Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That does seem a bit high...I thought it would come in around 220ish.. What do I know...it was just a guess of mine. People that drove it say they love it....what a great way to get an xray for cheaper than a Evo II kit.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

$220 was the street price I was qouted also. Ralph said $225.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

That is very affordable for those who can't pay for an Evo2.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys,

I am very interested in the new T1R. Do any of you know if Associated TC3 springs will fit this car?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Old 03-28-2003, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

AE springs fit the evo2, but a little bit shorter then xray springs. will just need a little more preload
Old 03-28-2003, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Talking Hello Everybody?

I guess some of you might know me as the guy behind Team Fuku. I just wanted to show my appearance and say "HI" to ya'll.

Jimmy
Old 03-28-2003, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rayhuang

Guys,

Are the arms used in the #30 0900 composite C-hub suspension kit the exact same arms as in the older Aluminum C-hub kit? Are they the same material or are they softer plastic?

I was going to order it as my "spares" for the suspension system. I hate to use Serpent and Cheap in the same sentence-but its "cheap" to buy!!!!

Thanks,
Ray [/B]
Hi Ray,

The Lower Arms for that comes with the 300900 are the same as the Alu C-hub ones. The part # is 302150. They're of "Soft" composites. Works really well for all types of tracks. Hope this helps.

Jimmy
Old 03-28-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: THRUST WASHERS

Originally posted by SPACEBOY
DOES ANYONE HAVE A PART NUMBER OR KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THE THRUST WASHERS FOR THE DIFF'S?

Part number# 309070

Jimmy
Old 03-28-2003, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Ray...

I'm just worried about the amount of flex on the composit C-hubs and soft arms. For Carpet you'd want it fairly stiff...I have the aluminum C-hubs and there is still some flex on the arms..now I'm waiting for the Med. Arms to be released. I find the aluminum ones more durable. may cost more but worth it. my 2centabos.
I'll have your med shipped by early next week.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Scrad
I've told you guys all along that the 2003 version has both suspension options. That is the kit that I have...

Anyways I raced my xray last night for the first time. I ran Mod. All I can say is damn it was fast, almost too fast for the track layout last night. The drivetran is soooo smooth. I could'nt get the car to slow down enough. It would coast all the way down the straights almost. I'm a drag brake person and I can't use the trigger for breaking very well. So I'm going to make the xray my rubber stock car for next week. The setup I used was pretty close, but since I'll be switching I'll have to change it around. So I'm very pleased with the car and my TC3 will be sold here shortly. That car is a piece, compared to the xray IMO.

What is the part number for the spring steel hex hubs you guys were talking about? I know you said something about getting rear only or something, because the front is not needed. I'll be selling my TC3, so I'll be buying parts for the xray. Anything you guys suggest. I think I'll be getting a spring package and a roll center bridge for sure.
Scrad,

Sorry for the late reply, but if you're running the C-hub then you'll need the the rear spring steel hub up in the front instead of the front hub because it's longer. Part # 305315

Jimmy
Old 03-29-2003, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

I have a quick question for you guys. What final drive ratios are you all using. I have an original T1 and the kit comes with a 93t spur and a 24t pinion which gives you a final drive of 8.2344. This seems a bit low to me. I am planning to convert to 64 pitch spur gears and was just wondering if I should try and match this ratio or do I need to drop this down closer to a 7.0 final drive ratio. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Caddzilla
I have a quick question for you guys. What final drive ratios are you all using. I have an original T1 and the kit comes with a 93t spur and a 24t pinion which gives you a final drive of 8.2344. This seems a bit low to me. I am planning to convert to 64 pitch spur gears and was just wondering if I should try and match this ratio or do I need to drop this down closer to a 7.0 final drive ratio. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
The final drive ratio is dependent on the type of motor you are running, track conditions, track type, driving style, etc. It's a good idea to have an assortment of pinions to choose from. If you go to a 64pitch gears, you will have more fine tuning of your car. Do you race your car?
Old 03-29-2003, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

I guess I left some info out of my post. I race stock class with a P2K2 Pro motor, outdoor on asphault. I haven't raced the car as yet, still waiting on a few parts that are on back order. I do race and run in the Florida electric state series. SInce we travel to a number of tracks all over the state, and we don't always get a chance to practice before the first round of qualifing. I guess what I was asking was is this a good place to start or is there a better ratio to start with. I just switched from a Yokomo special to the Xray.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
I'll have your med shipped by early next week.
Jimmy...

Hope you have a set for me too..DrTechno...prompised me a set. He'll tell you who I am
could use the front and rear composite bumper too.

thanks,
Old 03-29-2003, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Jimmy...

Hope you have a set for me too..DrTechno...prompised me a set. He'll tell you who I am
could use the front and rear composite bumper too.

thanks,
You betcha! We'll have it sent on Monday.

Jimmy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.