Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

Double jump. Wish him a happy one. Bought my daughter a micro for her b-day last year so she could race with daddy
Old 12-11-2002, 06:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Originally posted by RC Nitro
Double jump. Wish him a happy one. Bought my daughter a micro for her b-day last year so she could race with daddy
Thanks!!! I will do that!!! I bought to my son a quite new Xpress mk3 last summer and he enjoyed it a lot and now we practised together our club track. My daughter is 5 mounth old now, but maybe i bought also a micro to her in future.....
Old 12-11-2002, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

hey guys i have a micro rs4 and am thinking of getting a xray t1 because i would like to expand my collection, and race something bigger. its used but seems to be in pretty good shape, the guy who is selling it takes great care of his stuff because ive seen his other cars. he wants $200 for it and it has a couple hop-ups on it and he said hed throw in a Quantum Competition for $100 more.i thought this was a great deal but i figured i ask you guys first. is there anything i should look for on it? ill ask him what hopups it has next time i see him.
Thanks
Old 12-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

blue micro if the car is in top shape and i mean top shape its worth the 200 he wants but 100 clams for the speedo is a little steep for me. should be able to get that lrp used for 75 but thats my 2 cents for what its worth
Old 12-14-2002, 10:20 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi everyone

I just recently purchased an Xray Evo2. I'm really excited about this car and looking forward to running it at our track this coming season. I race on a 130 x 55 medium bite asphalt track, and Im looking for a setup for that track using the c-hub conversion F & R. Our track tends to be more technical than fast corners.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 12-14-2002, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have just got the new front shocktower for on my Xray and its gonna make it miles easier running it on foams as you can set the ride height far better. Also i have the new inbetween springs as well. Rick
Old 12-14-2002, 07:11 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Carpet

what are you guys running on carpet with foam tires?
Old 12-14-2002, 07:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Do you guys cut down your foam tires or run them right out of the box? I see alot a people doing this and I'm wondering if its worth the time and money.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2002, 07:48 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You definately need to cut the tires before you run them. Out of the box they are generally not very straight and they are too big. They should be cut down to about 60mm.
Old 12-14-2002, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hey can any of u give me a good setup for the evo 2 on foams. carpet track. im running plaid fronts, purple rears. i dont know where to start on this car as it is a deck car. i have used my tc3 for all racing and now im starting to experiment with this one. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

I am contemplating buying an Evo2 but can someone with experience with this kit please answer a few questions:

1. Is the center pulley adjustable to give perminent 4WD or will there always be some one-way action?

2. I have read that the C-hub conversion is only used for tight technical tracks or carpet. Is this true and are the C-hubs a necessary addition?

3. Is the rear camberlink bridge included in the Evo2 kit or is this a additional option.

I race on a tight slippery indoor track in stock. Is there anything I should do the the Evo-2 kit, or any additional extras I would need to hook up to these conditions?

Thanks in advance for any advise and help.

Yorkie
Old 12-15-2002, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

What are the things (option parts) that you think have the most bang for the bucks for the evo2 ?
I've been thinking of getting an evo2 for X-mas.
Old 12-15-2002, 07:02 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by redsand
What are the things (option parts) that you think have the most bang for the bucks for the evo2 ?
I've been thinking of getting an evo2 for X-mas.
1. Front one way (not for everyone but once you figured it, it is essential!! )

2. C hub conversion....without a doubt makes the biggest handling difference of all options......
Old 12-15-2002, 07:05 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Yorkie
Hi Guys,

I am contemplating buying an Evo2 but can someone with experience with this kit please answer a few questions:

1. Is the center pulley adjustable to give perminent 4WD or will there always be some one-way action?

2. I have read that the C-hub conversion is only used for tight technical tracks or carpet. Is this true and are the C-hubs a necessary addition?

3. Is the rear camberlink bridge included in the Evo2 kit or is this a additional option.

I race on a tight slippery indoor track in stock. Is there anything I should do the the Evo-2 kit, or any additional extras I would need to hook up to these conditions?

Thanks in advance for any advise and help.

Yorkie
1. You can effectivly lock out the mid one way completely

2. I love the C hub conversion....completely changes the car.....for big tracks (European) this may not be necessary.

3. No, but its pretty cheap anyway

Get rid of the original flex upper deck. The response of the car will be much more sensitive with the original T1 stiff upper deck. Good for small tracks.
Old 12-15-2002, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply.

So what exactly does the C-hub conversion do to the handling of the car? What is the cost of the conversion??
If I go for the Xray I will be ordering form Hong Kong.
In the UK it is still far too expensive.

Yorkie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.