European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Old 01-18-2013, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Looking good!!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default 2wd Pan in the MidWest Series

Do you any of you know if the US MidWest Series plans to run the Pan car as a class this year? I would like to get Foster ( 11 ) one if there will be 4 or 5 running regularly.

Jeff
Old 01-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Do you any of you know if the US MidWest Series plans to run the Pan car as a class this year? I would like to get Foster ( 11 ) one if there will be 4 or 5 running regularly. we don't know for sure, toledo has the only real regular group. when do they post the mws schd.?

Jeff
we never really know for sure. when do they post the mws schd.?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmm

Originally Posted by 5italkart
Last I heard (and talking about it with Lon at the Snowball) is a return of pan next year. Lest we forget, pan is in the rule book, it is a class, and its only limitation is participation. Speaking for myself, I will try to make a better showing and put more effort into pan this year.

However (there's always a however) my year will also get significantly busier, because as time and health permit, I will have a new shop project to work on this summer with Tom. I just bought (don't ask for pics, hasn't shipped yet) a 1968 Jag XKE. It needs some serious restorative work body-wise, and hopefully it won't eat into play time with the r/c stuff too much. If anyone has ever had one of these things, tips and advice will be appreciated....
Old 01-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Last I heard (and talking about it with Lon at the Snowball) is a return of pan next year. Lest we forget, pan is in the rule book, it is a class, and its only limitation is participation. Speaking for myself, I will try to make a better showing and put more effort into pan this year.

However (there's always a however) my year will also get significantly busier, because as time and health permit, I will have a new shop project to work on this summer with Tom. I just bought (don't ask for pics, hasn't shipped yet) a 1968 Jag XKE. It needs some serious restorative work body-wise, and hopefully it won't eat into play time with the r/c stuff too much. If anyone has ever had one of these things, tips and advice will be appreciated....
found my own classic (rc size) hpi nissan gt 1 body for the pan
Old 01-19-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

I hear the roar of an XKE now, it's Phil! Do you know why Brits like their beer warm? Because they have Lucus refrigerators! HA ha ! Do you get it? What a very cool car you have there. 67 was the last year for knock off hubs and covered head lights, but very cool just the same. Most of the British cars had Lucus electrical parts that weren't all that great and it was common to see one with bumper sticker with that joke on it. Good luck and enjoy it!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Default Heh

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
I hear the roar of an XKE now, it's Phil! Do you know why Brits like their beer warm? Because they have Lucus refrigerators! HA ha ! Do you get it? What a very cool car you have there. 67 was the last year for knock off hubs and covered head lights, but very cool just the same. Most of the British cars had Lucus electrical parts that weren't all that great and it was common to see one with bumper sticker with that joke on it. Good luck and enjoy it!
Already planned to replace the wiring harness, I'd heard about those. The a/c work isn't a problem, I do plenty of that stuff in the summers anyhow. What I need to find now is a 1/8 xke body that'll fit a pan car!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
oops, the bod is a toyota gt1 hey sr. you hear from garen? also am i correct in asuming the glc will be last week of august?. i need too put in vac. time asap
Old 01-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hey

oops, the bod is a toyota gt1 hey sr. you hear from garen? also am i correct in asuming the glc will be last week of august?. i need too put in vac. time asap
You got a link where I can find one??
Old 01-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

.......shouldn't you be machining more and posting less???.............spring is coming soon..............
Phil...check this out 1 /8 scratch build Jag
http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...-roadster.html
Old 01-21-2013, 01:53 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.......shouldn't you be machining more and posting less???.............spring is coming soon..............
Phil...check this out 1 /8 scratch build Jag
http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...-roadster.html
Yeah, I should. However, business picked up, been busy in the shop, and by the end of the day don't have anything left in me to do much else but type. As with everything else around here, it'll get done when it gets done and hope that happens to be when it's supposed to get done.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah, I should. However, business picked up, been busy in the shop, and by the end of the day don't have anything left in me to do much else but type. As with everything else around here, it'll get done when it gets done and hope that happens to be when it's supposed to get done.
I FEEL your pain but ya make it when it's there
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Do you any of you know if the US MidWest Series plans to run the Pan car as a class this year? I would like to get Foster ( 11 ) one if there will be 4 or 5 running regularly.

Jeff
We will continue to run the 1/8th pan along with the 1/8th GT cars for 2013. If there are enough entries to split the classes for qualifying we may do that but for mains and points they will be combined.

Thx
Dennis
Old 01-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a tenative schedule put together but am awaiting Toledo, Joliet and Dayton to look at some dates, which I think they are waiting for ROAR to clarify/decide if the ROAR Nationals for Nitro will stand as posted. I know Racine will be in July and Cincinnati in August.

Dennis
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

found it in a box marked 40%off at my local shop.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.