Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class >

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Old 11-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
No sir, in my opinion you are not a hack. Very talented. Can't wait to see what you do with that mill.
Thanks...... Gotta convince mamma that a mill is a necessity
and not a luxury.... ....Davis and Schmaltz and Joe P are the real deal around here....
Ill settle for a wanna-be
Old 11-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Well, I wanna be like you man!! Wish I had your skills.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Not yet on eta
Just order and wait it will be here well before summer

Buggy 3 port will be a dog timing is all wrong Imo

They don't buy many so if it's on BO your going to have a better chance to get one for sure

I'll still see if I can nail down a eta

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Jeff...did they say when they might be coming in???....Ive been searching for one...absolute hobbyz has one but high priced....I might try a Fusion buggy 3 port

http://www.houstonsengineservice.com...8f1b60c9fb34f5

did a couple more clean up cuts...
Old 11-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra

Buggy 3 port will be a dog timing is all wrong Imo
...I thought Whiting was running a buggy 3 port???......,.........
thought pans would be better with a little more low end grunt and less zing..............hello Davis?....Are you home?.........
Old 11-23-2013, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

and not a luxury.... ....Davis and Schmaltz and Joe P are the real deal around here....
maybe so, but after 50+ hours i don't wanna be LOL . then by sunday night i'm down there cutting away. need a read out on my mill but then i found a bigger one that has one, hmmm trying too do as much as i can at home without the over the top technology of work.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
maybe so, but after 50+ hours i don't wanna be LOL . then by sunday night i'm down there cutting away. need a read out on my mill but then i found a bigger one that has one, hmmm trying too do as much as i can at home without the over the top technology of work.
DRO??
Old 11-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

DRO??
yes little mach. shop sells one that will fit. maybe i'll use my tax refund on it
Old 11-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thought pans would be better with a little more low end grunt and less zing..............hello Davis?....Are you home?.........
Confirmed it was a buggy 5 port.

No no matter how many ports a onroad motor has better timing.

It's not a 7 lb buggy it doesn't need that much tq
Old 11-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It was actually a 5 port buggy engine with a 6mm restricter but I thought it ran pretty well. It does not take much for these cars to get moving. We will run a true 3 port engine next year (not 3 + boost ports, whatever that is) but it might be buggy motor again.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmmm

If I have this right...your front end is basically aluminum. Oddly enough, so is mine, and Tom's will be too (with a redesign). Next year could get a little messy, aluminum vs. whatever they're making the other cars out of....lol.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
If I have this right...your front end is basically aluminum. Oddly enough, so is mine, and Tom's will be too (with a redesign). Next year could get a little messy, aluminum vs. whatever they're making the other cars out of....lol.
Aluminum snaps plastic.....you have email...
check it.. In need of parts
Old 11-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Default Dam it!

Thanks to Hitcharide, I found myself working on a MRP Pro 180. It has to be at least 20 years since I last had one. First I had to round up some SAE tools, just a few as this has to have been the easiest R/C car ever to work on, so simple. I wonder how we could have gotten away from this simple joy to racing the very complex cars of today? I'd bet the same drivers would be winning any how, maybe we'd all be richer.

Dam it! It happened just that fast, in no time I'm flashing back to the evil side of the MRP. I was being careful, yet the clutch E-clip took off and hide. Rats! I hate those things! Well over the years I have developed a very keen eye for finding small things, plus I had just swept the floor. Armed with a super LED light (didn't have those back then), I figured that E-chip didn't have a chance. After 20 minutes on hands and knees, I give up. All I found was how bad of a job I did sweeping.

So I have all sorts of X-ray, WRC, Mugen, Ass., and Motonica clips laying around, I'll show that e-chip, I'll replace it with a new metric chip! Not so easy. Every little mm chip I have seems so big now!

Back in the day, it seemed as if once you gave up, the E-clip would show itself. So I'm pretending to have given up!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Back in the day, it seemed as if once you gave up, the E-clip would show itself. So I'm pretending to have given up!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Thanks to Hitcharide, I found myself working on a MRP Pro 180. It has to be at least 20 years since I last had one. First I had to round up some SAE tools, just a few as this has to have been the easiest R/C car ever to work on, so simple. I wonder how we could have gotten away from this simple joy to racing the very complex cars of today? I'd bet the same drivers would be winning any how, maybe we'd all be richer.

Dam it! It happened just that fast, in no time I'm flashing back to the evil side of the MRP. I was being careful, yet the clutch E-clip took off and hide. Rats! I hate those things! Well over the years I have developed a very keen eye for finding small things, plus I had just swept the floor. Armed with a super LED light (didn't have those back then), I figured that E-chip didn't have a chance. After 20 minutes on hands and knees, I give up. All I found was how bad of a job I did sweeping.

So I have all sorts of X-ray, WRC, Mugen, Ass., and Motonica clips laying around, I'll show that e-chip, I'll replace it with a new metric chip! Not so easy. Every little mm chip I have seems so big now!

Are they 1/4 inch e-clips?

Lon....Is this the same chassis as yours??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1-8-...item41799500a6
Old 11-27-2013, 08:05 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This chassis is for the C510, MRPīs first 1/8 car. Not for the Pro 180.
I have several of the old E-clips, just not sure which size is needed.
Have to look at my C510, maybe itīs the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.