Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 01:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Team Xray guys!

i don't have the Xray yet coz of its prize but this i tell u...i love this kit. its technologically advance and its manual & setup books...man they are the best. with the Evo 2 coming..and i hope someone at my place buying it (i hope kaikiok buying it) so i can see and touch it.

just my 5 cents
Old 08-14-2002, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Thanks

EA- Thanks for the reply. I have seen alot of the ecentric holders and was wandering about them. Ive read on this forum many drivers talking about how you can add camber change and roll center change with them. I think I will add them to my next list of hop-up parts, thanks. Im glad that I dont need the c-hubs just yet. I heard there very expensive. Cant wait to try the car out.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I might buy the car. No one around here runs the car so I would be on my own as far as set ups go. I can always come on this thread for help but you guys aren't there at the track. The car just looks sooooooo sweet and I would love to see how the car handles compared to my Losi. (Those are some big shoe's to fill)
How smooth are the diff's and the drive train?
Old 08-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Do you ever racve at socal?
Old 08-14-2002, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

I've never been to So Cal. Most of my sedan racing has been at Ripon and Speedorld. Are there alot of racer's running the Xray out there. I think that a friend of mine races up there and the last time I talked to him he ran a Xray. His name is Damon. If you know him tell him that Clint might finally put the Losi to the back up car just to try something else out.
Old 08-14-2002, 07:42 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Stylnst---The diffs are very smooth...about like a losi thats built right. The drivetrain on my car was smoother and free'er (is this a word?) than any xxxs at my track.

If you get the car dont worry about setups. The car comes with a tell all setup book (usually referred to as the Bible). The book is great and will really help you out alot since the car has so many adjustments and it explains pretty much all of them with color pics and all.

Hope this helps

eric a
Old 08-14-2002, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Stylnst---The diffs are very smooth...about like a losi thats built right. The drivetrain on my car was smoother and free'er (is this a word?) than any xxxs at my track.

If you get the car dont worry about setups. The car comes with a tell all setup book (usually referred to as the Bible). The book is great and will really help you out alot since the car has so many adjustments and it explains pretty much all of them with color pics and all.

Hope this helps

eric a
How has the stock set up worked for you? Do you do alot of racing on rubber or foam. We run all rubber in the electric classes out here. How's the accelleration out of the corners and off of the line? Thanks for your input.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Used to drive a xxx-s and now drive a EVO 2. Comparing the two gives me not only a feeling that the XRay is the lot faster car, but this also shows in the results. Especially the speed out of the corner is gret. In my opinion the result of the High Speed bearings and the well working belts. I drive the belts in stock set up which is pritty loose and close to how I used to drive the Losi belt.

By the way, the car works great with foams and rubber! Driving Take ofs SS-a gives a great amount of traction and the car is easy to set up. I am looking forward to the spring set, since the stockj whites are little bit to soft for me.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Arnoud
Used to drive a xxx-s and now drive a EVO 2. Comparing the two gives me not only a feeling that the XRay is the lot faster car, but this also shows in the results. Especially the speed out of the corner is gret. In my opinion the result of the High Speed bearings and the well working belts. I drive the belts in stock set up which is pritty loose and close to how I used to drive the Losi belt.

By the way, the car works great with foams and rubber! Driving Take ofs SS-a gives a great amount of traction and the car is easy to set up. I am looking forward to the spring set, since the stockj whites are little bit to soft for me.
Thanks for your input. How's the chassis tweak? The Losi never tweaked even on hard hits. Sorry for all of the questions that I've been asking but these are things I need to know before diving in.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Tweek:
As many times as I have hit the wall or been put into the wall I have no tweek in mine.
Old 08-15-2002, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Tweak can occur with hard impacts but is easily fixed, in most cases, by working with the top deck. Just loosen and secure the top deck till you work the tweak out. Make sure all other setting are neutral first.....I guess you would know about that already.

There are rare occasions when the same has to be done with the bulk heads and the chassis. I had to once....I survived a very hard broad side hit.

Last edited by RCCadet; 08-15-2002 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Clint, pick up the Xray. You will not be sorry. A guy like you will love to drive it. Sorry to hear about all your stuff getting ripped off. Anyhow, I haven't raced electric for a min, but I still run the xray. Trust me, you will not be sorry. The thing with the car is that all the tuning options that someone such as yourself can appreciate are there. You can buy additional options as you may feel necessary (front one way, c-hubs for indoor), but that is about it and even they aren't needed. Well maybe the front one-way. Anyhow, I am confident you would love the xray, especially the evo2. I have had the car since it first came out and only broke one part, bent a hinge pin. For those that race at Socal, you know that this is rare. Never had a problem with anything on the car was able to succesfully tune whatever I felt it needed. Never experienced any tweak( I checked everytime I took the car out on MIP or Xacto). Trus me Clint, all the people I know that have given up the Xray have done so to go to gas, or they were not very good tuners in the first place and gave up on the car.

Holla,

D

Last edited by damo; 08-15-2002 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

In extremely hard hits (hitting the first turn corner dot full speed, going about 3' in the air and slamming it into the outside wall when landing, etc...) I've tweaked it a little bit, but all I've ever had to do was loosen up all the bulkhead, topdeck, and shock tower screws, let it sit for about 5 minutes, then re-snug them. Good as new everytime. I've only busted one steering block, and I didn't glue my first chassis, so eventually it split apart at the front bumper.

As far as the car accelerating, I think the TC3 still has a slight advantage, but the XRay can usually carry more speed through the corner, and even the two out under acceleration. In Mod class, I think the XRay can accelerate as well as anything.

I run both rubber and foam, the car is absolutely great in both Mod and Stock foam, in rubber classes I think it could almost use a little more lateral chassis flex, but it's an extremely capable car as is.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Has anyone found a good setup for the Ozite with C hub f/r?

Can someone post a good set-up for carpet and C hub?
I havent ran the car yet but I am guessing the stock setup is close to spot on? Also what foams are you running would help me out also.
Thanx,
Shawn
Old 08-15-2002, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Shawn, did you buy the c-hubs??? I WANNA SEE!!! I haven't gone for them yet, I figure when I run all the d/r I can, and still need more steering travel, I'll buy them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.