Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

I have a few on backorder like, front upper wishbone piviot pin, the small pit towel, front and rear spring steel wheel axels and the aluminum shock bodies.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by JBrake
Yeah like, Front and Rear body mounts, Pin cushions, 2.5 Upper Deck, Rear Spring Steel Wheel Axles, Wide Bumper, and a Pit Towel
I am pretty sure ashfordbby.com has some of those parts in stock. I just ordered the wide bumper, lower arms and he had the spring steel axles-though I didnt buy them.

Also-although it might take a little longer-I can probably get you guys a T1r for a good price through one of my good friends!! Take maybe 10 days. But I know us RC racers Hate waiting for anything-I know I do!!!

Ray
Old 03-27-2003, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For those looking for spare parts...check ebay...
there's plenty of new parts available. or try
Stormer Hobbies...they alot of parts in stock.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I also found that teamfuku.com general has parts in stock at a reasonable price. ANd he is very prompt in sending stuff as well
Old 03-27-2003, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Rear swaybars for front use...

I was experimenting last night with the rear sway bars and see if they will work for the front...and yes they will.

You can mount the swaybar mounting hardware on the 2 screws holding the upper bumper to the bulkheads. and mount the ball on the available hole on the back side of the front arm. The arm btw is the C-hub arm...haven't check with the PB arm yet.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Looks like people are looking for parts. Is the Xray site all out?
Old 03-27-2003, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I bought the solid alum layshaft and cannot wait to put it in!!

When I ran the first coule packs I kept tightening the shaft one-way to stop the free wheeling as I felt it made the car feel inconsistent off-power. But when I locked it down-I picked up a slight on-power push. not bad-just a little!! A friend who ran one of these for awhile said put the solid layshaft on and that feeling will go away immediately-YEAH!!! I love this car!!!
Old 03-27-2003, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayhuang
I bought the solid alum layshaft and cannot wait to put it in!!

When I ran the first coule packs I kept tightening the shaft one-way to stop the free wheeling as I felt it made the car feel inconsistent off-power. But when I locked it down-I picked up a slight on-power push. not bad-just a little!! A friend who ran one of these for awhile said put the solid layshaft on and that feeling will go away immediately-YEAH!!! I love this car!!!
I agree with the results of the solid layshaft. I didn't have the on-power push you had though.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCInfinity
Looks like people are looking for parts. Is the Xray site all out?
Just seems that they are out of stock of a lot of things. I ordered directly from Serpent USA and only got half of my $200 order. I have yet to brake anything on the car, just wanting tuning stuff and spares. I'm glad I'm not waiting on parts to be able to run the car.

Ray, I felt the same way about running the top shaft loose. Makes the car too inconsistent. The solid top shaft is super light also, maybe even half the weight of the slipper top shaft?
Old 03-27-2003, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sounds like the solid top shaft is the way to go.

ray, when i first started running my xray on carpet i was doing the same thing you did i kept tightening the top shaft and found i like it with the oneway almost locked down completly so i will probaly go for the solid shaft for next season.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:19 AM
Tech Adept

I went with the solid top shaft as well. I read somewhere that because of less rotating mass you get quicker acceleration. I haven't goten to try it out yet, still waiting on a couple of parts so I can get the car on the track and start testing some setups.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCCadet
What took you so long to hop on here Devin, I've seen you on the other dry forums.
I dunno...i forgot about this site for a while... It def has the most action for X-ray though.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have the solid alum midshaft and it's great if you do not use the one way mid pulley at all. I run a front One way so I had no need for it. The only bad thing is that there is only a certain # of spur gears you can pick from. The Kimbroughs fit fine but robinson racing gears you have to drill holes.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey guys Jimmy from teamfuku contacted me and said he will be getting the T1R here next week and you can reserve one for $259. Thought I'd let you know.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Scrad, the $$ is kind of high. Though, I am pretty sure it includes shipping. I have worked with Jimmy in the past for getting parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.