all of this onto a setup sheet.
Accord- racenut is here in no-cal, the track is in door of course, and it's about 1 hr drive south of SF, and the room temp is about 75, the carpet is a little furry, but flat. The track recomends 5 mm ride height. Tire wise works good in Gilroy are Sorex 28 in the front, and 24 in the rear, and using red hpi inserts. So far those combination of tires and insert works the best, but Take off's 22 will work better then the 27 over here. The size of this track is as big as a "Ice Skating Ring" And so far I have been finishing top 3 in a while, and TQ 2 times, and won 2 times.

Well, what wt oil are you using in your shocks, and how many hole open, are you using front and rear sway bars, and what about one-ways? Any other info would be help full, Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ray: Check your voicemail at work. I left you a triple encrypted, double ciphered, super secret message.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by milf
Accord- racenut is here in no-cal, the track is in door of course, and it's about 1 hr drive south of SF, and the room temp is about 75, the carpet is a little furry, but flat. The track recomends 5 mm ride height. Tire wise works good in Gilroy are Sorex 28 in the front, and 24 in the rear, and using red hpi inserts. So far those combination of tires and insert works the best, but Take off's 22 will work better then the 27 over here. The size of this track is as big as a "Ice Skating Ring" And so far I have been finishing top 3 in a while, and TQ 2 times, and won 2 times.

Well, what wt oil are you using in your shocks, and how many hole open, are you using front and rear sway bars, and what about one-ways? Any other info would be help full, Thanks in advance.
What track is this? Is this the Ripon track?
Old 06-26-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by RCInfinity
What track is this? Is this the Ripon track?
Oh, no. It's the Gilroy, Ca., that's Hobby World, it's 11,000 sq ft. Ripon is about 1 hr and 15 min east of SF, and Gilroy is 1 hr south of SF.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm running the normal 30wt stock oil in front and rear shocks, I have two holes open in the pistons, I am using only a rear swaybar, no front swaybar, and I am running a solid axle in the front with a solid layshaft and a rear ball diff. Using a one way is really a matter of personal preference and the type of track you're at... if you're on a very large wide open track then a one way is probably going to be your best bet, but on a small tight track with a lot of corners you'll probably want to run a diff in the front or a solid axle. Remember though, ALWAYS use a solid layshaft when using a front one day diff, and in some cases it should be used with a solid axle but not always.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Accord
I'm running the normal 30wt stock oil in front and rear shocks, I have two holes open in the pistons, I am using only a rear swaybar, no front swaybar, and I am running a solid axle in the front with a solid layshaft and a rear ball diff. Using a one way is really a matter of personal preference and the type of track you're at... if you're on a very large wide open track then a one way is probably going to be your best bet, but on a small tight track with a lot of corners you'll probably want to run a diff in the front or a solid axle. Remember though, ALWAYS use a solid layshaft when using a front one day diff, and in some cases it should be used with a solid axle but not always.
Cool, at this time I'm waiting for my new pulley set for the T1R, and once I get those in, I'll be running it. So far my car is pretty dialed, but need a little tunning, like you mentioned every track is different. And I have to tune it to my driving, but just getting some info, seeing what other drivers are doing.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Oh, no. It's the Gilroy, Ca., that's Hobby World, it's 11,000 sq ft. Ripon is about 1 hr and 15 min east of SF, and Gilroy is 1 hr south of SF.
Must be a new track. Do they have a website with pics? I'd love to check it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.