Search
Like Tree5Likes

LOSI XXX-S, Tips and Tricks, Open Mod, etc

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Exclamation

There is a second longer tensioner arm that uses a larger pulley but finding them is kind of hard these days.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by quickta
are you going to try to make all of these pieces or just the gear adapter
I'm looking at making all the suspension mounts that are directly under the adapter in the pic, but not the long bar ones.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fathead
I'm looking at making all the suspension mounts that are directly under the adapter in the pic, but not the long bar ones.
In Aluminum ????
Old 02-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigfatslob
In Aluminum ????
I'm guessing Delrin, but Fathead can confirm...

I will have my MF (same as shown) rear blocks out this week so that they can become part of the XXX-S hop-up reproduction process .
Old 02-03-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Delrin to start but will look at aluminium later
Old 02-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Sample MF low rollcentre blocks arrived today from nf_ekt, so will get onto looking at these next week for you guys.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wish the FAQ sheet from the original XXXS thread was still around. Could be useful.

Last night was my third LHS race after coming back to the hobby since 2001. Before I stopped RC I traded a kid my newish Kinwald buggy for a brand new XXXS. Sort of a special one, too.

Davey Hamilton is racer from my hometown, and used to do some driving for Gil Losi Sr. back when he was messing around with Formula Vee and Indy cars. In '01, Davey had a bad wreck at Texas Motor Speedway and took sever leg and feet injuries. Gil Sr. sent Davey the car I ended up with, complete with the hand written note above on Sr's personal note paper. The kid I traded with was Davey Hamilton's cousin. Guess Davey didn't want the car... lol. He was probably too concerned about being able to walk again at the time.

I'm not running that car btw.... But I always loved the one belt chassis design complete with it's rather awkward look, so when I decided to get back into racing again I wanted a XXXS I could run regret free. Bought a couple off ebay and dove in with both feet. Won the VTA class last night on it's third outing. Now I'm considering running the 17.5 blinky class with my other one.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When will the spur adapter be ready for purchase?
Old 02-19-2015, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GhostTown
Wish the FAQ sheet from the original XXXS thread was still around. Could be useful.

Last night was my third LHS race after coming back to the hobby since 2001. Before I stopped RC I traded a kid my newish Kinwald buggy for a brand new XXXS. Sort of a special one, too.

Davey Hamilton is racer from my hometown, and used to do some driving for Gil Losi Sr. back when he was messing around with Formula Vee and Indy cars. In '01, Davey had a bad wreck at Texas Motor Speedway and took sever leg and feet injuries. Gil Sr. sent Davey the car I ended up with, complete with the hand written note above on Sr's personal note paper. The kid I traded with was Davey Hamilton's cousin. Guess Davey didn't want the car... lol. He was probably too concerned about being able to walk again at the time.

I'm not running that car btw.... But I always loved the one belt chassis design complete with it's rather awkward look, so when I decided to get back into racing again I wanted a XXXS I could run regret free. Bought a couple off ebay and dove in with both feet. Won the VTA class last night on it's third outing. Now I'm considering running the 17.5 blinky class with my other one.
So you are saying you have the "first" XXX-S ever produced for the masses? Not bad!
Old 02-20-2015, 08:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
So you are saying you have the "first" XXX-S ever produced for the masses? Not bad!
I should be perfectly clear and say that I have a note, with a Gil Losi Sr signature that matches another Gil Losi Sr signature that was signed in person by Sr himself for my buddy, that says it's the first. I know the kid I got it from was a Hamilton kid.

That's all I can truly verify.

Wish people were still interested in talking about these cars. I have a ton of questions.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I am looking for some wheels and tires for mine, which ones will work?
Old 02-21-2015, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GhostTown
I should be perfectly clear and say that I have a note, with a Gil Losi Sr signature that matches another Gil Losi Sr signature that was signed in person by Sr himself for my buddy, that says it's the first. I know the kid I got it from was a Hamilton kid.

That's all I can truly verify.

Wish people were still interested in talking about these cars. I have a ton of questions.
People still are, which is why this thread has been going fairly strong once again. Probably best to read through the old posts as much as possible. Fathead has parts in the works based on original MF bits (me and Skaterdeez supplied the OG parts) and we are pretty stoked to get the production parts when ready. And don't forget that Josh has the repro belts. Stuff like this is being made because there is interest
Old 02-21-2015, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Larcor69
I am looking for some wheels and tires for mine, which ones will work?
Any and all. Might have to ream the centers out slightly but that's it. HPI VTA tires and wheels are all the rage
Old 02-22-2015, 04:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
People still are, which is why this thread has been going fairly strong once again. Probably best to read through the old posts as much as possible. Fathead has parts in the works based on original MF bits (me and Skaterdeez supplied the OG parts) and we are pretty stoked to get the production parts when ready. And don't forget that Josh has the repro belts. Stuff like this is being made because there is interest
Well Said!!!
Old 02-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default VTA asphalt

My VTA sealed / treated asphalt setup
2/14/15 2nd and 2/21/15 1st

===

XXX-S RTR

VTA

FRONT

toe - 0
RH - 5.5
camber - -1
droop - 2
arm space - .030 front
Pivit block - RTR
block - 0R (bottom)
front drive - spooler (used file card)
front diff - small pulley (41T)
axle - steel
tower - 3
tower - graphite
link - 2
arm - 2
shock spring - blue
oil- 50
piston - black

REAR

RH - 6.0
camber - -1
droop - 5
arm space - mdl
pivit block - RTR
block - 0R (top)
rear diff - small pulley (41T)
axle - alm
diff cover - graphite
tower - 2
tower - graphite
link - 4
hub - A
Hub - TC3 (drilled to fit pin)
arm - out
shock spring - silver
oil - 50
piston - black

spur - 86
pinion - 40
motor - Speed Passion V3 25.5
esc - Speed Passion GT2.1
battery - 4800 lipo shorty
battery - front
belt - Josh Howard <<< THE belt to have!!!!!!

Track(s)

Treated
http://www.t3t4webservice.com/qsl.html

Sealed
http://www.t3t4webservice.com/mann.html

Last edited by tmail55; 02-22-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.