Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class >

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Old 08-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
A modern pan car with a GT body and 3 port motor is a very fun package. It's not cheap to buy, but still a great package. This car well not look like a slow 4wd.
Bolting a Flash in a pan car for any reason should be unacceptable. If you're in the right place, a $10 body can be found, anywhere else $25 to $30. Who are you fooling?
Sell or dump your old engine on a not as rich 4wd racer and buy a new 3 port. This is good cheap fun racing that some of us have enjoyed already, I've been there! You went to help our hobby, or the new guy? Leave it alone! The savings you are talking is B.S. If saving $30 is going to make the difference in getting into our hobby, stay out! We didn't get into R/C cars to save money, that goes for any new guys too! That seems like painting the wrong picture! Hell! Sell your Flash and buy the new guy a 3 port and a GT body.
We've seen simple in action and people like it, leave it alone.
LET'S RACE!!
How many 10 dollar bodies you want?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If I could make the cost of the GT bodies lower, I would, but right now I can't. Keep in mind though, the 2wd cars weigh less and go a little slower and based on my experience so far, bodies last a lot longer, especially the GT type.

By the way, the front knuckle mounts on the P8C have been beefed up quite a bit. I don't think they have been crash tested yet, but they should be better than before.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Questions??

Are the current 8th Pan Racers who run at Toledo okay with Racers like Jeff (who ran really well at the GLC with his new Xray and placed 3rd at the Byron Race with his Mugen in 8th Open) running the Pan Car Class?

Is everyone welcome in the Pan Class, reguardless of age, even sponsored drivers, including those who want to run this as a second class? This class will become competitive just like any class, after all, we're racing. Or does this seem to be against the idea of this class? Or is the idea to make this an Entry Class?

Looks like the best new Pan Chassis available in North America is the Motonica Classique' Extreme. This car is a little more than the standard Classique' but meets all the Pan Car Rules. Will this be accepted or will people think that this is against the spirit of the class??

I'm trying to decide whether to order a car from Garen. I would like to get one but I want to be clear on what this class is all about.

Bodies - I will run whatever the Club decides. My personal preference would be Sports (Can/Am - GTP Current Bodies) because I don't see the point in putting on a inferior handling, heavier, awkward to fuel, awkward to temp, more expensive, unrealistic Sedan style body with holes in the windshield which makes the engine run hotter. However, I would run what the majority want.

Engine - I would be happy with whatever the majority wants. Doesn't matter to me.

I looked at a car this past weekend. Looks like Fun!

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aarcobra
OK, Good! Now before I come up to the MWS in a couple of weeks, tell me what happens if there are not six entries running in the Pan class. Lon I had said if there were not six we would run pan with the GT Class. (Another related question is what if six sign up and one or more drop out-can we still keep running?) I doubt the GT class in the MWS will allow "Lola" type bodies running with the buggy GT's.

I don't want to drive up and not be able to know what's what!

What are "TOP FUEL BODIES"?

By the way you'll get beat every time by more a more powerful car the is equally hooked up!

Matt, I'm jumping back and forth between the rules for next season and the rules for pan cars running in the Toledo MWS, Sept. 10 & 11. Since we're talking about pan cars, some of the decisions on the rules may be the same and have the same pros and cons. I just don't want to drive all the way up there and not know what's what. We have plenty of time to redo next seasons rules a hundered times befor spring!
i say we never run with the GT cars anymore ...they get their own class if 3 or more show up, right??...so why not our own class if 3 or more pans show up??......maybe Canada Joe or Rick could come up with some type of exhaust restrictor for us this winter................then the motors are a moot point.....the sports car bodies are cool....just not $50.00 a piece cool.........i say lets run any body except the "Top Fuel Bodies"..........the latest greatest 4wd bodies with the HUMONGOUS side dams....then guys also have a use for old unused 4wd bodies along with the too small 4wd tires
Old 08-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

When I first brought out the P8C cars, they had weak front ends and sportscar bodies, interest was low. Ned's fix for the front end and the GT body has raised the interest allot! Those who have made the effort to get the cars have also gotten the GT body. The GT bodies seem to be holding up very well. I wish we had more choices, but for now we don't. These are the facts.
Now the guy running a old car with limited parts really should not be asked to buy a new motor or body, just let em run for the fun!(love watching those cars) Those who really look at this class as a dumping station for any old stuff they have laying around, well you're missing the point. I would think anyone with all that stuff laying around could easily afford a $50 body.
I'm not locked in on the GT, but I understand the value of something different running around the track. This would be a shot in the arm for our hobby. If your idea is to do what it takes to run the fastest lap time you can, GO TO 4WD!! Seems pretty simple to me.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dyoung
Serpent used to make quite a few GT bodies for 1/8th that cost the same as the regular bodies. They had McClarens, Porsche, Ferrari. I will see if they are still available.
Dennis
That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

A modern pan car with a GT body and 3 port motor is a very fun package. It's not cheap to buy, but still a great package. This car well not look like a slow 4wd.
Bolting a Flash in a pan car for any reason should be unacceptable. If you're in the right place, a $10 body can be found, anywhere else $25 to $30. Who are you fooling?
Sell or dump your old engine on a not as rich 4wd racer and buy a new 3 port. This is good cheap fun racing that some of us have enjoyed already, I've been there! You went to help our hobby, or the new guy? Leave it alone! The savings you are talking is B.S. If saving $30 is going to make the difference in getting into our hobby, stay out! We didn't get into R/C cars to save money, that goes for any new guys too! That seems like painting the wrong picture! Hell! Sell your Flash and buy the new guy a 3 port and a GT body.
We've seen simple in action and people like it, leave it alone.
LET'S RACE!!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
Are the current 8th Pan Racers who run at Toledo okay with Racers like Jeff (who ran really well at the GLC with his new Xray and placed 3rd at the Byron Race with his Mugen in 8th Open) running the Pan Car Class?

Is everyone welcome in the Pan Class, reguardless of age, even sponsored drivers, including those who want to run this as a second class? This class will become competitive just like any class, after all, we're racing. Or does this seem to be against the idea of this class? Or is the idea to make this an Entry Class?

Looks like the best new Pan Chassis available in North America is the Motonica Classique' Extreme. This car is a little more than the standard Classique' but meets all the Pan Car Rules. Will this be accepted or will people think that this is against the spirit of the class??

I'm trying to decide whether to order a car from Garen. I would like to get one but I want to be clear on what this class is all about.

Bodies - I will run whatever the Club decides. My personal preference would be Sports (Can/Am - GTP Current Bodies) because I don't see the point in putting on a inferior handling, heavier, awkward to fuel, awkward to temp, more expensive, unrealistic Sedan style body with holes in the windshield which makes the engine run hotter. However, I would run what the majority want.

Engine - I would be happy with whatever the majority wants. Doesn't matter to me.

Thanks.
Great questions! Luckily we ahce a few months to figure out all the details! I would like to see different chassis used, now it's too much of a "Spec" class. So my 2 cents are that the Extreme would be fine, I'd like to see the French car with the ground effects! As far as bodies, I really would like something different, at least like Matt and II are talking about I think) the sports bodies without the huge side dams. Sedan bodies would be my preference but I do understand the cost and lack of availability. Something we used to do (I know, "nobody cares how you did it up north" or in the past BUT use Gt bodies half the season and sports the other half ;-).........
Old 08-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Send me your lis of what is available.... (New, not used tho)
Old 09-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks.
great too hear from you john, i think the p8c is around because it has an importer, matt and i have found some other great looking cars but no way too get'm. for example bpengines has one but our favourate unobtainable is the lfbrain from mantura models however at 490 euro way too expencive. the p8c meets all our needs decent price and available. for now lets run whatever body each person has too use, then let majority rule and start fresh in the spring. i'm just happy too get too run midwest. as far as motors my kangaroo should prob. be the limit
Old 09-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default motel

help !! want too stay at a motel i saw looks like it's off curtice road when i exit off 280, can't remember the name !!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5italkart
help !! want too stay at a motel i saw looks like it's off curtice road when i exit off 280, can't remember the name !!
Right next to Meijer?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks.
I don't know what everyone else is thinking but I feel the class should be open to anyone who wants to run it. Ned, and Lon Sr. seem to think Jeff Z and myself should not be allowed to run it but I can't tell if they are joking or not about it. Jeff and I both feel its a class we could run as a 2nd class without all the work of a sedan or IGT car, plus get more use out of our 4wd parts.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Send me your lis of what is available.... (New, not used tho)
You don't need help from a class wrecker like myself but I do have atleast 4 new out dated sports car bodies. I'm pretty sure everyone of them was free. Dontated by racers just looking to clear out junk.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You don't need help from a class wrecker like myself but I do have atleast 4 new out dated sports car bodies. I'm pretty sure everyone of them was free. Dontated by racers just looking to clear out junk.
I usually don't get on here and post a lot, but here is my two cents worth. The class should remain simple with simple rules that are in essence already there. 2wd 8th scale, what ever the stock motor lon is currently running, it is not to powerful and the guys using them are having no problems out of them, as soon as you start opening up the motors and the performance, trust me when I say this the class will fail. Keep the bodies the gt style that you guys have been running, this adds a little bit of a challenge to handling and driver skill, don't screw it up with allowing lola bodies, that is what 8th scale open is for.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.