Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ahh we fell back to the second page.

Ayways I just wanted to say that I finish 1st last night in the A-main and in one of the heats. I even beat my motor builder. It was some good racing. I was only off TQ by about a half lap. Not too bad for the 3rd time out with the car. All I can say is that I love this car.

However I need some inut on getting rid of some push on power. I closed up 3 holes on the pistons and stood the shocks up and put them in the outside hole on the tower. I also tighted the front diff up. I'm running the white springs that came with the kit, because I sold my TC3 and all of my springs for that car.

Would putting the oneway layshaft on help. I know I could put my spool in and get some steering, but I would like to try something different. Keep in mind I don't have any extra springs yet. I need to get paid. Please give me some ideas. Thanks...
Old 04-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Hello Xray owners ,

I run a C4 right now but am finding that the corally rear hinge pins bend with the slightest tap of the boards. I know that the Xray diff's fit the C4 (will be getting them soon) and am hoping that the Xray pins will fit too. Could one of you guys please do a quick measurement (length and width) of the rear hinge pins for me?

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Weird noise

When i turn my x-ray in a circle the rear end makes an oscillating noise like ehh eh silence eh ehh slilence eh ehh. Also i have on power oversteer but i'm not diffing out. Anybody have any solutions to this????????????
Old 04-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Fatdoggy,
The rear hinge pin is 64x3mm. There is also a flat spot for a set screw.

-Headbanger
Old 04-27-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Kickarse, they'll fit perfectly.

Thanks for the help Headbanger.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

warlord385,

I'm guessing it could be your diff. Try propping the car up on a stand and pull the throttle a little and then grab one of the rear wheels and listen to exactly where the noise is coming from.

Also make sure you don't have any debris in your drivetrain.

-Headbanger
Old 04-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by warlord385
Weird noise

When i turn my x-ray in a circle the rear end makes an oscillating noise like ehh eh silence eh ehh slilence eh ehh. Also i have on power oversteer but i'm not diffing out. Anybody have any solutions to this????????????
Difficult to tell, is it like a squeeking noise? If your diff still works, check for a seized bearing. Also, check your front universals and see if they aren't broken, or your front outdrives for wear. These two conditions would cause problems in a turn based on your description.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Well the thing is that it was making that noise before i replace all the bearings with acer polyamide bearings, new front universas with hudy spring steel axles and i rebuilt the diff using carbide nitride balls so everything you mentioned i have changed completely and it still makes that noise. Help please?????????
Old 04-27-2003, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Did you try putting the car on a stand and listening where the noise is coming from?
Are your belts and pulleys clean?
Adjust your diffs correctly?
Look at your diff's thrust balls?

-Headbanger
Old 04-28-2003, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, can someone recommend a gearing setup for my t1 (original t1 with alu c-hub conversion), i'm running a monster stock.
so far i've been using the stock gearing that came with my t1 99spur, 24pinion wich gives me a final 7.70 ratio
i'm pretty happy with this but if i can improve i'd be even happier
thanks for feedbacks
Old 04-28-2003, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Elk666
Hi guys, can someone recommend a gearing setup for my t1 (original t1 with alu c-hub conversion), i'm running a monster stock.
so far i've been using the stock gearing that came with my t1 99spur, 24pinion wich gives me a final 7.70 ratio
thanks for feedbacks
I've got the EVO2 w/Alum. C-hubs..I ran the Monster stock with 120 spur / 40 pinion...64p. final drive of about 6.38
motor was not too hot to touch...track is Speedworld.
I think it could of handled 41t pinion...
Old 04-28-2003, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Elk666
99spur, 24pinion wich gives me a final 7.70 ratio
thanks for feedbacks
ooops my mistake, final drive ratio is 8.77 the motor gets quite hot after a pack
i have tried a combo of 87/28 and i didn't really like it, the car seemed to not have the power of the previous setup i had so i switched back to 99/24
Old 04-28-2003, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I've got the EVO2 w/Alum. C-hubs..I ran the Monster stock with 120 spur / 40 pinion...64p. final drive of about 6.38
motor was not too hot to touch...track is Speedworld.
I think it could of handled 41t pinion...
Jeeze, im suprized you didn't burn it up even more... I was running a 124/38 and it was warm to the touch after 5 minute quals on carpet. Im switching to a 120/34-36 for asphalt racing (thanks Jimmy) I have yet to see what it can do, but soon...probably this weekend at the ORL challenge.

BTW, you guys have any secrets on building shocks or go right from the instruction manual? I did what it says and I always get some push back on the shock shaft. They never have air in them so tell me if I have to rebuild and another procedure so they do not push back.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Devin
Jeeze, im suprized you didn't burn it up even more... I was running a 124/38 and it was warm to the touch after 5 minute quals on carpet. Im switching to a 120/34-36 for asphalt racing (thanks Jimmy) I have yet to see what it can do, but soon...probably this weekend at the ORL challenge.

BTW, you guys have any secrets on building shocks or go right from the instruction manual? I did what it says and I always get some push back on the shock shaft. They never have air in them so tell me if I have to rebuild and another procedure so they do not push back.
Oopss.. I made a boo boo...that was for a P2K2.. I would probably gear the monster the same as Jimmy's recommendation.

I built my shocks with the GS silicone bladders instead of the stock blacks one...for the stock bladders tend to leak. the GS bladders..it's virtually leak free and has lots of rebound to it.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default No racing

Unfortunately I cannot give any feed back on the T1R. I was not able to race this past weekend. I did get the car finished up last night and it seems very nice.

A friend quit running his EVO2 (c-hub car) and is only running his new T1R. Says the car is faster????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.