Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
Side note
Tonight looking around I cannot find a 5mm insert for novarossi or from novarossi.

5.4 is the smallest they currently offer
24454 is the part number

unless someone else see's different

the 5T comes with 6,7,8
some of the other motors come with 5.4, 6, 6.5 ext

So its possible that 5.4 may be the size, needs to be universal accross motors and brands. and off the shelf item, to fit any or most of the 4 and 5 port motors.

Still looking anyone else have a link
Thanks
Go Figure! Would have swore a dealer told me 5, 6, and 7, and that he was running the 7. I'll look and see what color my 5.4 is.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

rb also has a 5.4 insert it come with the .12 motors use 5.4

http://stores.ebay.com/dogboneking/A...=p4634.c0.m322
i ordered a set awhile back shipping was about a week nice pieces
Old 12-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Uniformly it may need to be looked at what is the size closets to 5 that is available to all motors
6.0 is the smallest I can find today
This may be why roar selected 6 for the gt cars
Again unless someone sees different
I know my nova inserts don't fit picco carbs and vis vets

Last edited by Vector03cobra; 12-20-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azeroth
rb also has a 5.4 insert it come with the .12 motors use 5.4

http://stores.ebay.com/dogboneking/A...=p4634.c0.m322
i ordered a set awhile back shipping was about a week nice pieces
http://rc-tworks.com/index.asp

maybe a contact for specials as well

http://rc-tworks.com/Products.asp?S_id=11&M_id=2
http://rc-tworks.com/Products.asp?S_id=12&M_id=2

seeing they make them
Old 12-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Unobtanium servo plate....
Old 12-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Unobtanium servo plate....
neat
Old 12-21-2013, 02:06 AM
Tech Master

nice!!
Old 12-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
look at the thread for GT Spec Engines.
all i'm doing john is running what ever will run good in my stable. i have an old mega pico i got in a box of parts, guess i'll just put my good carb and restrictor on it. remember our group is all about fun on a sunday
Old 12-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Where GT sort of went wrong.

GT started off a just some guys running buggys as onroad cars
GT then moved to a semi organized class with no real rules and started to grow people wanted some rules and the following year they got them

GT moved to lower priced motors and larger motors even an option this is where get kind of peaked but there had been a portion of those racers that wanted to be able to use even better motors

About 2 years later they got better motors and most of the country has used those motors in some form or another

When I say better motors I am talking $$$ onroad motors

Then he class started to disappear mostly in the midwest here due to tires and motors both costing a fair amount to race these GT cars and the junky cars costing a fair amount to maintain .

Anyways Now roar comes out with some interesting rules some I like some I can see why people are up in arms over motor rules, frankly roar took far to long and didnt know enough about the class.

People are butt hurt over having to use a slower motor in there GT cars now.

So for pan I can see people trying there best to limit as best as possible cost and keep the racing as close as possible.

Anyone of you should embrace this effort and not let it go the way of GT.

Now GT will move on and be fine and will more then likely be a better class from it but it may take time.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Where GT sort of went wrong.

GT started off a just some guys running buggys as onroad cars
...And that's where it should have stopped....who turns an onroad car into an offroad??.......I'm been working on Squishy to buy a pan forever...i'll get him sooner or later....
Old 12-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
...And that's where it should have stopped....who turns an onroad car into an offroad??.......I'm been working on Squishy to buy a pan forever...i'll get him sooner or later....
Maybe now he will. it be nice to see him out more.

After touching base with Lon sr tonight Ill be making my next post going over some stuff to do with motor rules.

And 1/8th pan rules. anyways
Old 12-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

2014 2wd 1/8th pan rules.

Motors
3 port no restrictor .21 motors
4 ports 6mm restrictor.21 motors
5 port 6mm restrictor .21 motors

Tech for motors is as follows.
At most club races we will follow the honor system or fellow racer's tech.
What is this you might ask, if you or more then one fellow racer know's someone using a motor that does not fit the rules point it out, if you know of a motor that does not fit the rules point it out. If people point your motor out as not fitting the rules you will be asked to show it to Jeff Zuccarell, Jon Jon Strausbaugh, And lastly Lon Sr you will be allowed to finish that days race but it will not count and you will be asked to not run it at any following pan car races if you do try to run it again you will not be allowed to finish racing that day and you wont be allowed to enter again until you pre tech a motor that fits the rules.(This is a Limited motor class, much like "stock racing")

Tech at midwest and GLC
Pre tech, you will need to show who ever is in charge of tech and if no one is you will need to show Lon sr, myself, or Jon strausball the inside of your motor, remove the head and allow them to count your ports. you will get some kind of paint mark on that motor. if its a 4 or 5 port you will need to show your carb and restrictor it will be checked and paint marked. you can be spot chaked at any time. the top 3 cars will be checked after the final for ports and restrictor just the same way. the 4th place car may also be tech'd.

(we tried for 5.0mm restrictors but its just not a off the shelf item and if you can find it for one motor you cannot find it for another.)

With that said there are many many restrictors for almost every single motor @ 6mm.
Motors not allowed anything over 5 ports not 6 not 7 not 5+2, not 9

Bodies, you can use what you like vintage or what not, as a class you may follow the 1/8th 4wd body rules and dimensions as a baseline.

Really as neat as some of the other bodies may be the idea is to keep racing close and keep the cars easy to drive, 1/8th scale 4wd bodies have the most downforce and make the car easy to drive. These bodies are the most readlly available.

For fuel tanks and chassis rules follow 1/8th 4wd dimension's.
Chassis, cars can flex and follow the EU designs, just no shocks or springs suspension.

Weight, 2009 Roar weight 2270g Current

no 2 speeds or multi ratio transmissions

These are the General rules

These are also the General rules for the midwest series.(just waiting on the weight check) and 99% sure these will be the rules for the GLC for pan hope to have a large turn out..

We hope to grow keep growing this class and improve the racing, with any luck we will have 10+ at the GLC I myself keep thinking we may see 15 cars

Now that its all settled I want to see more design pictures and built 2wd pan car pictures.

Last edited by Vector03cobra; 12-22-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Jeff.. I think we are on the right track.. The 5 port
limit effectively keeps out the big buck on road motors.
(Something the GT guys should have done ages ago)

Restrictors are easily tech'd....hopefully everybody will be
on the up and up as far as sleeves

Don't remember what the weight was... Are we
going to resort to the old ROAR pan weight??

Just found a rule book from 2009 in my junk.. It shows
pan weight as 2270 g. Jeff.. Do you know what your
Car weighs???... Want to try to hold my Panzer to WRC weight...
Old 12-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default COOL!

2014 2wd 1/8th pan rules.

Motors
3 port no restrictor .21 motors
4 ports 6mm restrictor.21 motors
5 port 6mm restrictor .21 motors

Tech for motors is as follows.
At most club races we will follow the honor system or fellow racer tech.
What is this you might ask, if you know someone using a motor that does not fit the rules point it out, if you know of a motor that does not fit the rules point it out. If someone points your motor out as not fitting the rules you will be asked to show it to Lon sr, or myself, you will be allowed to finish that days race but it will not count and you will be asked to not run it at any following pan car races if you do try to run it again you will not be allowed to finish racing that day and you wont be allowed to enter again until you pre tech a motor that fits the rules.

Tech at midwest and GLC
Pre tech, you will need to show who ever is in charge of tech and if no one is you will need to show Lon sr, myself, or Jon strausball the inside of your motor, remove the head and allow them to count your ports. you will get some kind of paint mark on that motor. if its a 4 or 5 port you will need to show your carb and restrictor it will be checked and paint marked. you can be spot chaked at any time. the top 3 cars will be checked after the final for ports and restrictor just the same way. the 4th place car may also be tech'd.

(we tried for 5.0mm restrictors but its just not a off the shelf item and if you can find it for one motor you cannot find it for another.)

With that said there are many many restrictors for almost every single motor @ 6mm.
Motors not allowed anything over 5 ports not 6 not 7 not 5+2, not 9

Bodies, you can use what you like vintage or what not, as a class you may follow the 1/8th 4wd body rules and dimensions as a baseline.

Really as neat as some of the other bodies may be the idea is to keep racing close and keep the cars easy to drive, 1/8th scale 4wd bodies have the most downforce and make the car easy to drive. These bodies are the most readlly available.

For fuel tanks and chassis rules follow 1/8th 4wd dimension's.
Chassis, cars can flex and follow the EU designs, just no shocks or springs suspension.

Weight, (Someone posted a weight a few pages back anyone remember what that was I think it was 2300 I just want to confirm this) M.Taylor do you remember the weight that was posted.

no 2 speeds or multi ratio transmissions

These are the General rules

These are also the General rules for the midwest series.(just waiting on the weight check) and 99% sure these will be the rules for the GLC for pan hope to have a large turn out..

We hope to grow keep growing this class and improve the racing, with any luck we will have 10+ at the GLC I myself keep thinking we may see 15 cars

Now that its all settled I want to see more design pictures and built 2wd pan car pictures.
COOL!
Old 12-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Looks really good. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.